• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM: Development

Started by memo, April 29, 2007, 06:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haljackey

Quote from: Haljackey on January 05, 2011, 07:50:03 PM
So I was tinkering around until I did this:

Are road-avenue roundabout connectors possible?

Quote from: j-dub on January 05, 2011, 08:38:20 PM
Hmm, wonder how the finished result of that would look, because using those old road to avenue textures for this RHW situation looks like it makes sense, I like how that slant works here, the direct road to center avenue. How exactly would a straight connection work, because even now it seems kind of sharp]

Having the extra tile for the road-avenue transition allows the straight connection to be smoother.
If a piece were to be made without this tile, the curve would indeed be sharp.

Perhaps a puzzle piece could be made for this transition. We already have an additional avenue roundabout piece for avenues junctioning with it at odd angles, so why not make another one allowing for easier turns to and/or from a road?

Just thinking out loud here. If you fiddle around with networks enough in SC4, the results can make you wonder.

Tarkus

Heh, looks like I answered a completely different question. ::) :D  That one I'll have to take a look into.

-Alex

JoeST

Awesome work guys, fantastic stuff even though I dont play anymore >.<
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Blue Lightning

8m ground lifters work very well for 7.5m pieces - my ground lifter and sinker lots have a 8m piece. Modding a 7.5m, due to the nature of the ground lifter lots, is sadly impossible because it only uses a hexadecimal integer value. Besides, 7.5m, 8m, what's the difference? It's not obvious at all.

Haven't tried 0x00078000 (7 ~8/16 -> 7.5)? Positions are handled rather literally in LotConfig XYZ lines, as 0x00080000 is 8.0m, or center of the lot.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

gooper1

Are double-deck bridges possible? I.e. el-rail over road bridge, 2-deck avenue bridge, rail/road 2-deck bridge, etc. (although with the bridges you would have to make double-deck roads and avenues)

That would be awesome.
Also GLR/road bridges (both tram-in and tram-on road)?

-Gooper1
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

Bunny is a friend of weasels. So should you. GO WEASELS GO!

jdenm8

Gooper1:

Look at this thread. Choco has been incommunicado for a while, so I advise against demanding for release or making requests.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

gooper1

Quote from: jdenm8 on January 27, 2011, 05:19:47 PM
Gooper1:

Look at this thread. Choco has been incommunicado for a while, so I advise against demanding for release or making requests.
Thanks!
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

Bunny is a friend of weasels. So should you. GO WEASELS GO!

Tarkus

We are pleased to announce the long-awaited release of the NAM Retexture and Cosmetic Mod (North American Version 1) on the LEX.

You can pick it up here:

Windows
MacOS

Enjoy!

-Alex

Gringamuyloca

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  &apls  &apls

Thank you all!!!  ;D
Tamara

Girafe

thanks to you and the NAM Team  ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

io_bg

Great! Going to try it out now, although I'm a Euro-texture user ;D Speaking of Euro textures, will there be any for this mod?
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

art128

Can't wait the euro one !  &apls
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Tarkus

Quote from: io_bg on February 04, 2011, 01:59:38 PM
Great! Going to try it out now, although I'm a Euro-texture user ;D Speaking of Euro textures, will there be any for this mod?

Short answer: yes. :)

-Alex

Jack_wilds

Thanks guys -NAMTeam, its all good  :thumbsup: really appreciated  :)

superhands

Quote from: Jack_wilds on February 04, 2011, 02:13:35 PM
Thanks guys -NAMTeam, its all good  :thumbsup: really appreciated  :)

no, thank you ()stsfd()

-dave

Tarkus

Quote from: superhands on February 04, 2011, 07:41:20 PM
no, thank you ()stsfd()

-dave

Actually, thank you, Dave, for again working your textural magic and making this mod possible! :thumbsup: 

-Alex

travismking

Fantastic, although I think I will wait for the Euro textures to come out (if they do) as I prefer them :)

Going to install it for a test run and see how they look at least, maybe ill like them. Nevertheless, personal preferences aside, The textures look fantastic and you guys did a GREAT job

JeffCoyote

Quote from: io_bg on February 04, 2011, 01:59:38 PM
Quote from: Tarkus on February 04, 2011, 02:10:40 PM
Short answer: yes. :)

-Alex

keep on waiting for Euro mod ...

Why Europe is still the last in Development progress ?  :'(  :angrymore:
[ joking , not complaining ]

MandelSoft

I believe some things aren't ready for the Euro version, like the Readme, installers and maybe some testing. But trust me, most stuff is done. I've done the Euro version of this mod, which is a bit different compared to SFBT's Euro Textures. Here are some teaser shots and note the differences:

Just giving you the idea ;)

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

io_bg

Awesome! I just love those rounded corners, something I (used to) hate in the original SC4 :P
So, we can expect this mod out pretty soon, right? ::)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November