• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM configuration software

Started by GoaSkin, November 02, 2008, 03:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bwatterud

I downloaded the Mac version from the LEX before it was locked, and it just didn't work.  (double clicked the icon, it would start to open, then immediately close).

GoaSkin

I will release separate PPC and Intel versions later. Maybe, your installation does not support PPC emulation.

But to find out more about the error, can you please try to run it from command line by going into NamConfig.app/Contents/MacOS and then to run ./namconfig ? May be, there is an error message that gives an hint.
download SC4Config public BETA (RC1)

Meastro444

i can translate to Dutch, but i will be away till monday. so if you send it to me, you can have it on tuesday.
Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)

GoaSkin

Thnx... I may send you the translation source later. Some one else wanted to do it but I don't have got any result from him. I will ask him if he still wants to do it and if not, I will send it to you.

Btw. do you know if dutch and vlaams use the same locale or do I have to declare a different language that uses the same translation?

WC_EEND

RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

GoaSkin

Here is the RC3 build (Mac Only, now Universal binary)

http://www.yousendit.com/download/WnBSd0VGaTFRR2RMWEE9PQ

Please test, if the bugs have been solved. Tomorrow, I am going to publish the windows version.

bwatterud

It opens now, but some documentation would be nice, because I have some questions that I'm sure a simple readme could answer.  For example what does the "mod emulation" option do?  What does the "load" button do (or why doesn't it do what I think it should)?

GoaSkin

I have a documentation to write - as HTML document. I started one but damaged it because somehow I cut most parts of the text exactly before saving. But a quick help should appear when hovering the cursor over any group field.

Btw. the minimum Mac OS version is 10.3.9. Older versions cannot handle universal binaries.

GoaSkin

Here is the latest Source Code if anybody wants to compile the program for hisself or to make modifications:

http://www.yousendit.com/download/WnBUTkFtSys5eFdGa1E9PQ

Next windows binary will be attached soon.

GoaSkin

I compiled a Windows binary now where all known bugs should be fixed. Please download under this link:

If there are no bugs to solve, this will be the next release version.

http://www.yousendit.com/download/WnBUTkFqaytiR0tGa1E9PQ

GoaSkin

Well... a dutch translation is beeing to be adde (thanks to Maestro444).

Because some words are very long, there is a little bit of space missing (see picture). Has anybody an idea how to make some phrases sensefully shorter? (I already shortened a few words)

Meastro444

i knew those long words were being a problem, that is one of the problems about dutch &idea

Zack

Quote from: GoaSkin on January 03, 2009, 12:20:04 PM
I compiled a Windows binary now where all known bugs should be fixed. Please download under this link:

If there are no bugs to solve, this will be the next release version.

http://www.yousendit.com/download/WnBUTkFqaytiR0tGa1E9PQ

Unfortunately that link is expired. Id say moved to a better host. I have heard bad things about yousendit.
try this service. its better

http://www.uploading.com/

GoaSkin

Now... I am currently modifying the tool to be used with the January 2009 NAM.

GoaSkin

Now I offer a test version for the January NAM.

For testing,

- please try around to find out bugs on plugin removement and export
- look in NetworkAddonMOD_Configuration.DAT if the produced Exemplar values are well
- deliver me translations for untranslated words!

For a download link see two postings below!
Windows version with installer.

Toripony

The Jan '09 beta file at this download location is now locked.  Is there another posted anywhere?

GoaSkin

Every link is valid for seven days only... here is the next one...

Please also look for bad english!

http://www.yousendit.com/download/WnBUUWVvYXl6NEt4dnc9PQ

GoaSkin

@Plunderer and Meastro444: Can you please translate the following phrases into traditional and simplified chinese and dutch?

volume data view

arrow reduction

clean air ordinance

low

high

ultra

Roundabouts and Oneway

Oneway Road Arrows Reduction

Roundabout Arrows Reduction

no reduction

The directory could not be deleted. <BR>Check the permissions in the following file:<BR><BR><SPAN STYLE="color: #008800; font-size: small; background-color: #FFFF00;">

The directory could not be deleted. Check the directory permissions!

The directory could not be moved. Check the directory permissions!

Meastro444

Insert Quote
volume data view = Volume data scherm

arrow reduction = Pijl reductie

clean air ordinance = schone lucht verordening

low = laag

high = hoog

ultra = ultra

Roundabouts and Oneway = Rotondes en Eenrichtingsverkeer

Oneway Road Arrows Reduction = eenrichtingsverkeer pijl reductie

Roundabout Arrows Reduction = Rotonde pijl reductie

no reduction = geen reductie

The directory could not be deleted. <BR>Check the permissions in the following file:<BR><BR><SPAN STYLE="color: #008800; font-size: small; background-color: #FFFF00;">

Deze map kon niet verwijdered worden. <BR>Controleer de permissies tot het volgende bestand:<BR><BR><SPAN STYLE="color: #008800; font-size: small; background-color: #FFFF00;">

The directory could not be deleted. Check the directory permissions! = De map kon niet verwijderd worden. Controleer de permissies!

The directory could not be moved. Check the directory permissions! = De map kon niet verplaatst worden. Controleer de permissies!

GoaSkin

Mac Version is updated on the LEX.

Now, it isn't required anymore to place the tunnel-DAT in the NAM subfolder. This version includes a small enhancement to the original NAM: Volume Data View and P&R is availlable for all simulators.

Whe Windows version will follow soon...