• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

threestooges

This pleases me.
-Matt

mrbisonm

That was 3RR? Wow, I think I have to go back some pages and look at this legendary region again, just can't remember parts of it.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

metarvo

It's great to see you back around these parts, and the activity in this region is refreshing, even if C:S is involved — though I'm still sure I'll never play it.  You have to admit it looks nice, though.  I didn't know you could do dirt roads in that game, so hey!  :)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Eblem

Great to see you back  :thumbsup:

Have you consider using World Machine + SC4Terraformer? you'll get amazing results for hand made maps, World Machine will help you to make erosion and streams realistic.

I'm eager to see what you come for Cities skylines. See ya.

compdude787

Well, it's going to be interesting what you do with this in Cities:Skylines. Looking forward to it!
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

dedgren

There you go, Fred.

I'm creating a vector contour overlay as this is written  God bless the iPad Pro and Apple Pencil.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

mrbisonm

Hey Thanks David!! Now I can go through it again and awaken some memories..... ;) Great region. I wonder if I can use this image to create one of my own?

Fred

dedgren

Memories of the Future.

David

1744627 - We've had 500 views a day since about this time Sunday, so I guess that answers any questions I have about current interest.  How do you feel about the possibility that Three Rivers Region might be reworked in Cities: Skylines?  I'd be very interested in hearing your opinion here, pro or con.  Thanks! -de
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Ryan B.

There would be no complaints here, my friend.

mrbisonm

I would like that 3RR continues on SC4. I don't play Cities Skylines anymore, therefore I am totally neutral on this. ;)

Fred

compdude787

I don't think that having it on Cities:Skylines is a bad thing, really. If that's what makes you get more into playing 3RR, that's great. If that's what makes us see more updates for 3RR, even better. Cities:Skylines has pretty good graphics and it looks a lot better than the cartoonish, dumbed-down graphics found in SC2013.

My YouTube Channel

Jmouse

3RR is a timeless work of art. It doesn't matter whether or not the artist's style changes because the spirit of his masterpiece will always be there. Go for it.

metarvo

If C:S keeps the region going, then it's worth it.  Of course, I prefer SC4, but whatever!  ;D  That latest pic is stunning!  :thumbsup:  Oh, and there's the old reliable region map.  This really takes me back.  :)

I might just have to do a "what might have been in SC4" mock construction of the Evendim NE quad one day, but then I might not feel right about doing that, for that would be an alternate reality future.  ???
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.

dedgren

Arvo:

QuoteI might just have to do a "what might have been in SC4" mock construction of the Evendim NE quad one day, but then I might not feel right about doing that, for that would be an alternate reality future.  ???

No, no.  Please be my guest.  I will send you and anyone else who wants one the files and information for any quad you want, and would hope that you would post the results of your work here.

Me?  I'm working on figuring out all the region's elevations so that I can draw a contour map.

Every peak, rapid, lake, etc. needs to be figured out.  Then I start drawing the lines.  Just like in late 2006.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

metarvo

I think this is a hard area to get right.  Roads and the like are fairly cut-and-dried on a map; it's fairly easy to tell at a glance where they are in game and then to translate that over to the page.  Elevation, though, is a different story, and it requires an expert such as yourself.  Nice work.  :thumbsup:

compdude787

Wow, this looks like a heck of a lot of work!

My YouTube Channel

dedgren

Contour lines by hand.

I'm going to spend the weekend importing this into the C:S map editor and see what we come up with.  Those contour lines are about 4 meters/13 feet apart in elevation.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

compdude787

Looks nice so far! Those contour lines are cool!

My YouTube Channel

dedgren

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

mrbisonm

Have a nice Christmas yourself also. ;)

Fred