• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC Texture Index

Started by geoffhaw, August 20, 2007, 02:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lemurien

Hello, could I get a texture range please ?

Thanks.

geoffhaw

@ lemurien, your range is 0xF8240000 to 0xF827FFFF

lemurien

isii94

Hi guys,
when I'm lotting, I sometimes even have to create some textures. Until now I always used the "default" range but for releasing some of my creations I should use unique texture IIDs, so I'd like to request a texture range.
MD coming soon...

geoffhaw

@ isii94, your range is 0xF8280000 to 0xF82BFFFF

jmelvin

I don't know if anyone has run into this before. I asked for and received a texture range quite some time ago. I was working to create a new set of farming related textures. The very first texture in my set started with XXX00000 where XXX are the leading hex digits for my assigned range. I ended up with 220+ textures many of which have multiple 'versions' created using MultiFSH. I used SC4PIM Lot Editor to put together some test lots using my textures. Everything looked good in PIM but when I emptied my plugins folder of everything except my texture DAT file and my test lots I ran into something strange in-game. All tiles of my test lots showed up as using the first texture in my set. I quit my game and took a look at my test lots with ILIVE Reader and saw that every tile in my set of lots had a unique IID for the base textures just as I had thought I set up with the PIM-LE.

I did some experimentation and found out that my lots showed up looking OK in-game if I deleted the 5 FSH files for my first texture. I used SC4Tool to put back a new texture starting with XXX00000 and was back to all of my lots showing only that texture for all tiles. I don't remember seeing anything about not using a texture IID ending in 00000 but I may have missed someone's post to that effect. I took a quick look at several of the commonly used texture DAT files and didn't see where anyone else had a texture ending in 00000.

I know that the first 4 digits of the IID specify the texture family while the 5th digit specifies the wealth level. I didn't think I would have any problems using wealth level 0 for my textures since they are meant to solely be used for Industrial Ag lots where a wealth level is meaningless (as far as I know). And I know that the 8th digit specifies the zoom level where the given FSH gets used. I didn't see any problem with starting my set of textures with one that ends in 00000 but obviously I was wrong.

I'm wondering if this is a known anomaly or something I found through just dumb luck.

I know the the

fantozzi

Good afternoon geoffhaw.

Thank you that you take care of this.

May I have a small ID-Range that I can call my own?

Greetings
Fantozzi

TownMaster2005

Hi Folks

Could I please have a texture range.

Many thanks

mgb204

Hello, I would also like to apply for a texture range please.

catty

Hi Guys

mgb204 asked me over at the prop family index if I knew what was happening with geoffhaw and the Texture Index, so far I have had no luck on this score ... I hoping geoffhaw is OK and real life is just proving difficult to get away from, as most of you know I took over the prop family index a few months ago when we had a similiar situation there.

I don't particular want to take over the texture index as well, but if geoffhaw remains absent then I will consider it.

In the meantime geoffhaw if you are out there can you please pop in and let me know what you want to do re the Index and that you are OK.

-catty
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

geoffhaw

Oh nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know what happened, but I seem to have stopped getting my email alerts for when there are new replies to this topic.  Requests for ranges have slowed down considerably in recent times of course, but I should have realised that something was wrong.  Apologies to all concerned.   &ops

Anyway, to business:

@ fantozzi, your range is 0xF82C0000 to 0xF82FFFFF
@ TownMaster2005, your range is 0xF8300000to 0xF833FFFF
@ mgb204, your range is F8340000to 0xF837FFFF

Double apologies to catty too.  I did receive your PM, but I think I was on holiday at the time and so put off replying.  Then I forgot...

Anyway, anyway...  I'm back, and now that I've replied to this topic, hopefully my email alerts will start working again. 

catty

Quote from: geoffhaw on July 21, 2014, 12:57:08 PM
...Double apologies to catty too...

:thumbsup:

Great to see a post from you, we have been having problems with email alerts not working or only intermittently hopefully you get email alert for this message, but its very hit and miss

-catty
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

mgb204

Thank you so much to both Geoffhaw and Catty for getting this sorted, I hope I never came across as impatient. Very grateful I can now start finalising some stuff which needs these ID's  :).

YouBet

Might I get a texture range assignment?

thanks.

geoffhaw

Woohoo!  The email alert is working again! 

@ YouBet, your range is 0xF8380000 to 0xF83BFFFF

Vlasky

May I please get the range for Base texture?
My Thread - Vlasky going global BATs - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15573.0

geoffhaw

@ Vlasky, your range is 0xF83C0000 to 0xF83FFFFF

nirasa

Hello,

I would also like to apply for a texture range please.

Thanks!

geoffhaw

@ nirasa, your range is 0xF8400000 to 0xF843FFFF

smileymk

I would like to request an IID range of my own, please.

Thanks, Chris

Realistic Cities for Dummies
Step-by-step tutorials on every single aspect of realistic city-building.

FacebookYouTube