• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM Causes CTD's

Started by CoastRunner, June 11, 2010, 11:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoastRunner

I have been using the NWM with the NAM, RHW, and SAM since it's release a few weeks ago, and I have had no problems plopping puzzle pieces, extending it, adding transition pieces, and using it in my cities.  But recently, with my download of the CAM, it suddenly stopped working correctly.  Now, every time I try to plop a puzzle piece, it crashes to the desktop.  I have tried repeatedly using different pieces in different situtations, to no avail and the same result.  Does anyone know what's wrong?

Tarkus

Sounds like there's some sort of conflict in your Plugins somewhere, and judging by your description, it doesn't sound like the NWM is the root of it.  I'm using the CAM with the NWM without any problems here as well.  Have you installed anything else recently? 

-Alex

jmyers2043

Tarkus gives good advise.

I can only add that I wasn't involved with the NAM or the network widening mod but am confident that it was thoroughly vetted before releasing. Plus problem pieces causing CTD's would have been discovered by now because others (myself included) have been using the CAM and the NAM and the various components with no problems.

the way I think to approach your CTD's would be to only have the NAM/SAM/NWM and the CAM in your plugins. Remove every thing else you've downloaded. Start a new 'test' region and see if you can play without CTD. If so - then start to put chucks of your plugins folder back in place. Testing as you go.

Be mindful too of a problem file that may be lurking in your c:\program files\Maxis\Plugin folder as well.

Please report back here if you're able to narrow things down as I'm sure others will benefit and the NAM team will probably do some specific testing as a result.

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

ScottFTL

CAM 1.0 includes Traffic Pathfinder plugins that will conflict with Traffic Simulator installed by the NAM.  If there is a z_CAM folder under My Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins, you should delete this. That should resolve your CTD problems.

CoastRunner

I have been looking for the problem with Jigsaw and a few others all afternoon, and have the CAM/NAM/SAM/RHW/NWM working fine when used by themselves with no other plugins.  Where it gets messy is adding other plugins.  I have tried finding which one, but every time I add anything else, it CTDs when plopping any NAM puzzle piece.

Thank you for your advice!