• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BAT Showcase

Started by mattb325, February 01, 2007, 04:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattb325

Thankyou art128 and metarvo

Another offering that should prove a little less controversial  ::) than the last one.

A fictional building, but draws its influence from so many of the post modern mid-1990s offices that are around. Zurich Insurance features a slim-stone façade treatment, double height foyer and Romanesque window treatments to the ground floor :

Available here:

http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/28683-zurich-insurance/

At any rate, it's a good size mid-rise, CO$$$ medium density building that grows in the lower stages.

Aaron Graham

Wonderful work, Keep it up. :D
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

Kergelen

Another fantastic building. Thanks :thumbsup:

Links to SC4 websites

Jack_wilds

I like this office building it has that 50's generic look in lines and height but counters it with facade and materials... 5/5 worth adding to my suburb  :thumbsup:

and the to add, whatever became of your GE building with the colored windows?

Mulu2065

&apls Seriously loving your new buildings.
Have you considered doing houses in these textures? They'd look so awesome.

mattb325

Thanks guys

@Jack - thanks for reminding me. I'd completely forgotten about a couple of buildings from that set  ::) I'll package them up and upload them soon.

Next on the cards - I'm working on a set of smaller rail terminus type stations as these are completely lacking in game. (We've plenty of through stations and grand terminus type stations, but almost nothing that fits the bill in a town/suburb - etc.)

Here's the first one - a little bit British.

I've designed it to work equally well as either a W2W or standalone.

Will probably add another two different types and then package up....stay tuned.... ;)

Rayden

Nice work Matt, I completely agree with you, there is a big lack of train terminals, I'm glad you're working on that :thumbsup:

art128

That looks really nice Matt!

Love that small station.

Though I'm not sure about the glass on the roof of the platforms.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Schulmanator

Woo hoo! You are right that we desperately need more non-grandiose stations.
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Turjan

Quote from: art128 on May 19, 2013, 05:32:12 AM
That looks really nice Matt!

Love that small station.

Though I'm not sure about the glass on the roof of the platforms.

Yup, that will come in handy. I'd say the glass is okay, as the station still looks quite urban and fancy. Perhaps, a few less glass inserts in the roof, maybe matching the window pattern of the front building? However, it's fine as it is, especially if it's built in as in you first pic. The freestanding version is less convincing, also because of the outer platform roofs.

By the way, I'm on the lookout for something one story less and/or less w2w.

vortext

Terminus stations are in short supply indeed! First one looks great, though I'd appreciated it if the platforms were a little longer. In any case, looking forward to the next!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

io_bg

Quote from: mattb325 on May 19, 2013, 02:19:35 AMNext on the cards - I'm working on a set of smaller rail terminus type stations as these are completely lacking in game. (We've plenty of through stations and grand terminus type stations, but almost nothing that fits the bill in a town/suburb - etc.)
This is something I've wanted for quite a while, it's great to see my "dream" come true ;D
In case you need inspiration for another one, here's something you could consider: click here. The building itself should fit on a 7x4 lot. Yes, I know, larger than yours but I think it still could be considered a mid-sized station.
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

art128

Quote from: io_bg on May 20, 2013, 06:30:02 AM
Quote from: mattb325 on May 19, 2013, 02:19:35 AMNext on the cards - I'm working on a set of smaller rail terminus type stations as these are completely lacking in game. (We've plenty of through stations and grand terminus type stations, but almost nothing that fits the bill in a town/suburb - etc.)
This is something I've wanted for quite a while, it's great to see my "dream" come true ;D
In case you need inspiration for another one, here's something you could consider: click here. The building itself should fit on a 7x4 lot. Yes, I know, larger than yours but I think it still could be considered a mid-sized station.

You really want Burgas Station done, don't you? :D

Props & Texture Catalog

io_bg

I wouldn't mind if it was BATted you know :D
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Vlasky

Great job Matt.

btw, I was in Burgas and even went into that station. I really like it. And all the wood inside. quite romantic.
My Thread - Vlasky going global BATs - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15573.0

Jmouse

Congratulations Matt. You have redefined neighborhoods, much to the delight of many players and MDers.

vortext

Congratulations Matt!!  &apls 

Your name has become like a sc4 household brand, never fail to deliver high quality BATs. Can't wait to what's in store for us this month!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

mattb325

Thankyou all, I'm very honoured to be in the OTSM

A quick picture to kick things off: a very deco variant for the terminus (this has also slightly longer platforms than the last)

Kergelen

Congrats on the OSITM! &apls

Your work is always high quality and extremely useful.

Links to SC4 websites

art128

Wow! That last model really looks nice, Matt!

Congrats on OSITM !

Props & Texture Catalog