• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Clip2Pic

Started by Gaston, September 28, 2007, 02:10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaston

Okay I have downloaded Clip2Pic 3 seperate times.   I kept thinking I got a bad copy.   Everything looks fine but nothing happens to the pics.  They still go to the standard album files and are still PNG images.    I have tried everything I can think of to get it to work but nothing seems to do it.       PLEASE   Can someone suggest anything to get this program working?    Or tell me what I am doing wrong at least.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Andreas

I can't help you with Clip2Pic, but you can easily convert any PNG images into JPG with IrfanView. Or just use IrfanView for making screenshots and save them as JPG right away. It's freeware, so just install it, then press "C" and make the necessary settings in the configure dialog for the screenshots. Personally, I disable the cursor, use "F11" as my hotkey, and save the files as JPG with a quality setting of 80%. If you're done, just press "start capture" (or whatever it's called in the English version), fire up the game, and whenever you press the hotkey, a sceenshot is saved in the predefined folder.
Andreas

Ennedi

Gaston,

Maye let's start from the beginning.

1. When I unzipped clip2pic, it created a folder "dist". This folder is showed on a picture below. Do you have this folder and all contents?

2. When I want to start clip2pic, I open (double click) the file "clip2pic". A window appears - see again at the picture.

3. I am in "settings". Here I can choose a destination directory. Did you do it?

4. I can also set an image prefix , it's quality and maximum size. Attention - my picture shows the situation when the program is started. So you see "stop" on the left button. At the first moment you see "Start" on this button and you should click it. Then you can minimalize the window.

5. Every time you want to make a picture, you press PrintScreen key. Clip2pic make a picture and put it into the destination folder (not in "Albums" folder). You don't use "make a picture" tool in game, only PrintScreen.

Did you do everything as I explained?
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Gaston

Quote5. Every time you want to make a picture, you press PrintScreen key. Clip2pic make a picture and put it into the destination folder (not in "Albums" folder). You don't use "make a picture" tool in game, only PrintScreen.
Thank you Ennedi.  This is what I was doing wrong.   I was still using the in game "take snapshot".    &ops

QuoteOr just use IrfanView for making screenshots and save them as JPG right away. It's freeware, so just install it, then press "C" and make the necessary settings in the configure dialog for the screenshots. Personally, I disable the cursor, use "F11" as my hotkey, and save the files as JPG with a quality setting of 80%. If you're done, just press "start capture" (or whatever it's called in the English version), fire up the game, and whenever you press the hotkey, a sceenshot is saved in the predefined folder.
Thanks for the suggestion Andreas.  I have tried this program as well.   I had a great deal of difficulty downloading it.   I had it come up as corrupted a few times and so gave up on trying to download it.   It does sound like a pretty kool program though.

Thanks again for the answers.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

M4346

I have tried, on numerous occasions, to download this from ST, but it doesn't want to download properly. It either times out or is corrupted.

Can anyone tell me if this will be released here on the LEX?  ;D
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Ennedi

Marius,

As for clip2pic, my first download was unsuccessful too. Try again.

And maybe check the Andreas' method: open IrfanView, click Options, then Capture/Screenshot, you will see a window Capture Setup. Exclude mouse cursor. Choose "Save captured image as a file, change (if you want) the file name (although it is useful as is) and the destination directory. You can also change your hotkey.
Then click start, and every time you will press the hotkey, the picture will be saved in your destination folder (as Andreas said :))
I used clip2pic a lot, now I'm experimenting with IrfanView and it works very well for me.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

M4346

Thank you! I'll look into it!  ;D
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

kimcar

I lost the clip2pic tools when i change my computer :'( Can somebody have a link to got it please . No more avalaible at simtropolis. Thanks

wouanagaine

I've cut down some files on my fileden account due to excessive bandwidth usage :(

Until I take time to reupload it on the LEX, you may find Gadwin Printscreen very impressive

Take care

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

kimcar

Thanks my friend for your quick answer . I really appreciate. As for the program, i agree with you . It`s easy to work with and very very nice pics too. thanks again

schm0

Anyone have a working link?
schm0

wouanagaine

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4