• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BAT Showcase

Started by mattb325, February 01, 2007, 04:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simmer2

This building must be where the fat lady sings :D Brilliant, Matt!

Nick

________________________________________________________________________________

911Diva

Great building!  I can hear the aria's now!!!

feyss

Good job with that one!

Quote from: Andreas on May 16, 2018, 10:39:05 AM
@Seaman: Well, the Belgians and their houses... ;)

double-u tee eff is that website ?  :D

Andreas

Want more? Belgians love their houses, Germans love their gardens.

(Sorry for hijacking your thread, Matt, I will stop right now. ;) )
Andreas

feyss

Only Japanese can make nice-looking gardens with gravel  :P

mattb325

Thanks guys

A couple have been uploaded over the last few weeks:

Apt Merdiques

Here...
http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3614

And the Xiangshen Centre L2 Multifunction Transport Hub

Obviously this is an old image from the testing...I just haven't uploaded a new image to the image hosting site  ::)

Here: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3617

Kitsune

I love the description for that station on the lex ! :)
~ NAM Team Member

Simmer2

Matt.

You never cease to amaze me  &apls

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

mattb325

Latest toy....

matias93

Really nice toy indeed  &apls

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

Jack_wilds

a real  :thumbsup:   

its the sort of thing that this city would build for retirement home towers and condos... several of them have sprung up here... why I do not know as many of them are snow birds...

nicely done

:satisfied:

Andreas

Yay for more midrises! :) May I express a small nitpick, though? While those little terraces that are cut into the roof look pretty neat, they don't make much sense, since the usable space under the roof part is pretty much nonexistant. There might be some spiral staircase going up from the apartments one floor below, but it seems that two apartments that are side by side need to share that window directly under the ridge of the roof somehow?!
Andreas

mattb325

Quote from: Andreas on June 06, 2018, 03:40:28 PM
Yay for more midrises! :) May I express a small nitpick, though? While those little terraces that are cut into the roof look pretty neat, they don't make much sense, since the usable space under the roof part is pretty much nonexistant. There might be some spiral staircase going up from the apartments one floor below, but it seems that two apartments that are side by side need to share that window directly under the ridge of the roof somehow?!

()what()

The minimum floor height of the roof space is 4.8m between the two sets of sliding doors which is the same as the floors below it.

The width of the upper room is 4.8m wide by 9m between the two terraces, and is a dual-aspect living/kitchen area for the penthouse. this would make a very lovely, airy room indeed....you'll have to take my word for it, but you can use the cars in the picture as a guide to verify that measurement that I've quoted.

I don't know why you would think two apartments would share that space when there is a single window under the central apex of each of the roof gables (One would never see a dividing wall between apartments that dissects a window, unless it is truly shoddy).  The lower terraces are a dual aspect master suite for the same penthouse (6m wide by 8m long).

Also, I have absolutely no idea how you would purport a circular staircase from the picture.

I suggest looking at the following:

The yellow indicates the boundary of the penthouse.

Blue is the master suite. Red is the his+hers closet & en-suite under the roof space.

Green is the lounge/diner/kitchen.

Black is the *standard* staircase that follows the roof space from the floor below.

Brown is bedrooms.

I'm not having a go at you, but based on the last half-a-dozen posts, it's starting to become a little extraordinary that every-time I post something new I then have to spend my time justifying it.

Andreas

Ahhh, thanks for the explanation! I simply didn't think that the penthouse would be so large and have a whopping four terraces, so I was rather puzzled how the residents of the (assumed) several apartments per floor would reach their respective terrace. As for justifying, I'm sorry that my nitpicking upsets you, but then again, you're one of the most prolific and skilled BATters around, so I simply wondered how you could have overlooked something that seemed so obvious to me. Then again, maybe I shouldn't comment on such things right before bedtime, where my brain is in shutdown mode already. ;)
Andreas

matias93

Seems pretty logic with the explanation, but that penthouse would need to be at least a R-$$$$ on my slum-filled cities  :D Nah, I'll get a nice place for it, with some nasty segregation in between  &mmm
(oh, and don't take it as 'justifying', it's just that we love to read how you, in so little time, not only model and enlighten all this beautiful buildings, but also plan their internal distributions!)

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

Krasner

Really nice - indeed - luxury apartments :thumbsup: That international style can be found pretty much anywhere in the west, although it sounds like a tendency that is about to be outdated in the places I know it's so common and typical of the (richer) architecture of the past 20 years. Great  &apls

(also unrelated, but what are the flat roof, more working-class looking apartments that can be seen in the left corner please ? they look like an interesting addon for the suburbs I'm working on currently ::) )
ANARCHIST !!

belfastsocrates

Love them! These modern mod-rise residential BATs are fantastic and much required. Great work :)
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

PaPa-J

Love the mid rises.  Could definitely use them.
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

fantozzi

Yes! Great part of my region is covered with midrise residentials. Midrise residentials by Matt - I think I have collected them all. They are wonderful but always make me a little sad, that Aaron Graham stopped batting, because now, I think, Matt is really the last of the batting legends doing them.

The more I have to praise his work and to thank him.

My RL neighbourhood looks totally mattb325, from my point of view, his work is even the most authentic. But this might be subjective:

Those middle class houses looking like luxury appartments - they are very popular now around the City of Heidelberg. Making people believe: we are the upper class. Those are quite cheap buildings, not the best quality regarding basic fabric. They look big and chic and are even expensive. But they aren't like classic monuments - they aren't made for eternety. After ten years you have problems with the windows, the water pipes, the heating. They just look nice like so many products of today. Just to be sold quickly, for the fast profit.

mattb325

^^ Flimsy and cheap. My favourite  :P. That gave me an idea...you have to fill your flimsy and cheap apartments with something equally flimsy and cheap  :D

It's been a while since gascooker made the one and only ikea for SC4. This could fit about 20 of that original model  ;)