• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM: Development

Started by memo, April 29, 2007, 06:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

metarvo

Good work!  :thumbsup:  This will save a little space, and it will be good to have overpasses over the NWM.  Maybe there should be no release date of any kind this time, since it caused a rush last time.  Just my §0.02.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

RepublicMaster

Great work to finally have NWM overpasses! :D

Tarkus

Quote from: metarvo on August 08, 2013, 09:28:10 AM
Maybe there should be no release date of any kind this time, since it caused a rush last time.

The release date was a one-time thing under special circumstances, and I think it definitively proved why you don't do release dates for the NAM.  We're not going there again. :D

-Alex

RepublicMaster

Great work! Good to finally see NWM compatibility. :)

Tarkus

Thanks, RepublicMaster! :thumbsup:

And now that the NWM stuff's in place, it's time for the RHW side of things:

-Alex

Wiimeiser

Now looking forward to the FlexRamps...
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

memo

gn_leugim

you are working fast ein? maybe too fast, you should take some time to sleep aswell ;)  :P

Tarkus

Thanks, everyone, for the support! :thumbsup:

Quote from: gn_leugim on August 13, 2013, 11:11:22 AM
you are working fast ein? maybe too fast, you should take some time to sleep aswell ;)  :P

Actually, I'm working what seems to be a bit slower than usual, but "slow" might be relative, particularly after the breakneck pace of the NAM 31.x releases.

Taking things to a new level . . .

With the exception of situations involving dual-networking, the entire ortho over/under setup is basically in place for the L1 Road Viaducts.  I'm trying to decide which direction to go next, either toward the other L1 networks (OWR and AVE--Rail is RRW territory), up to L2 Road, or to covering select diagonal situations.

-Alex

Wiimeiser

Do a few of the diagonals first, to further complete the template for later. Then focus on L1 AVE and OWR, that way we have support for NWM crossings next version. Then do L2 last, the current ploppable pieces, though a bit limited, aren't really broken in any way.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

gn_leugim

well, as an outsider I dont know how much work that takes to do, I only judge by the speed you post these (awesome) pics.

I agree with Wiimeiser, I would go for all the L1 road cases, from where I would have a base to move into other networks and then L2 netws.

Tarkus

Well, development continues on the viaducts.  I got the OXO L1 Road really solid, then got the same amount on the L2 Road solid, and now . . .

-Alex

spot

Awesome work.

Are you planning on creating NWM overpasses too ?

FrankU

Tarkus

Quote from: spot on August 20, 2013, 12:17:30 AM
Awesome work.

Thanks!  :thumbsup:  And to answer your question, yes, absolutely.  That's actually part of the method behind the madness of going draggable.  But the Elevated NWM side of things probably won't happen until after NAM 32. 

-Alex

spot

Quote from: Tarkus on August 20, 2013, 12:25:24 AM
Quote from: spot on August 20, 2013, 12:17:30 AM
Awesome work.

Thanks!  :thumbsup:  And to answer your question, yes, absolutely.  That's actually part of the method behind the madness of going draggable.  But the Elevated NWM side of things probably won't happen until after NAM 32. 

-Alex
Sounds good. I'd rather have what you have made so far than wait for the entire NWM to be ready before releasing everything at once.

Tarkus

Quote from: spot on August 20, 2013, 12:47:45 AM
Sounds good. I'd rather have what you have made so far than wait for the entire NWM to be ready before releasing everything at once.

And having just gone through the marathon 31.x series, the idea of a more modest project is quite appealing right now. :)

This was a particular pain, as I ran into interference from the Avenue Turning Lanes.  They put up less of a fight than the old automatic Road Turning Lanes, but it still took me awhile to get the two to stop clashing.

And the over-NWM setups are going into place:

-Alex

gn_leugim

that in't modest project, is usefull and very good :D and your work so far looks good :)

Gugu3

Well done Alex!this is gonna be nice!