• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BAT Showcase

Started by mattb325, February 01, 2007, 04:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattb325

Thankyou all, I will have a look through my reference material to see if there are any 19th Century buildings that take my fancy....the main issue is that I can only do W2W residential buildings sporadically as being forced into the 16m restrictions of SC4 tend to get on my nerves after making one or two models  &mmm

Anyway, for the moment, something most definitely not 19th Century.

Englewood Condominiums

This is a real early 1980's type of condo - this particular style was (thankfully) short-lived, but very popular as in that it evoked a quasi Scandinavian feel. It was common-ish in Northern Europe as well as the Pacific North West of the US: given how much of the living area occurs in the roof space, this type of architecture is impractical in warmer climates, though that certainly didn't stop it from being built in California and SE Australia by the bucket load.

Available here http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/28229-englewood-condominiums/

Dantes

Wow, that's ist so modern and beautiful too  :thumbsup: Fantastic work again Matt  &apls &apls &apls

art128

Now that's something! Pretty looking I like them!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

sunv123

Nooooo! :angrymore: not these condos, I see them way too much and I think that they look too modern for the 1980s. ?=mad)= Still, as weird as they looks, they might fit well in a recreation of my hometown. :)

Thanks Matt.
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

Swordmaster

I have a good friend who lives in what is almost an exact copy of what you made. . . stunning, and a bit eerie, too! :thumbsup:

Quote from: mattb325 on November 19, 2012, 02:37:44 PM
Thankyou all, I will have a look through my reference material to see if there are any 19th Century buildings that take my fancy....the main issue is that I can only do W2W residential buildings sporadically as being forced into the 16m restrictions of SC4 tend to get on my nerves after making one or two models  &mmm

Well, you can make models half that width, or make two models of, say, 9m and 5m and join them up. . . Or make something that is only W2W on one side. . . Many ways to work around it, I think. Then again, I'm not a BATter :)

Cheers
Willy

Simcoug

If you are not in the w2w mood, I'll throw this idea out there - I have a hard time finding old wooden warehouses/factories that would fit in around the old wharf/dock areas found in many older cities.

Air6

Girafe

Thanks Matt for all the stuff you released.

Surely one of the most prolific batter from BSC  ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

mattb325

Thankyou all for the kind remarks

For Simcoug, not an exact copy (as Boxmoor Wharf was brick, rather than wood)
4x4

3x3

But it is along the lines of old wooden 19th century warehouses

Simcoug

Wow Matt, this is like all the holidays rolled into one!  Thank you so much, this model looks better than I could have imagined.  You can be sure it will show up in New SorGun.   Thanks again!  :thumbsup:

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

vortext

That is very nice indeed, not to mention incredibly usefull.  &apls  :thumbsup:

Of course, you did realise beforehand wel'll be requesting more of this as well, right?!  ;D  :D

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

sunv123

Ah, another fine product has arrived! &bis& Great work with this one, it is great for an old town recreation and it reminds me of Assassin's creed 3! ;)

Swordmaster

Quote from: Simcoug on November 23, 2012, 07:58:03 AM
Wow Matt, this is like all the holidays rolled into one!  Thank you so much, this model looks better than I could have imagined.  You can be sure it will show up in New SorGun.   Thanks again!  :thumbsup:

And in PSC too :D

Thanks, Matt!

Cheers
Willy

mattb325

Thanks Simcoug, Girafe, Vortext, Sunv123 and Swordmaster  :)

(and thanks for my little CML thingy too)

Seeing I have been given the housing authority logo, I suppose it's only fitting that next up is an old Spanish Mission Revival style duplex lifted from one of the Sears Catalogues in the 1920s. This style was prolific across the USA, but not very often batted....

Alhambra Duplex

Available here: http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/28261-alhambra-duplex/

Aaron Graham

Another lovely building, thank you for that. :D
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

Serkanner

Beautiful model Matt. This will fit in nicely in the suburbs. Thanks for sharing.

Swordmaster

Very nice, Matt!

I hope you don't mind if I pitch an idea here. What do you think of George Washington's distillery? Not a very big building, not too complicated either, but quite unique I think.

Or his mansion itself, maybe?

Cheers
Willy

sunv123

I found it I found it!!!!!!!!!!!! I know what's coming up!

mattb325

Thanks guys (and sunv who beat me to it  :D )

Willy, the mansion looks quite good but given the large overhang it may not work too well for SC4  &mmm
I'll have a look around the grounds on google and see if there is something that could translate into the game.

Following on from the Alhambra (and as there isn't a huge amount of distinctly SoCal stuff in game - suprisingly  &Thk/( ), I modelled a condo based on those that you typically see up and down the Southern California coast....in particular San Diego.

Casa de Manana Condos

There are two lot variations for each - a more temperate one with pines and broadleaf trees and a sub-tropical one (in keeping with the SoCal style). YOU CAN ONLY KEEP ONE SET OF LOTS, so delete which ever one you don't want from the download.

It's available here: http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/28281-casa-de-manana-condominiums/