• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Where can I get a Japanese street/road mod? Also, a Japanese highway mod?

Started by Pipcard, August 11, 2012, 02:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pipcard

so my cities can have more of a Japanese feel to them?

And I already have NAM (with turning lanes) installed. Will there be a problem? If so, how can I avoid it?

catty

There is the Japanese NAM Facelift Mod which is available here

http://hide-inoki.com/bbs/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=800

As to how it would work with the current NAM ... sorry I can't help you there

-catty
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Magneto

There are 2 mods I know that might interest you:

Moonlight's SAM9 replacement texture (http://blog.livedoor.jp/moonlinght/archives/cat_59226.html)

And Cat Punch's street and road mod http://hide-inoki.com/bbs/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=856&sid=65ab9b0063ff954a67e1ee248e058d4a

be sure to get dependencies listed in the readme, the Neko props sets you will find on the same page)

Pipcard

Thanks! ^That was what I was looking for!

edit: will they conflict if I installed both?

I've noticed a Japanese roadsign prop pack. Is there a mod that puts that on Maxis Highways or RHW?

Pipcard

(I'm not sure if it's okay to double post, but I wanted to add a necessary statement)

The trees in the middle of the avenues become brown boxes in autumn for some reason, but are fine the rest of the year.

I think it's a problem with the NekoPropSet01-2, which are apparently all tree props.

moonlinght

Quote from: Pipcard on August 11, 2012, 05:58:59 PM
edit: will they conflict if I installed both?
Even if it used simultaneously, they are no problem :thumbsup:

Quote from: Pipcard on August 11, 2012, 05:58:59 PM
I've noticed a Japanese roadsign prop pack. Is there a mod that puts that on Maxis Highways or RHW?
No &mmm I want Japanese-style RHW too.

Quote from: Pipcard on August 11, 2012, 09:06:28 PM
The trees in the middle of the avenues become brown boxes in autumn for some reason, but are fine the rest of the year.
I think it's a problem with the NekoPropSet01-2, which are apparently all tree props.
Neko-punch's MOD dependencies

NAM by NAM team
SAM by NAM team
続 日本風信号 その2(Japanese-style stoplight)     by Plan of N   ...Maybe this is only for LHD players.
NekoPropSet01-1, NekoPropSet01-2, NekoPropSet03     by Neko-punch
MAS71 PropPack Vol01, MAS71 PropPack Vol03     by MAS'71
Sapporo_SubwayStation' prop(Bicycle prop)     by Jim
LRM Prop Pack 01     by MandelSoft

Pipcard

Another problem that I forgot to tell you about: the roads are still the default. No white dashed line in the middle of the road, or white crosswalk.

Magneto

For that you need Euro Road Texture Mod by SFBT (LEX) or Euro Road Retexture Mod by Mandelsoft (STEX)

lapse

Hello,

I'm also experiencing some problems. The cables from the telephone poles (?) are not showing up at all. Not sure why. I'm quite sure I've installed all the requirements.

• NAM
  • SAM
  • NekoPropSet01-1, NekoPropSet01-2, NekoPropSet03
  • MAS71 PropPack Vol01, MAS71 PropPack Vol03
  • Sapporo_SubwayStation' prop(Bicycle prop)
  • LRM Prop Pack 01

This is what it looks like for me:

No cables :/

MandelSoft

I think there were never cables to begin with. Cables tend to look funky on slopes...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

lapse

moonlinght

Are not you keeping this to your plugins folder? &Thk/( Please remove if you're using the MOD.

lapse

Quote from: moonlinght on October 07, 2012, 10:12:17 AM
Are not you keeping this to your plugins folder? &Thk/( Please remove if you're using the MOD.

Hello,

No, only v2. However your reply prompted me to investigate this once and for all. I moved everything from my plugins folder, re-downloaded the jpn sidewalk mod only to try to figure it out.

Turns out, the last file in neko's thread, NotDensen.zip means Not Cables. This is a zip with optional files that makes the cables go away (you can choose what kind of roads). I didn't realize this, thinking the zzOptionFile folder meant files with options.

Solution: Don't use the files in the NotDensen.zip if you want cables to show. :)

btw moonlinght, love your SC4 creations!

Shark7

Since I am wanting to use this mod myself, I need to ask a question first.

Will I need to remove any other street mods (except SAM) in order to prevent conflicts with this mod?

Or is there a list of mods that do and do not work with this mod installed?

Also, I guess another good question is will it work with RHD as well as LHD?

moonlinght

Quote from: Shark7 on November 15, 2012, 11:09:14 AM

Will I need to remove any other street mods (except SAM) in order to prevent conflicts with this mod?

Those two MODs are a competitive relationship with SFBT Street Tree Mod and JRJ Street side Mod, Seasonal Farm Street CP Trees 1. and There may be more &Thk/(
They probably will not not-work. However, it is better to remove.

RHD and LHD, either is OK ;)

Shark7

Quote from: moonlinght on November 16, 2012, 04:22:16 AM

Those two MODs are a competitive relationship with SFBT Street Tree Mod and JRJ Street side Mod, Seasonal Farm Street CP Trees 1. and There may be more &Thk/(
They probably will not not-work. However, it is better to remove.

RHD and LHD, either is OK ;)

Thanks for the reply Moonlight.  So it seems I need to unistall my current street mod, which won't be a problem.  Glad to hear it works for both RHD and LHD.  I will be installing this mod this evening.  :)