• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM configuration software

Started by GoaSkin, November 02, 2008, 03:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeST

uh, I have a working version of QT 4.4.3 already installed, would that work?

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

GoaSkin

QT 4.4 may work but binaries become much larger than with version 4.3. Do you have static or dynamic QT? That means, do the programs depend on installed DLL or is the DLL content linked into the binary? Here is the actual source. Hope this provider will work (yousendit is currently down).

http://www.send6.com/20e1c85835d42d0dbc18c70596096174

The EXE must be copied into the NAM folder. There, the automata plugins, traffic simulators, and all the plugin files that are in the Plugins folder from the source have to be removed from the NAM. The source tree does not contain the tunnel models DAT. I will attach it to this thread later.
download SC4Config public BETA (RC1)

JoeST

thanks for the source Goaskin.

i have no idea, being on Linux i just typed the command 'pacman -S qt' and it installed it for me

Joe

Edit: super wierd error

make: Warning: File `namconfig.pro' has modification time 1.4e+04 s in the future

LOL 4 hours in the future :o

Edit2: meh, I will just read the code :)

GoaSkin

timezone

RPMs are dynamic QT because all KDE applications use QT, so one library for all needs less diskspace than programs with the functions into...

GoaSkin

This file contains the latest Mac version and the source code.

http://www.yousendit.com/download/TTZrb24wMVhlM1JFQlE9PQ

You may compile it yourself or use the included Mac version on Mac OS X

- under any Linux distribution with the QT developer package (version 4) installed
- under windows with QT 4.3.5 (www.trolltech.com) and MinGW (www.mingw.org) or Visual Studio installed

Find a program that is able to mount dmg images (I think must CD-burning softwares do...)

This version is able to save the location of the NAM folder, so you don't need to put the program on a fixed place. But you must still remove the automata and traffic plugins from your NAM folder to make it work properly. Furthermore the railroad viaduct style and custom menu DATs to make it selectable from the program.

GoaSkin

JeanLucPicard2 made a windows build. I uploaded it to the SFBT testcenter (nam folder). Feel free to test it. If there are two DLLs missing, please download the MS visual runtime! This is a debug version (that's why it has 5.2MB). I will attach it to this forum when I have a few responses from internal testers.

BarbyW

I have downloaded the file from the LEX but the Readme is not recognised as an HTML document and there are no instructions on how/where to install it and how to use it. These are a minimum for LEX uploads so can you please address this urgently or I shall have to lock the file until you do?
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

BarbyW

I have locked the Windows version until you update this. I cannot check the Mac version so will leave that unlocked unless I hear to the contrary. This looks a very useful tool but I haveno idea how to use it properly. Please address the issues in my previous post and re upload.

Chrisim

I downloaded Goaskin's NAM Tool (Windows version) before it was locked and I tested it. The present Windows version has several important bugs and should NOT be used !!! If you tested the NAM Tool Windows version, it is likely that your NAM implementation was damaged. There is no undo except deleting the NAM folder and re-installing the NAM April 2008 version from scratch.

In principle, the tool looks quite interesting, but presently it does not hold its promises due to the significant bugs. I will discuss them with Goaskin in the German Simforum.

Disclaimer: Goaskin's NAM tool was developed and uploaded by Goaskin. The NAM-Team was not involved at all.

BarbyW

Thanks for this, Chrisim. I am disappointed that Goaskin hasn't returned here to look for my posts. He made a comment in the upload comments that it had been locked with no message from an Admin ::) He obviously doesn't check his thread.
Do we know if the Mac version will also cause problems? Maybe I should lock that too.

JoeST

As both are compiled from the same source (probably) both will contain the same bugs.

Chrisim

Quote from: BarbyW on January 01, 2009, 05:23:57 AM
Do we know if the Mac version will also cause problems? Maybe I should lock that too.
There is a good chance that the Mac version works fine, because he has a Mac. I cannot verify. There is a difference between the NAM distribution for Windows (via installer that installs the required files only) and for Mac (a zip file that installs all files and the user has to move certain files for adaption). Good chance that it works fine for Mac.
My remarks concern the Windows version only. I don't see a reason to lock the Mac version, at least not without feedback from Mac users.

Andreas

GoaSkin hinted that he uploaded the tool to the LEX in order to get a wider distribution, so there would be more feedback (and test reports). Apparently, he didn't recognize that the LEX is supposed for finished items, rather than public beta tests. The release was as a complete surprise for me as well, esp. since the first functional Windows version was only released a few days ago here in the forums.
Andreas

BarbyW

I have locked both versions until I hear from Goaskin or someone else that this is fit for distribution. I have also temporarily suspended Goaskin's uploader rights to the LEX.

YYCRAZYHH

GoaSkin

I will release an updated version on Saturday. But if nobody explains me the Windows bugs, I don't know how to fix them. You said, that the icon orders and the viaduct style becomes wrong. But how does it become wrong. The program does nothing else with it except rewriting the original plugin files into the Configuration subfolder in the NAM dir if the checkboxes are checked, based on the real plugin files and not on re-assembled ones. Re-assembled are just the traffic and automata plugins and the network configurations.

GoaSkin

I found a bug. When exporting the plugin files, the path where to save is ignored for a strange reason. It worked in the past but on the latest builds, it is ignored but nothing has been changed on this section. So, it saves the DATs into the folder of the EXE instead the configuration subdir of the NAM. It works for the configuration DAT what is handled differently because it is assembled dynamicly.

This project has been anounced in late September, so the NAM team should be informed about it. The versions for the April NAM will not be a part of the NAM. The tool should be included for future versions into the NAM itself but not for the released ones.

It has been tested for weeks by sending download links to various forums with daily builds of it and when nobody reported bugs, I thought it is stable enough to release.

jeronij

I hope the bug/s can be fixed quickly and an updated version is soon available again. If the release is a beta or a RC then it should be advised in the download information as well. It is strongly suggested that only final RC's or finished products are uploaded to the LEX btw ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

GoaSkin

The bug has been fixed. The last version was RC2 and the next one will be RC3. The testers of the RC2 haven't found the errors that the downloaders have found, so I released it because there weren't anymore bugfix requests.

An update will follow on saturday.

GoaSkin

Btw. still looking for translators (for any language a windows version exists for)

Please PM me, if you want to translate 108 lines of text (mostly single words) to support another language.

Actually, the program supports english, german, traditional and simplified chinese and partially spanish.