• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Accelerated Graphics Problems in City...

Started by kalanc69, January 24, 2007, 04:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalanc69

I recently suffered from a major computer meltdown and had to replace pretty much my entire system. I was able to save the hard drive, so I was able to save most of my data. When I reinstalled SC4 I placed all of my info back into the SC4 plugins folder. Everything seemed to be working fine until I loaded a city and noticed that my graphics were running at what appeared to be "Ludicrous" speed (Sorry for the Space Balls comparison!). I have reinstalled SC4 twice, and even took everything except the most necessary files out to see what would happen. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be happening?? I am running an AMD 64 Dual Core 4200+ Processor with 1024mb DDR2 5200 memory and a 7800GT Nvidia geforce graphics card with 256mb GDDR3 memory. I have the latest NAM as well as the latest SC4 update. Thanks in advance for your help and timely consideration in this matter.

Sincerely,

Kalanc69

%confuso  &hlp

keithsed

Is it only happening with SC4?

Do you have any other games installed and are they running OK?

Keith

kalanc69

Hi, thanks for responding. Everything else seems to work fine, it only seems to be SC4 that has the problem..Thanks for your time!

Kalanc69

%confuso

keithsed

Does it happen with an empty plugin folder?

When you reinstalled it does it happen when you bring up one of Maxi's maps i.e. San Franscio or London with nothing in the plug in folder?

With what you have under the hood you shouldn't be having any problems.   

Let me think about it for a couple of days.   &Thk/(

Keith

petercintn

Have you downloaded and installed the AMD fix for the dual core?  If not here's the linkie

Mircosoft has a fix also linkie. I did not use this on my rig.

edit: also, in case you don't know, even after the AMD patch is installed, I found that SC4 still will run on only one core, so you must set the affinity, the 'setaffinity' program will do this perminately so you don't have to open the task manager each time you play the game. linkie

Disreguard if you've done this.
Carolina Tar Heels... National Champs again!

Doc

I don't know if this is what is affecting your game, but there is an automata setting in SC4 that, if checked, will make the cars, etc run at hyper speed. Uncheckiing the box returns things to normal. Just wondering if it's possible that it had reset itself to the hyperspeed position, as some of the settings do reset themselves after a patch download, etc.
...Doc  aka Doxxp29