• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Art128's BATs

Started by art128, February 20, 2009, 10:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

carlfatal

Amazing, indeed! I particulary love that overpass, something very handy!  &apls

vester

Great work Arthur. Good to see you back batting.  &apls

If I should point at something: The saturation of the red on Tokyo Building 6 and the orange on Nagaoka and Tottori, is a bit to strong. 

reddonquixote

Excellent  &apls

I love Kitayama apartments the best, the curtains give a great effect. All your night lighting is very cool  :thumbsup:
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

Dantes

I am very sad that your treasures are lost. The stations looked great! I love your style. The airport had friends very happy about your diversity.
Your new buildings are an impressive work! Each modern city especially Japanese cities would be happy about it. I find your attention to detail wonderful. Each building has the name of a prefecture. Especially, of course, the Tottori Prefecture. It is an honor that you have given the Overpass my name. *hug* Are you going to the terminal stations create as through stations?

SuperMessi

Amazing Art, cant wait to use them, really nice work

Dantes

Thank you to upload your W2W Buildings.  $%#Ninj2 Well done again!
What is your opinion about this:

I think this is great "small" architecture °Ö°

kelis

Yep, Thanks Arthur for your models, they looks really nice in my city  &apls &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

art128

You're welcome. :)

That's an interesting design. I might try to do something with it... :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

art128

Time to dig this one out.

I've moved myself out of EBLT since the team is basically dead. Out of all the user only Kelis and myself ever go online so I believe it's safe to assume the team is defunct.

In any case now that I've done some progress on my sc4 region enough, I decided to try my hand again at the different buildings I wanted to make since I started BATing, in chronological order.

So the first one to come is the Novotel Front de Seine. This is the first building I wanted to make back when I was only using Gmax.

This tower will be part of my own re-creation (re-imagined) of the Front de Seine area in Paris. I'm not going to make all the towers but only those that catch my interest. (crystal, totem, the chimney etc)
Considering it's an area built on a slab and I want to retain this idea the whole thing is going to be modular for my use. I will not render different version of the same building but at the same time I will try to make it so a single tower can be used alone anywhere else.

I've taken artistic liberties with this building, but the general appearance and shape will remain closely similar to the real building. The slab is sitting at 7.5m high. I will make it so that the lot can be plopped on a slope to allow the terrain to meet the slab.

It currently stands on a 5x5 lot.

I've not applied any textures so far. This is about a week's worth of work. I need to make some more details like lap posts, benches, a staircase coming from under the slab (road) and interior detail of the Hotel lobby and convention center, as well as the tower's roof junk.

------------

A few questions:

HD or SD? I don't mind rendering it in HD my computer can take it. But will it be worth it for the game?

The road. Should I bake it into the building itself, allowing me to use custom lights in the tunnel and stuff, or should I leave it open for the PIMX loting?

------------

I want to finish first all the buildings I've ever started but abandoned in the past. That includes: Tampere station, Fujilatex Building in Tokyo,  Rotterdam harbour village tower, Pavilhão de Portugal in Lisbon and two residential buildings in Paris.  Then after that i will start brand new buildings, I got a long list of stuff I want to make for my region.

I've also finished so far a school (where I spent 9 years) and a Japanese office building. The school is mostly done I just need some more testing, and the office building will be release in packs like the previous buildings I did. Pictures very soon.

Also I want to fix my Tokyo building 1 (the blue 2x2 w2w) which has an S3D bugged. I found a tutorial by Jasconcw but I haven't had the courage to look into it so far.

That's about it I guess.

More to come as I make progress on it.

Props & Texture Catalog

matias93

Wow, really cool!

I guess the size is big enough to justify just an SD rendering, unless some ground-level detailing justifies otherwise.

About the road, I would go for the lot texture only, as it looks perfect for a rail station version too. For the lights, I've seen some authentic magic done with custom lightcones, so I guess it's not losing that much...

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

manga rivotra

It's great news to see you bating again.  :)
Your project also is very interesting : there are few buildings built on slabs in Sim city and the fact that the slab is 7.5 m is very clever.  :thumbsup:
About the road, I agree with Matias93, a simple texture would be welcome for loters.
I will be watching this thread carefully.  :popcorn:

Girafe

I am glad that you managed to solved your issue with 3dsmax and BAT again.
Good luck for this project  &apls &apls &apls
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

gn_leugim

Quote from: art128 on September 05, 2020, 12:38:11 AM

I've moved myself out of EBLT since the team is basically dead. Out of all the user only Kelis and myself ever go online so I believe it's safe to assume the team is defunct.

:crytissue:

I'm joking, totally understandable decision.

Regarding you questions and your BAT, great work so far. If I were you, I would stick to SD and not bake the road texture in. at this size, SD or HD, unless you want to add some tiny details, is not worth it. Also, not having the road gives you more versatility

cheers!

art128

Hello, Thanks for the feedbacks.

SD it is then. I will also not bake the road in the building.

Here are some progress renders.

And why not a candid shot of the roof junk.

---

Also here are pics of the office building and the school I mentioned earlier:

Hirakin Office, based off a real building just outside Okayama. right click, view image for full size

And the school, it's based on where I spent my primary and middle school. Private Catholic school called "la Bruyere Sainte Isabelle" in Paris. Since then they've added some stuff so I tried to keep it as it was when I was there. It's a nice building with interesting stuff going on like the Cafeteria underground, the gym is semi-underground (the big volume in the middle) and there are some more underground rooms (study hour room, library etc)
The middle school is the bigger building, the primary school is the smaller one, which also houses a kindergarten.
The nightlights leak a bit.... But frankly I'm way too lazy to fix it... :D  It's in HD btw.

right click, view image for full size

More to come soon, again.

Props & Texture Catalog

Tyberius06

Wow Art!
It's so amazing that you've returned to BAT some nice stuffs! Looks amazing so far!  :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:  &apls &apls

Keep up the good work!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Krasner

Really amazing stuff  :satisfied:  &apls &apls The red panels on the Novotel look quite fine, but aren't they a little bit reder and darker irl ? I really don't know how to maximize, in 3dsmax, the feel of these painted aluminum panels that almost look like PVC to me, though  ()what()
ANARCHIST !!

gn_leugim

great update, great stuff!  :thumbsup:

kelis

The school looks amazing my friend !! Nice to see you around, I must say  :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

art128

Here are some more progress on the Novotel.

I've finished the tower, slab and conference center with a restaurant on top. All that's left to do is populate the hotel's atrium, add an awning and stuff. And of course make the LODs.

Props & Texture Catalog

art128

Thanks for the likes!

I got a comment on ST regarding the building and slopes. In the way I will be using it, it will not be on a slope but flat ground. My project is to have an area inspired by the Front de Seine in Paris [Wiki]. It will have some of the towers and the commercial center Beaugrenelle from there as well as two buildings from La Defense (Defense 2000 and Les Poissons) The area is built on a slab like that, since that was popular in the 70s.

For the purpose of greater play-ability I decided to make the slab 7.5m high so that if the player wants it can be used on a slope. You can also use it as stand alone like in the pictures as I've put some planters on the edge of the slab.

I have exported the final version of the building. Here are some in-game shots, next to Simfox's RED tower to compare the scale, which I believe for 20 stories is adequate.

Props & Texture Catalog