• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Monkey Island

Started by Schulmanator, July 23, 2007, 04:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schulmanator

TheTeaCat   Thanks for coming by. I am glad you enjoyed this edition of Monkey Island! Most monkeys are well mannered and dispose of their peels appropriately. I suppose if a monkey is littering, he would be brought to King C. George on those charges. That pot of tea was tea-riffic! Let's do this again next update as well!  :party:

See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Schulmanator

See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Krio

This MD is almost as good as Schulmania, but loses because no cats  $%Grinno$% I can feel the Caribbean winds when looking the pics and humour is excellent  :thumbsup:

Schulmanator

Bengt    Thanks for coming by. I am glad you like Monkey Island thus far. Perhaps we could also work on some of your new lots with banana and monkey themed billboards and such? They would be featured prominently on Monkey Island!

Krio

No problem. At the moment I try finish Helsinki City Hall and Sokos Hakaniemi, but after that I've only airport stuff to make and one W2W building for hotdogs so I could do other version of it with banana-billboard  ;)

dedgren

Bruce, this stuff is addictive.  I've been a lurker of late, but I'll note again that when I'm finally off to the great beyond, you inherit my share of our common muse.  Not that you'll need it, mind you...

What'd Emil say- steep slopes and bad jokes?  Sounds like a winning combo to me.

David

p.s.- 10 stars- problem is only five show up at a time.  -DE
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Patriots1228

BEST. JOURNAL. EVER.

hanging around for more....knowing me i will fall off and get a concussion.

Schulmanator

Officially Certified Monkey Island Update

Brought to you by:

And

Promotional consideration provided by

And now, on to the show!

As one might expect, bananas are the currency of Monkey Island. But, they have found a new role: religious items. Monkeys across the island have taken to worshipping the Golden Banana as their new deity. The Del Monte Temple of the Golden Banana was constructed in the center of King C. George's private banana plantation as a center for pious monkeys, thanks to the generosity of their king.

The Del Monte Temple of the Golden Banana provides a great place for monkeys to gather to celebrate the bounty of the land. Offerings of bananas are gratefully accepted.

The trade with Star Trek Outpost Beta 6, located on a nearby island, brought great new prosperity. Of course, a certain level of bureaucracy was needed to maintain this commerce, so new government offices and training centers were needed.

Monkeys were trained for the complex tasks of the new era. The goal: 1000 monkeys at 1000 typewriters. Soon, they will write the greatest story ever told.

A new governmental complex was built on the cliffs overlooking the great sea. It is a short commute from the palace of King C. George. It features a lovely civic plaza overlooking the water. A monument was erected in honor of the great king who led Monkey Island to greatness! Besides the material wealth, King C. George was also noted for his campaign to resettle retired easter bunnies.

Easter Bunny Resettlement

They had settled on the far end of the island, jealously guarding their baskets of marshmallow candy. The kind king used his personal fortune to give them their own island... Easter Island! To honor him, the rabbits built these George-esque monuments:

The bunnies were known as abstract artists

Let's examine the H. A. Rey Government Center in greater detail.

The King C. George Monument is the centerpiece of Ooh Ooh Ah Ah Ah Ah Plaza. Charming fountains and shrubs provide ambience for admiring the first grand landmark on Monkey Island. In front of the plaza, to the left of the picture, is Mr. Teeny's Technical Institute. To the right is the Bureau of Paperwork & Gorilla Tactics.

Mr. Teeny, President of the Institute

Coming up...

New Retail Brings Happy Ooh-oohs and aah-aahs from the excited populace!

Swing by again soon!

Pat

I really enjoyed this update Schulmanator a defintley a 5 banana Award winning update, cant wait till the next one where you guarenteee i will be swinging back in - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

TheTeaCat

Ooh Ooh Ooh Ooh Ooh Ooh ........just spilled my tea  :'( .
I think it was that banana skin in the corner of the temple. $%Grinno$%

Good job I brought a thermos full with me so that his Highness could join me for a cuppa :D :D
Got some Banoffee pie with me too :thumbsup:

Very nice update &apls
till the next cuppa

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Fledder200

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Life is too short to wear bad clothes...and ugly shoes!

thundercrack83

MR. TEENY! I love it! A magnificent update in a magnificent MD!

Patriots1228

Mr. Teeeeenyyyy!!!! my hero!!!!! he was just on the simpsons yesterday!

This rocks  &apls

bat

Wonderful update! Great looking pictures of these bananas/ monkeys! :thumbsup:

Jmouse

Nice update. The king's monument is lovely but it needs a Dairy Queen nearby which specializes in banana splits. And the government center is very apropos what with all those ledges to swing from.

Until the next banana...
Joan

Schulmanator

Bengt   Thanks for coming by.  Monkey Island would be delighted to showcase a Bengt/Krio original!  ()stsfd()

dedgren   Thanks for popping out of lurk mode. I like Monkey Island. I don't have to paint over the cars in every pic... what a time saver! And, thanks for including me in your will. Ill take good care of that muse! Ya know, BTW, we have more in common that you realize...

patriots1228   Thanks! But don't fall off hanging around! After all, have you seen the state of medical care in Monkey Island? Other than a Lucky Monkey ™ bandage, who knows if you would get anything else. Hold on tight to those branches!  ;D

patfirefghtr   Glad you decided to swing by! The bananas are golden ripe and ready to chomp! A 5 banana award??! I am honored!  Should I frame it? Should I eat it? Should I frame it? Should I eat it? Should I frame it? Should I eat it? Ummmmmm, that was gooood!!!   :satisfied:

TheTeaCat   Oops! You spilled your tea! Sorry about that. Send the cleaning bill to King C. George. He'll settle it with a bunch of 24K bananas! Glad you liked the update. Be sure to swing by again soon!  ;)

Fledder200   Monkey Island loves you too! Perhaps you could carve some wooden banana holders and designer monkey paw shoes?  $%#Ninj2

thundercrack83   lol! Glad you liked it. I just HAD to use Mr. Teeny! I mean, how could I not? More monkey business ahead – so swing by again soon!

Patriots1228   I had to use Mr. Teeny. And maybe later when Homer was King Kong. Oops, was that a leak of classified info? Ummm, pretend you didn't see that.

bat   Always glad to see you visiting! Swing by anytime – I have a vine with your name on it. Monkey Island welcomes you!

Jmouse      Dairy Queen!!! YES!! The banana split!  I KNEW something was missing! You are a genius! Now to start planning something "cool" for Monkey Island.....

Jmouse

FUN! That's what it's all about, and you're top banana in that department!  :thumbsup:

Until next time...
Joan

ryalmighty1

Easily one of the most entertaining and imaginative MD's in the entire SC4 community! Loved Shulmania, but this is pure genius!!!
There is no end.
There is no beginning.
There is only the infinite passion of life.

-Federico Fellini

emilin

This...

Quote from: Schulmanator on August 19, 2007, 04:22:47 PM

The bunnies were known as abstract artists

...might very well be the funniest thing ever posted on this site. Brilliant, I tell you, brilliant! &hlp

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine