• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM: Development

Started by memo, April 29, 2007, 06:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diggis

Ahhh, ok. I apologise.

Cosmic

I think a Double-Height El-highway set of pieces would be nice.
Maybe also an el-rail/road double network piece T/+ intersection that only has a straight road going under it, that would be nice, too...

Unfortunately, I can't model or texture for the life of me yet, but I'm willing to try. (I don't really have Photoshop, so I'll probably have to stick with MS Paint.. maybe..) But for now I wouldn't be of much help on making pieces for them.  :-\

Shadow Assassin

Diagonal/orthogonal slip lanes, SC3K style.

Remember how those sorts of intersections automatically created a slip lane in some situations? Well, this is done in SC4... and didn't take me long to do - dipping my toe in the RULs and all.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

RickD

Wow, SA that's great!  &apls
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

MandelSoft

Ooooh, it's reminds me of SC3K! Great, SA :thumbsup:
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

JoeST

you sir, are a GOD!! of RULife... LOL

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

j-dub

Yeah, you would think something better in 3 would have been in 4, but no. Why would they skip out on features in a previous game? (ahem, SimCity Societies) Now if only something could be done about having the right amount of signals for these intersections.

nerdly_dood

MORE TURNING LANES!! Jeez, whaddya tryin' to do, make the game PERFECT???  I like it, can't wait for it to be released!  &apls :thumbsup:
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

thundercrack83

Those look incredible, SA! Absolutely incredible! Is it possible to make them for perpendicular intersections, too?

Cosmic

Awesome! I remember those from SC3k, and IMHO it would make it more realistic (no cars doing a sort of "inverted √" turns where it's like a 225 degree-angle turns [I forget which one it is, obtuse or acute angle, one of those I think]), if y'know what I mean... :D

dragonshardz

They're doing turns which are <90 degrees, which is acute. In fact, I'm pretty sure that turn angle (w/o the slip lanes) is around 45 degrees, which is a hell of a turn to make. Trust me, 90 degree turns are hard enough to get right as it is!

Haljackey

Quote from: mrtnrln on May 09, 2008, 08:50:01 AM
Ooooh, it's reminds me of SC3K! Great, SA :thumbsup:

Yes, I agree.  Nice work once again, SA!

Pat

Daniel that is just wicked cool!!!! OMG WOW!!!!!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

girlfromverona

Wow! That new turning lane looks fantastic!!! &apls

Starmanw402007

I agree with everyone here, the new turning lanes are indeed fantastic SA! Keep Up The Great Work with the project!!
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

Shadow Assassin

QuoteIs it possible to make them for perpendicular intersections, too?

Of course it is! In fact, Jason's working on them. :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

thundercrack83

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on May 09, 2008, 09:13:16 PM
Of course it is! In fact, Jason's working on them. :P

Outstanding! You guys think of everything around here!

kassarc16

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on May 09, 2008, 06:04:11 AM
Diagonal/orthogonal slip lanes, SC3K style.
Remember how those sorts of intersections automatically created a slip lane in some situations? Well, this is done in SC4... and didn't take me long to do - dipping my toe in the RULs and all.

Excellent! Now if we could get a texture and prop redo for those Vanilla intersections, it would be perfect!

Swamper77

Kassarc

Care to exlaborate on that, as to what you have in mind?

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!