• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Provo : We're back! 7/4/14

Started by sunv123, December 16, 2012, 12:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunv123

Kingston-Harkinsville Metro Area International Airport

Welcome to the Kingston-Harkinsville Metro Area International Airport! The Kingston-Harkinsville Metro Area is located not far from the Robinsim City limits, only 40 miles away and is the 2nd largest Metropolitan area after the Caspen-Wikinson-Noaming Metro Area, also known as CWN. Kingston is the Main city in the Metro, with 337,834 residents and Harkinsville with a big 196,032 residents. There are also some small suburban towns including Jasmin, Benson and Watercrest. They are all under 16,00 residents. The airport is actually located in Harkinsville, where land is 8% cheaper than Kingston. Also, more land is available in Harkinsville, as Harkinsville is still a developing city jump-started with a high tech boom in the 1950s. The downtown is filled with modern buildings and offices, but we'll visit that a little later. ;) Now, who wants to go to the airport?

We'll start off with an overview on what we are visiting toady, a drab, generic airport that is screaming for renovation, but the money needed is still not available.

Night shots just because. ;)

We move to the regional jet and propelled plane area, where you can get cheap flights to Robinsim for just $30 dollars round-trip. What a deal! ::)

And heh, night shots are fun! Moving on the the upper concourse.

Masingham Electromagnetics has it's headquarters in Harkinsville and a Major Research centers in Belgium, Sweden, Finland and many more dotted across the European Union. They like Europe. :D Managers and bosses have meetings in Harkinsville, making air travel necessary for these officials. Then there is the fact with HM Financial Services, with  a corpoate center in Hong Kong..... Ah, you get the point. :P They need big planes. Delta is the main carrier here, this 777 is leaving for Toronto, Canada.

Ah! A 787 leaving for Tokyo, where it will then transition to Hong Kong.

United also makes some International Flights from here, this 777 going to Amsterdam.

Here we go to the Parking garage, where parking is only $3.25 per day.

There is a Cargo area, where FedEx and UPS deliver mail and goods from nearby Robinsim and Parkins.

Don't see many MD-11s anymore, do you?

Caught a 767 Landing.

This Embraer-190 is about to take off, just waiting for the light to turn green.

An overview of the airport at night from a different angle.

Hope you enjoyed this update! Robinsim is nearing Completion!

Replies

Quote from: metarvo on January 19, 2013, 07:22:29 PM
Having some beaches is always a plus in a coastal setting IMHO.  Yours looks especially inviting, even though I'm more the cold-weather type.  On that note, you've used the snow effect well in the weather updates.  I haven't gotten around to using the weather mod yet, although I have downloaded it.

I don't see too many Wal-Marts in MDs, so it's refreshing to see one here.  In my area, the popular definition of a city or neighborhood as big or small depends on the presence or absence of several businesses, with Wal-Mart being the main one.
Thanks, Metarvo! Beaches sure area big plus when it comes to seafronts, they attract lots of people.

Yeah, i don't see Wal-Marts very often, they look great, but people seem to not use them. In america, without Wal-Marts, a town wouldn't really be called a town.

Quote from: MTT9 on January 19, 2013, 10:20:06 PM
Now thats a snow storm! Love the first pic from the previews update. Should definitely visit your MD more often :)
Thanks, Matt! I'm glad that you liked it and hope to see you again! ;D

Quote from: Schulmanator on January 20, 2013, 05:54:53 AM
Awesome! Now I feel like nestling somewhere with hot chocolate!
Thanks, Bruce! Hot Chocolate would be nice!

Quote from: Dantes on January 20, 2013, 07:22:02 AM
At the sight of the pictures I will be very cold. Great pictures with the new Mod.
Thanks, so much! :3 I'll PM a sweater if you need it!

Quote from: noahclem on January 20, 2013, 08:02:26 AM
Great work with the weather effects  &apls  The snow in particular looks great  :thumbsup:
Thanks, Noah! The snow does look pretty nice! ;D

Thanks for Visiting! Next time, you will see something big!
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

nbvc

Dantes

sunv123

Teaser

Seems like Simcity is acting strange on me, making random CTDs when you don't expect it to. I'll have to find a way to fix this. In the meantime, here's a little pic that I somehow snapped. Suburbs, anyone?

jmyers2043

Ah, nice suburban shot.  ::)   :D 

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Kergelen

Good work with the cargo area.

Try to solve the CTD with this instructions. It work for me :thumbsup:

Links to SC4 websites

sim_link

Great work - the trees in the developed areas look awesome. ;D

noahclem

Great work on the suburban shot  &apls  It turned out just about perfect. Nice airport work as well  :thumbsup:

sunv123

Hi guys.... just doing some replies, not much time for an update. :P Got the Ice and Sleet all over the ground, which is making it extremely hard to get to the supermarket for food. %wrd Plus, to be safe on the highway, you need to go 15 MPH, and when you try to get places... not fun. Plus, I feel a little bored of SC4 once in a while and the past two days have been the same. Still, surprises are coming, I'm telling ya.

Replies

Quote from: nbvc on January 21, 2013, 01:01:35 PM
Nice airport. &apls
Thanks, nbvc!
Quote from: Dantes on January 21, 2013, 01:08:55 PM
I like this modern and compact airport. Good work ^^ô
Thanks, Dantes! Glad you like it! ;D

Quote from: jmyers2043 on January 22, 2013, 01:06:11 PM
Ah, nice suburban shot.  ::)   :D 

- Jim

Thanks, Jim! Just doing some work... $%#Ninj2

Quote from: Kergelen on January 22, 2013, 01:58:15 PM
Good work with the cargo area.

Try to solve the CTD with this instructions. It work for me :thumbsup:
Thanks, Kergelen! Thanks for the info too, helps alot!

Quote from: sim_link on January 22, 2013, 03:50:49 PM
Great work - the trees in the developed areas look awesome. ;D
Thanks, sim_link! Glad you liked it.

Quote from: noahclem on January 22, 2013, 03:56:12 PM
Great work on the suburban shot  &apls  It turned out just about perfect. Nice airport work as well  :thumbsup:
Thanks Noah! :)

Just one last word to you guys, I'm am so sad today, took away my chance to make an update. One of the great content creators for SC4 has passed away, Dr. Peter Rorlach (DocRorlach) and I am missing him. My condolences to his family and friends, as January has been hard for them. You're not alone, we miss you.

-Victor

Swordmaster

If you're bored, do something new. There's so many possibilities it'll take me a lifetime to get bored of it.

Nice airport, I get the impression you know what you're doing there. Last pic is fine, too.

Cheers
Willy

sunv123

What the H*** is going on, is this like a bug or something???????

I had just exited from my region and this scary-looking thin came across my region and I'm scared that it's a big bug and that I'll never put the finishing touches on Robinsim or my plans. :'( Here's a few snap-shot of the scary-looking thing. (No Photoshop used, trust me. Not joking AT ALL.) This came across my region.

If you guys have any information on this, tell me. Please.

-Victor

art128

reload the game?

Sometime when you minimize the game ( to go on the desktop) for a long time on the region view a lots of clouds appear.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Swordmaster

Call it the San Francisco effect :D

I had this happen when alt-tabbing out of fullscreen mode. After a while it should go away. Does it persist when entering/exiting a city?

Cheers
Willy

sunv123

Yay.... It's coming again. &sly

I'll try both of your suggestions after I exit out of the game for the second time. &sly

I'll keep trying.

-Victor

EDIT: Seems like it will go away when you enter a tile and then exit, but now we have another problem on our hands, Blunder's tree controller keeps on going away, as in one day it works, then the other it goes back to the maxis one. I think i'll contact Blunder (epicblunder) about it.

Swordmaster

Aha, I had that same problem when I made my controller. This is blunder's problem, not yours. I have to think about how I fixed this, if he doesn't know it already of course.

Cheers
Willy

sunv123

I've contacted Blunder and now I just have to wait for him to respond. ;)

This may take a while. :P But until then, i'll just have to scrape up something to show you guys. ;)

vortext

Blunders controller blocks maxis flora, I know for a fact (as I provided the files ;)) so it's likely some other controller or mmp loads after his controller. Did you check for plugins loading order?
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

sunv123

Sorry for the late reply, but the only other tree mod that I have is the SFBT Tree replacement mod and that's it, could that be a problem?

vortext

After a quick peek at the files I think SFBTs mod may be the culprit indeed. Try removing SFBT_Maxis_God_Flora_Mod_CP.dat and see if that fixes it.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

sunv123

Yep, that little mod was the culprit after all, thanks so much vortext!