• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM: Development

Started by memo, April 29, 2007, 06:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swamper77

It can be done, once the textures/models for the ramps are done. No one can do anything when they don't have access to said textures/models, though :(

-Swamper77
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

thundercrack83

These intersections would be great additions to the next NAM! Excellent find, packerfan386!

packerfan386

thanks for the responses  :thumbsup:
I have another &idea... Realistic railroad crossing (heavy rail) markings "$Deal"$

Zaphod

War Kittens !?

Swamper77

Packer Fan,

There is only one problem with making realistic marking setups like that for the game: You would have to leave a lot of room between the crossing and any curves, intersections, or other roadway alignments for them to appear properly. The game only has one tile ID for each of the railroad crossings involving the railroad and road networks. So, I cannot specify how the markings will appear on the approaching roadways. You would have only one choice: The road would have to be straight and completely FLAT as it approaches the crossings.

I'm not trying to shoot down your ideas. I'm just saying that SimCity 4 is not setup for realism because it is a simulator. Some areas, we can make more realistic and more like the real world. This is not one of them. The best I can do for these railroad crossings, is have an offset rendered round "RXR" sign that faces traffic as they approach the crossings. It would be offset by 8 meters, meaning it would appear in the middle of the tile that is just before the crossing.

-Swamper77
Pagan and Proud!

xmike1991

how about an Elevated rail over road 90 degree turn. like the ones in chicago or new york or something. thatd be easier to put them in city centres.

thundercrack83

packerfan386: If you don't mind my asking, where are you getting these intersection images from? Is it a website? I'd be interested in looking at some of them, just for my own curiosity. Thanks!

Swamper77

I suspect that Packer Fan got them from one of the federal sites, probably this one: http://mutcd.fhwa.dot.gov/index.htm.

-Swamper77
Pagan and Proud!

Andreas

If anyone wants to create a station for the GLR-in-Avenue puzzle pieces: I've just posted a detailed tutorial on how to mod these stations: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1874.msg55398#msg55398 :)
Andreas

thundercrack83

Quote from: Swamper77 on July 30, 2007, 12:21:44 PM
I suspect that Packer Fan got them from one of the federal sites, probably this one: http://mutcd.fhwa.dot.gov/index.htm.

-Swamper77

Thanks, Jan!

jeronij

Quote from: Andreas on July 30, 2007, 02:36:25 PM
If anyone wants to create a station for the GLR-in-Avenue puzzle pieces: I've just posted a detailed tutorial on how to mod these stations: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1874.msg55398#msg55398 :)

Thanks a lot for this one  :thumbsup:

Is really professional, and very useful. Thanks for making the tutorials section even more interesting  ;D ¡¡¡
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

dragonshardz

Can someone tell me what is available now?

thundercrack83

Quote from: dragonshardz on August 03, 2007, 09:28:28 PM
Can someone tell me what is available now?

You're probably going to have to be a bit more specific, my friend. If you mean which version of the NAM, the most current one is June 2007. If you're looking for something more specific, let us know and someone will get you what you need!

Jonathan

I am going to (try) make draggable Ground HSR, using the Starter Piece method.  I Am also giong to have a go at making High Speed Rail seperate from Monorail again using the Starter piece method.

As I posted at ST:
I have done the Ground HSR starter piece , the orth RULs, the curves RULs, and nearly finished the diagonal RULs, but I am having trouble getting rid of the shadows and pylons.I have started on the HSR but don't know how to change the pylons.

Emperor Stormont

I would love to have HSR at ground level.

I stopped using HSR a while ago and this would make me use it again, all the vest best of luck with this project.  &apls

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

Gaston

HSR at ground level is a good idea, I suppose.    There is so much new stuff out there right now I'm not sure how much interest it is gonna generate.    I think there is alot of developement going on for existing stuff.    You might wanna start your own thread about it though.   Just so you can get people who are really interested in it.   (Just a suggestion)   I would deffinately check out a thread with the name like:
"GHSR - Ground High Speed Rail...   FAST and LOW is the way to go.        %confuso

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

dragonshardz

I'm just asking if there is anything close to completion/completed for the NAM that i might want to keep an eye out for.

jplumbley

@Dragonshardz  There is no set release dates for any new features in NAM.  I can tell you though that progress is being made on all fronts and specifically for my projects, SAM is the closest to a "BETA Release"  but that is still about 4 weeks or more away depending on how RLS treats me aswell as other people that are helping me with critical parts to the release.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Jonathan

GHSR
I have edited the RULs so GHSR is independant of the main HSR modd, although I still have to modd the maxis monorail to make the GHSR less "fragile".
I need help with removing the plyons and shadows, as far as I can see it's possible, but then I might not be able to see very far. If anyone knows how do this or where to get such infomation, it would speed things up. Also after i have removed the shadows and pylons I will post some images and see what people think.

Jonathan

GHSR
I Need help with Paths I have put the file in the dat with same IID, and the right GID, but when I go in game the paths don't work. Can someone help me I can post more infomation but I don't what infomation to post.