• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Badsim's testing ground .

Started by Badsim, October 01, 2009, 04:07:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Earth quake

WOW.  :o
This simply awesome. &apls &apls
Wonderfull work at the lot.

Badsim

Hi ,

Firstly , I want to thank everybody who sent that pictures to the HoF , I think that there was a misunderstanding about what I said to present it . It wasn't a picture from the T.W. Team but for the T.W. Team , just to thank & encourage members of that informal team ... and get a larger audience to the project . Anyhow, I think it's done . ::)

I'm working with dozens of pictures and can't post them all ... but this is the one which inspired me the most for « Port des Tuileries » :

Yann , have to say that it would have been less embarrassing to lose against you than against anyone else , as I'm one the most fervent admirer of your work . :thumbsup:

I recieved the new Concorde props from Vincent , HD and with exact angles that time ... Thank you Vincent . &apls

Waiting for many works from the team to progress along Le Louvre or to start the LotEditing of Place de la Concorde , I decided to start to work about Place de La Madeleine . Just two pics about what is just a preliminary work , to delimit what is possible or not .

As always , many problems to solve ... ;D

j-dub : Firstly I'm glad to see you there . I would have liked to try a Mod like one of yours , but this file is locked :

I don't like to ask but I wonder if you wouldn't be interested in making a special Mod for this project , using that kind of textures from Youcef (made especially for that project) :

Not precisely that one ; don't look at the width but the paved texture itself . The other purpose of a Mod for avenues would be to remove all median stuff on them ... to get a closer looking to real parisian avenues  . Just a thought ...   ::)

Later . ;)

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

MandelSoft

I'm following the development of this project for a while, and it keeps on looking better and better every day! Keep on going!
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

djvandrake

Just amazing work.  &apls  It's incredible how accurately you're able to recreate the real city, and what a city!  :thumbsup:

Earth quake

It's a awesome work Cédric. &apls
The first pictures is really amazing. :o

kbieniu7

Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Une_ame

I'm always surprised by the accuracy of your creation &apls!!

Vincent props are  :o!!!
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

Badsim

Hi ,

I think I'm going to become totally crazy with that project , if nobody stops me !  ::)

No great and clean views that time , but some pics of the work in progress :
Eglise de la Madeleine' s Lot deconstrustion before reconstruction ... being able so to be more accurate than I previously thought . ;D

Well , that's not a question of vanity but I would defy whomsoever to reproduce the triangular square on the left , from the situation on the right !  $%Grinno$%

Of course , the avenue & the road are fully functional ...

And , finally , a global view of my testing ground , working at the same time with LE , Google StreetView and previous pictures ...

Hope you really understand what I'm doing , torturing SC4 untill its endurance limits . Not sure yet . ::)

Thanks for your comments . :thumbsup:

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Orange_o_

Quote from: Badsim on October 30, 2009, 04:33:38 AM

Well , that's not a question of vanity but I would defy whomsoever to reproduce the triangular square on the left , from the situation on the right !

I'm not even gonna try  $%Grinno$%

&apls &apls &apls

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

rooker1

Wow Cedric,
I don't want anyone to stop you.  I want to see happens to Cedric when he goes crazy.  Your work must get even more incredible.  ;)
Silly me, but that last screenie you have showed us has opened my eyes a little.  I never thought of taking an ingame pic and displaying it next to the LE program.  Sometimes the easiest things can be over looked and that is exactly what I have doen all these years. ::) Just goes to prove that you can teach an old dog a new trick.  Thanks.
I'm glad that you have change the layout of the roads infront of that one green roofed building, sorry I don't remember it's name.  But even with this change, I wonder if you could use 3 tiles worth of avenue across and than go diagonally south.  If this doesn't make sense to you, I'll try it out later and post a pic of what I mean.  ;)

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Youcefk69

I love it ! Do you want some parking props and textures ? Like mine :
( 2 circles in this pictures, at left and right)

kelis

One pic of this summer, the madeleine is a espectacular building !

.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

djvandrake

Quote from: Orange_o_ on October 30, 2009, 05:54:28 AM
I'm not even gonna try  $%Grinno$%

&apls &apls &apls

^^^ My feeling as well.  $%Grinno$%  I've tried a few diagonal lots with TE avenues and such, and know how hard they are.  This is really fantastic work.  &apls  You continue to raise the bar to a new level.

May I ask what the name of this prop is?

That is a very realisitc looking auto barrier, and it's much better than anything else I've found to date.

Earth quake

Wow, wonderful recreation of the "place de la Madelaine". :thumbsup:

metarvo

Once again, you have shown some top-grade lots.  I can see why your picture made it to the HoF.  :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Sciurus

Just wonderful you can doing with l'église de La Madeleine! :o

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Air6

iamgoingtoeatyou

I don't even know how you think of doing these lots! Amazing job!!!  :o

Badsim

Thanks for your comments . :thumbsup:  ( Hey , Iamgointoeatyou welcome back , hope to see you there more often . :) )

Full update coming soon , the Place de la Madeleine is finished ...

...but I'm still working on blocks around , adding little details like that , using for the very first time some props from Maxime (Citymax) :

Thanks , Kelis , for that interesting back side of Eglise de La Madeleine 's photography . I'm searching for little details like that artistic exposition ( the head ) , as they make the difference . I've found one as prop from Deadwoods (That's what happens when I go crazy , Robin.) ... so that picture is dedicated to you . If you think you have some others interesting pictures , you can post them as well - not all in once , but a few when they'll correspond to the area I'm working on . :thumbsup:

Quote from: rooker1 on October 30, 2009, 06:00:44 AM

Silly me, but that last screenie you have showed us has opened my eyes a little.  I never thought of taking an ingame pic and displaying it next to the LE program.  Sometimes the easiest things can be over looked and that is exactly what I have doen all these years. ::) Just goes to prove that you can teach an old dog a new trick.  

Do not worry about that , Robin , you're not the only one ! I've just discovered  -  l mean « last week » -  a new revolutionary LotEditing method with which the possibilities seem endless ... I'll keep it for myself for the time being , I'll write a tutorial later in french , then , surely , I'll ask for someone to translate it . All I can say is that from now , I'm free from rules like the number of props per Lot , LotEditing diagonals ( no need of offset props) , Transit Enabling ( useless ) and so on  . There isn't anymore any single corner of any tile that I can't touch . I would say that it's the exploitation of a SC4 flaw ... and ,of course , it can be apply only for our own use .
I tried many way to drag the avenue and roads ( one-ways ) layout in front of Eglise de la Madeleine , and trust me : this is really the most satisfying . ::)

Dane : This prop is coming from a prop pack released by Maxime (Citymax) for this project . Link : http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2246
I could give you the exact name of this prop , but I prefer to advise you about a method you should apply with any new prop pack  you're downloading . Unzip it in a virgin Plugin folder then check it with LE and create immediately a « test » Lot ( if there isn't already one coming with )  with all these new props . Create a new folder out your Plugin folder with all these « test » Lots , so you can transfer them in or out your Plugins , depending if you're LotEditing or playing the game . That inventory work is absolutely necessary , as we can't remember all props names , to save some of our precious time . ;D

Youcef , indeed this prop and texture are something I would like to try . Notably along the Rue Royale ( next area I'm going to work on ) between Place de la Madeleine and Place de la Concorde . So you can send me them using my email adress . Thank you very much ! :thumbsup:

As already said , a lot of pictures coming soon .... ;D

Cedric .

Yan077

this is terrifying, nothing is missing,  :o the props of citymax are ultra-realistic ....once again I'm speechless...

&apls &apls &apls