• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

PIMX Official support thread

Started by wouanagaine, November 04, 2009, 12:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vortext

Changing lot size after the fact is not possible in PIM. It's premise is you make your own custom lots from scratch, rather than (re-)adapting existing materials. And since you're just getting started, I'd recommend you get into that habit as well. 

So for a lot to function ingame, regardless its type or purpose, it needs two files: the building and lot exemplar respectively, which is a two-step process as you might have guessed. The first step, creating building exemplar, is described here. While it deals with a growable commercial, the process is identical for any and all building exemplars. Simply drag the BAT model to the desired category in the Building tree.

Step two, creating the lot, is described here. Unfortunately the pictures have gone missing, but it's fairly straightforward: right-click on the building exemplar and select: 'Create a growable/ploppable lot using this building'. Here you can determine the lot size, and growth stage if applicable.

Now, since you want a simple Forest Lot you can use an 'invisible' model to create the building exemplar necessary. PIM comes equipped with such an invisible model, located at the top under 'Resources -> Other Models'. You drag this model to any Building type, in this case for example as a proper park with effects/costs, or as a neutral building - both found under 'Buildings -> Ploppable -> Park'. Once you've created the building exemplar you can generate the lot of it, in any size you want (though iirc 60x60 is largest possible).

Finally to enter the Lot Editor, right-click on the Lot Exemplar, choose 'Lot Editor' from the menu and start placing props! 
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Mikey Knox

ngpillow

I want to run PIM but i couldn't and i don't know why or how. I even uninstalled and installed PIM but to no avail.

selles

Quote from: ngpillow on June 12, 2016, 06:11:28 AM
I want to run PIM but i couldn't and i don't know why or how. I even uninstalled and installed PIM but to no avail.

I am getting the same error too. Running Windows 10, and I have installed the multiarray.pyd bugfix.

vortext

Hm weird, especially since SC4PIM did work on your pc two months ago, right ngpillow? If so, something much have changed since. And btw which OS are you running?

Just to make sure: have you guys tried using all the DLLs mentioned in the first post, in addition to the multiarray.pyd bugfix file, and have them stored in SC4PIMs installation folder?

Quote from: wouanagaine on November 04, 2009, 12:56:55 PMIf you have a problem running SC4PIM:
-Download the GLU32.dll and GLUT32.dll from http://www.dll-files.com/ and put them in SC4PIM folder
-Download the GDIPLUS.dll from http://www.dll-files.com/ and put it in SC4PIM folder
-Download the MSVCP71.DLL  from http://www.dll-files.com/ and put it in SC4PIM folder
time flies like a bird

selles

[SOLVED]

I went through the thread looking for any mention of SC4PIMApp.pyo. On page 15 I saw that MandelSoft and CasperVG both had the same issue. Casper mentioned that he was able to get past the error by running SC4PIM as administrator. That solved the issue for me as well!

Hi Vortex,

I downloaded and placed the .dll files in the SC4PIM installation folder in addition to the multiarray.pyd bugfix file and I'm still getting the same error. I also downloaded and replaced the New Properties XML which didn't work. Finally, a full reinstallation didn't fix the error either.

wxPython: stdout/stderr

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 3454, in OnClose
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 3457, in ShowMain
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 2798, in __init__
pywintypes.error: (2, 'RegOpenKeyEx', 'The system cannot find the file specified.')

Any ideas?

noahclem

I've been working on some re-lotting in PIM-X, including a big project with Amsterdam Centraal. I still use Maxis LE more often than PIM-X-LE, mainly just out of habit, but I was unable to save either file I was working on that way (the project has dragged on for many more hours than necessary due to that problem and a computer crash). The Centraal project involves converting all trees to seasonal HD, all lights to LRM ones, concrete textures to ones commonly affected by sidewalk/plaza mods, and replacing the other props with HD ones by namspopof, vnaoned, etc. I'm also adding a 4th (so far unfunctional) tile of rail to the back of the lot bringing the station up to 7 platforms and 8 tracks.

I figured the project might be interesting to others but because it's just a lot edit it shouldn't work alongside the original one and seems a poor way to release a file. Is there a way to do a "save as" so it's a separate lot or would I need to rebuild the whole lot from scratch, including TE work, to make that happen? I have the SC4tool but have never done TE-ing or station modding before, always having borrowed those from other lots that are known to be well-modded. Thanks :)

Andreas

The Amsterdam Central Station is a reward lot, hence LE blocks the "save as" feature. You can easily re-enable it by setting the "Conditional Building" property in the Building Exemplar file from "True" (0x01) to "False" (0x00) in either the Reader, SC4Tool or PIM-X. Keep in mind that you might need to edit some more properties for a regular station lot, such as the Occupant Groups.

Personally, I always thought it's the easiest way to open both the problematic lot and a regular one in the Reader, check the properties one by one, and find the little differences. It's a great way to learn more about the internal working of such lots by adapting this knowledge for your own stuff as well.
Andreas

mgb204

If you want to take a copy of a lot and make it a new one, you can simply manually adjust all the ID's so it doesn't override the original.

Here in step 1 I've highlighted all the properties in the Buildings Exemplar that need changing. Although your files may not have LTEXTs or included others, it's easy to reference them with the ID's of the actual exemplars.

First use the reader to change one exemplar to a new random one, right click, generate new group and instance. Then populate these changes to the remaining files. I've kept the Instance ID's consistent for all files here.

Then go through the instance of the old ID in the Buildings Exemplar (highlighted) and update them with the new ones. Lastly (Step 2), don't forget to change the model on the Lot itself to the new Buildings Exemplar's ID. It's the LotConfigPropertyLotObject that begins 0x00000000 you are looking for, just the last Rep needs to match the Instance ID of the Buildings Exemplar.

texture112233

Why query sound always missing in the dependencies list even though I have already put sound.dat into plugin folder and load it with pim-x?
I think this is a bug. The default GroupID of query sound should be 2A4D193D but PIM-X make it CA4D1943. As far as I known, the SFX:Query sound property only store the InstanceID,by which time the default T&G ID should be provided by PIM-X to trace the TRK file. If you make it wrong you will never be able to trace it correctly.
And I am very curious why not fix it. Even in the guide we can see the "not found"

mgb204

So far as I know the application is no longer in development, so I wouldn't expect to see an update, officially at least. Perhaps though this is something that can be adjusted in the one of the configuration files? In any case, it's a minor issue, especially if you know about it.

Gondracorn

Just started up SC4PIM

File "SC4PIM.py", line 1, in ?
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 96, in ?
  File "wx\__init__.pyo", line 45, in ?
  File "wx\_core.pyo", line 4, in ?
  File "wx\_core_.pyo", line 12, in ?
  File "wx\_core_.pyo", line 10, in __load
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

I clicked to download the dll files, but it wants me to pay to be able to get them. I thought SC4PIM was free?

mgb204

If you are being asked to pay for .dll files, it's almost certainly a scam. Do a Google search for them and ensure you only download them from a trusted source.

Gondracorn

-Download the GLU32.dll and GLUT32.dll from http://www.dll-files.com/ and put them in SC4PIM folder
-Download the GDIPLUS.dll from http://www.dll-files.com/ and put it in SC4PIM folder
-Download the MSVCP71.DLL  from http://www.dll-files.com/ and put it in SC4PIM folder

This website he's providing is a paid service now, unfortionately. We'll need a different download source to download these dlls. Also, dlldownloader website is throwing capatcha verification errors, saying the capatcha is incorrect, even though I typed it correctly about 5 times.

It is NOT recommended to download GLU32.dll, GLUT32.dll, GDIPLUS.dll, and MSVCP71.dll from websites. You must get them from the distrubution packages they came in.

For example, GLU32.dll was originally included in a depreciated OPENGL installer, which is no longer available for official download. Thus, the file is lost unless someone with upmost honesty and integrity uploads the entire installer virus, malware, adware, and hijack free on a free website like mediafire or dropbox.

But who has that kind of honesty? Very few. Many want to take advantage of others. It's a give, take, take and take world (notice more takes than gives?). Find and download at your own risk.

Speaking of which, does anyone know where one can download the first piece? It comes with OpenGL v1.1.

EDIT: you may find GLU32.dll and GDIPlus.dll in this directory: C:\Windows\system32\
You can get Glut32 offically from here: https://developer.nvidia.com/cg-toolkit-download. Install it, then go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Nvidia Corporation\Cg\bin\glut32.dll
https://www.mediafire.com/?pf12e61qm1h1g6w this is MSVCP71 and MSVCR71 taken from Photoshop.

mgb204

Good point, often these files already reside on your PC. If you have them (search your entire HDD for each file), just copy them to the install folder for PIM-X.

It's sad that when you Google these things, most of the links are to scams. Google and other so-called legitimate companies make a ton of money on advertising revenue from such illegitimate activities, even if they are not directly involved. That said, it's quite possible to find everything you need. But I think it's against the EULA's to re-distribute them on the LEX (with PIM-X), so it can take a bit of effort.

vortext

The site mentioned in the first post still offers free DLL though. What it's doing instead is offer a paid service to install the DLL.

For instance here's msvcp71.dll and at first glance it does appears you have to pay for it. However, if you scroll down you'll see the option: 'Advanced user? Get the DLL file and install it yourself' and you can grab the file for free.

Not saying this isn't a scummy redesign of the site though, as it's intentionally made to be misleading and get people to pay. But, still free.  :)
time flies like a bird

Gondracorn

How do I create a blank building with PIM-X? Someone said you can do this easily. I want to make a blank building for a parking lot subgroup in the transportation menu. Say for instance, a smaller compact version of a parking lot that uses the parking garage's exemplar template.

In addition, how do I batch png textures into a dat file? Can I do it into SimCity_1.dat or something similar? I don't really know how to create a new dat file except by creating a new text document, then renaming the file extension to .dat

mgb204

When creating a lot in PIM-X, first you must create a buildings exemplar or building. Instead of using a model, under Resources/Other Models you will find one named Blank, use this.

Word of advice, NEVER modify the original SimCity dats, that can mess with your entire game. You can give any file you like the .DAT extension, but it won't work. You need the file to be in a compatible DBPF file format SC4 uses. The inverse works though, SC4 will read all such files, regardless of the extension of the file. Just like with making a word file, you need to create it using a compatible application, not start with a blank one.

However, if you are using PNG files and want to make textures, get hold of either PNG to FSH batch or GoFSH. Both are excellent tools that will create DAT files with your textures.

Brad Feuerhelm

I just ran into something. I created a lot in PIM-X, saved it. when into SC4 to test it. It was ok up to that point. When I went back into PIM-X and tried to get it to open all PIM-X did was throw an error.
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 1846, in OnLotInfoDebug
  File "SC4LotPreview.pyo", line 1416, in Display
  File "SC4LotPreview.pyo", line 1401, in PreCache
  File "SC4LotPreview.pyo", line 1312, in PreCacheObject
  File "SC4LotPreview.pyo", line 1236, in LoadPropModel
IndexError: list index out of range

Funny thing is I was able to open it and edit it inside of the MaxisLE!

Dazed and confused
Damn the menus full speed ahead! Hee, Hee

mgb204

Make sure you've installed all the required .DLL files as mentioned here:

Quote from: vortext on June 17, 2016, 11:54:19 AM
Just to make sure: have you guys tried using all the DLLs mentioned in the first post, in addition to the multiarray.pyd bugfix file, and have them stored in SC4PIMs installation folder?

Quote from: wouanagaine on November 04, 2009, 12:56:55 PMIf you have a problem running SC4PIM:

If you are sure you have them and they are installed correctly (in the same folder as PIM-X installation), then it could be a permissions problem. I.e. Windows is not allowing you to save the files. In which case try running the application as administrator, which should give it full access rights.