• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Jesters Table

Started by Diggis, June 11, 2010, 02:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

threestooges

And so it is that, for the second time in a row if I recall, the US is knocked out by Ghana.

Phooey...

Oh well, there's always next time.

Myself.or.?

Somehow I could almost feel sorry for England  $%Grinno$%.
Germany couldn't just beat them, but had to give'em their worst World Cup thrashing ever  ()stsfd().
And whilst at it even the long awaited revenge for '66 came along  :P :D.

:-\
The new SimCity4 Multiplayer. Interactive and in Multicolor.

http://www.simcitymultiplayer.com/forum.php
Join the Game NOW. Become a part of the Future.

smileymk

Oh, don't even get me started about England, 4-1 against our arch rivals is just amateur. My local team (who play in the 3rd division of English football) could have done better than that.
We need Harry Redknapp as manager, a £5,000-per-week salary cap (it works in other sports), and a quota of English players in squads, and we need them NOW!

And WHY Sepp Blatter won't introduce goal-line technology is beyond me. He was there in Bloemfontein, he saw Lampard's goal that wan't given, and he should be embarrased! Those 'extra officials' he introduced for the UEFA Cup did nothing, and served no purpose. But no, he'll stick with how it is now, he only cares about money, and he'll use this result as an excuse as 'it wouldn't have made any difference'. It was 2-1! We probably would have won if that was given!

I'm sorry for my little bad-tempered rant, but, well, you haven't seen your team get absolutely humiliated and made to look like rank amateurs. (Unless you're Australia, but you guys shouldn't have had Cahill sent off.)

Realistic Cities for Dummies
Step-by-step tutorials on every single aspect of realistic city-building.

FacebookYouTube

Myself.or.?

Quote from: smileymk on June 27, 2010, 10:15:06 AM
Oh, don't even get me started about England, 4-1 against our arch rivals is just amateur.

I'm sorry for my little bad-tempered rant, but, well, you haven't seen your team get absolutely humiliated and made to look like rank amateurs. (Unless you're Australia, but you guys shouldn't have had Cahill sent off.)

No, it's not amateur  $%Grinno$%. It's called English Football  ;).

Sorry, but I don't think you guys got humiliated  ()what(). The team was just shown it's proper place  :P.

And as for the 'goal'. It simply couldn't have happened in any other match, it had to happen between those two.

EDIT: Just happened in Argentina-Mexico, only the other way 'round :thumbsdown:  &ops.

Nardo69

England Went Home!

What a great game! And the goal, well:

1966: no goal given
2010: goal, not given

So it's one time goal and one time not a goal, one time given and one time not, seems to be everything got egalized in the long run.

And say what you want, Germany's four goals were all just superb! ;)

Connor

The decision not to give Lampards goal was so frustrating, and had that made it 2-2 the second half would have been very different. However, we still had about 50 more minutes to score another goal and we couldn't. Germany scored 4, which may have flattered them slighlty, but as much as I hate to say it GErmany were by far the much better team and clearly deserved to go through.

England have been poor throughout the tournament. The injuries (Beckham, Ferdinand, King etc) didnt help but we cannot use that as an excuse. I think Fabio Capello's 23 man squad selection was surprising (Darren Bent scored over 20 premier league goals this season but does not even get in the squad??). Plus, his team selections in every game was bizzare and his tactics just as bizarre as the starting 11. Gerrard is NOT a left winger. And why bring Heskey on when we need to SCORE. Heskey only had 8 shots on target in the Premier League this season.

At the end of the day, we're out. Poor management, poor performances, and inflated expectations have lead to a VERY dissappointing world cup.

---

As for bringing technology into the game I'm undecided. Technology would make the game fair and faultless, but football would be much less interesting if we couldn't debate decisions and moan at referees.

Nardo69

@Connor: I agree with technology. Think of what would have happened if Germany and England weren't discussing 44 years about Hurst's (not made) goal.

And that's the thing of k.o. - matches: Heaven and Hell just next to each other ... that's why they are so emotional and great! (especially if Germany wins ...  :D ) ;)

TmiguelT

Quote from: Diggis on June 26, 2010, 02:39:53 PM
Well, that's the pool play over. Italy and France have gone home, England and Spain cut it fine.  Attached is the updated scorecard so you can see how you are doing.

TmiguelT still has the lead with 25 with Mrtnrln close behind on 24 and 4 others chasing on 22.

Still on the top? wow !!  :o ... I still can't believe it ... this is like England's goal that wasn't made valid ..  $%Grinno$%

smileymk

Argentina v Mexico... another game ruined by the lack of technology. The whole world could see that Tevez was offside, for goodness sake.
I guarantee that we will get another incident like this in the final, and when it happens, I for one will fully support the affected team, regardless of what they do to Sepp Blatter, and all of his money-loving minions at FIFA.

And Nardo, can I just point out that you beat a very poor England side. Argentina are title contenders, and won't let you have it your way.
Prepare to get found out, like we were by your side.

Realistic Cities for Dummies
Step-by-step tutorials on every single aspect of realistic city-building.

FacebookYouTube

Myself.or.?

Unfortunately your right, it's getting too much.
The Lampard (non)goal was ok, not because it helped Germany but stuff like that is just part of the history between the two.
Apart from that, this World Cup is being ruined by referee decisions. Don't like it at all, could almost look like part of a bigger picture... (Germany-Argentina certainly will sell better than England-Mexico  ()what() ).

On a last thought, probably your right even there. Argentina is bound for the final, Germany for the Airport  :'(.

MandelSoft

... Twas the day of the failing referees...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Diggis

Hup holland, Hup Hup! 

MandelSoft

Hurray! We made it to de semifinals quaterfinals (thanks for correcting me, Casper)! Now we just have to beat Brazil or Chile...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

CasperVg

Semifinals already? How about the quarterfinals?  ::)
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Gilikov1994

finaly, I hope the Netherlands will win against Chili or Brazil.. :)

HOLLAND!!
Check out my LOT thread, and also the EBLTeam!

==> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=10509.msg318190#new <==

Nardo69

as long as they finally loose against Germany ...  :P

Getron

If Germany reach the Final  ;).  They need to beat Diego Armando Maradona and his boys.  :P

Go Argentina  :D

Diggis

Well, what an exciting 2nd round.  Bye Bye England, Slovakia, Japan, Portugal, Korea, USA, Chile and Mexico.

The bonus points helped a few players, including getting Tooheys into Double digits and changing the lead!

Conner now leads with 36 ahead of TmiguelT on 34 and Mrtnrln and TheTeaCat on 32!

Still time for the lead to change a few times :)

WC_EEND

looks like I did better than expected in my guessing ()stsfd()

PS: go Germany &apls
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

tooheys

As you know we have been setting our deadlines by polls. In this regard, I'm asking for your input for a suitable poll for the quarter final selections.
It can be serious, funny or a combination, but must be in good taste and world cup related.

You have twelve hours otherwise I will post one myself. First one to PM me with a suitable question with answers will have their poll added.

Let's see what you can come up with.

Cheers Dave

PS Woohoo, double figures  ::)

Poll in place - contributed by smileymk  :thumbsup: The rest of you will have a chance to contribute polls for the semi's and final down the track