• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

VDK GLR Trains

Started by vester, June 24, 2008, 09:13:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paroch

They're both very good.  I think my preference is the top one.  The light blue on the outside just makes the whole tram look a little brighter.  Just a trick on the eyes I think.

Glenni

It looks very good so far, i especially like the way you make the windows, using "fake" reflections and interior shots, it makes it look so much better than just having plain blue or grey for windows. :)

Monorail Master

These are the trains for the Norfolk-VA Beach line which is called Tide Light Rail. The train which they are using the Avanto Trams by Siemens. The picture of the train they're using is below.

P.S. The colors of the trains are just like the buses pictured below. And the company name is HRT(Hampton Roads Transit)

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

vester

Not saying I am doing theme, but if I do, it still not going to be a true copy of it. The wave will only be on the first car (the engine) and not on the second, due to the lack of control.
Third: I will not make a special model for it, I will just use the same as shown above.
Second I could use some better pictures. maybe one of the front and some of the side. Straight on the side is preferred.

N1_2888

Meine Region E Pluribus Unum

vester

Quote from: vester on June 24, 2008, 09:13:17 AM
Might end up with a few more colours, but that will be it. Then it's back to the cathedral or the harbour bus.

They will be release as a small package, just like my tram package.

Sorry N1. As you might can read from the above, I am NOT going to make any other models, I am just reskinning this one model.

PS: The links is save in the bookmarks. You can find more pictures of them at world.nysubway.org.

N1_2888

Ok I understand, but, anyway, it was worth a try ... :-[ ;)
_____

EDIT: Thank you for bookmarking the links and for giving me the link from world.nycsubway.org! :thumbsup:

Meine Region E Pluribus Unum

Monorail Master

I see, I will get some pictures of the train when I go to VA Beach in 3 weeks.
(\__/)

Zaphod

I though that thing wouldn't be running for some time?

(but whatever here is a pic off the net of that Norfolk project: http://www.ridethetide.com/images/lrtmaps/LightRailDoubleTruck.jpg)

War Kittens !?

vester

Have to think of if there is a way to in cooperate the mayor lines. Still no promise, beside I will give it some thoughts....

Monorail Master

"$Deal"$ I saw a test of the train before on the internet but I forgot where because i forgot i'm doing this in my mind= :angrymore:
(\__/)

vester

After removing some errors, here is an in-game picture:

Am now trying to get some more nightlight on the train. Doing a lot of modding, correcting TGI ect.
It takes for everĀ  :sleeping:

paroch

Well Arne, what a pic - you should be proud of that one.  GLR station and trams by Vester.

With the way the two trams are passing on the corner, plus the amusing addition of the "body" at the top of the pic, I think that would do very well in the picture competition.

West End is going to be very proud to see those trams zipping around our cities.

Paul

praiodan

Very good work there Arne. As you may have guessed, I like the Berlin S-Bahn colour sheme the most, but actually it's up-side-down with the yellow on the top and the red on the bottom  ;D

vester

I can easy to them around, but at least I got the colour right.

JBalls_2008_SC4

Nice Trams Vester, Best Ones I've Seen!  &apls All The Others Are Only 1 Car, Too Big Or Look Pathetic! Keep Up The Good Work!  :thumbsup:
I'm Not Schizophrenic, I Just Have Loads Of Friends!

allan_kuan1992

Hmm... the car length seems too short for me at times... is there a possibility of lengthening it?

- Allan Kuan

vester

Well, yes that is possible. The length was choicen by one in the NAM a long time ago. Longer cars looked weird going round the sharp 1x1 tile turns there is in GLR.

allan_kuan1992

I notice that. $%Grinno$%

Especially when I was trying to make a small loop in a curve for some GLR stations so they would fit in a 5x5 block. :D

- Allan Kuan

vester

Inspired by some pictures I saw of Bybanen (the Bergen Light Rail), I have started working on a new tram model:

It's a light rail network still under construction.

I will do two more versions, one like this:

Taken from the homepage, www.bybanen.no

and maybe a version inspired by this one:

Thanks to Mike for showing me this picture.