• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

List of BSC Compliant Parks

Started by CasperVg, November 09, 2008, 07:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CasperVg

This is a list of all BSC Compliant Parks. It is a sub-list of the List of Parks.

[tabular type=1]
[row][head colspan=4]
BSC Compliant Parks
(sorted by AUTHOR)
[/head][/row]
[row][head]
_________________PLUGIN_________________[/head][head]
___AUTHOR___[/head][head]
LINK[/head][/row]
[row][data]Jardin Villachinon[/data][data]BarbyW[/data][data][/data][/row][row][data]
Park Assortment 2.1 (2x2 Lots)[/data][data]BarbyW[/data][data][/data][/row][row][data]
Park Assortment 2.2 (2x2 Lots)[/data][data]BarbyW[/data][data][/data][/row][row][data]
Park Assortment 3[/data][data]BarbyW[/data][data][/data][/row][row][data]
Park Bridges (swi21)[/data][data]BarbyW[/data][data][/data][/row][row][data]
SC4Devotion Birthday Park[/data][data]BarbyW[/data][data][/data][/row][row][data]
Wide Paths[/data][data]BSC[/data][data][/data][/row][row][data]
Canobie Memorial Park[/data][data]CasperVg[/data][data][/data][/row][row][data]
Amphitheaters[/data][data]deadwoods[/data][data][/data][/row][row][data]
Base Set[/data][data]deadwoods[/data][data][/data][/row][row][data]
Brickworks Market[/data][data]deadwoods[/data][data][/data][/row][row][data]
Chess Plaza[/data][data]deadwoods[/data][data][/data][/row][row][data]
Gardeners Compound[/data][data]deadwoods[/data][data][/data][/row][row][data]
Hedge Maze Park[/data][data]deadwoods[/data][data][/data][/row][row][data]
Mother Russia[/data][data]deadwoods[/data][data][/data][/row][row][data]
Park Bridges (simgoober)[/data][data]deadwoods[/data][data][/data][/row][row][data]
Ripptide Parks[/data][data]deadwoods[/data][data][/data][/row][row][data]
Sunken Plaza's[/data][data]deadwoods[/data][data][/data][/row][row][data]
Texture Set[/data][data]deadwoods[/data][data][/data][/row][row][data]
Wall Set[/data][data]deadwoods[/data][data][/data][/row][row][data]
Listerlund[/data][data]DebussyMan[/data][data][/data][/row][row][data]
David Trainor Memorial Park[/data][data]geoffhaw[/data][data][/data][/row][row][data]
ADC Parks[/data][data]M4346[/data][data][/data][/row][row][data]
Devo 08 Fans Zones[/data][data]Paroch[/data][data][/data][/row][row][data]
Tennis Pack[/data][data]Paroch[/data][data][/data][/row][row][data]
MAAM Parks[/data][data]SNM[/data][data][/data][/row][row][data]
British Airways London Eye[/data][data]yoder7652[/data][data][/data][/row]
[/tabular]
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Gaston

Something is not quite right with the links.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

CasperVg

Can you give an example? I tested some of the links, and they all functioned correctly.

However, the "List of Parks" link is still a placeholder, from when that list is actually posted.  ;)

bwatterud

They all function correctly, but they all link to files that aren't the ones described (but are all somewhere else on the list).  For example, the link to the base set actually links to Ripptide parks, the link to the MAAM parks actually links to the texture set, and the link to the sunken plazas actually leads to the Simgoober bridges. 

CasperVg

Darn, you're right. Something must've gone wrong when I let Excel order the entries alphabetically. It seems not to have moved the links with it. 

EDIT: Fixed the list, I'm glad the list wasn't that big, and it was easy to find the correct links.

Gwail

Hopefully it is a good place for such question ;)...

Maybe my search abilities are weak, but... Is there a pack with modular diagonal paths for BSC Parks or it's still for self-making with LE?
My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

CasperVg

As far as I know, such pack does not exist at the moment; so yes, you'll have to do it yourself, in the LE  ;)

JBSimio

Quote from: Gwail on December 02, 2008, 01:12:36 AM
Hopefully it is a good place for such question ;)...

Maybe my search abilities are weak, but... Is there a pack with modular diagonal paths for BSC Parks or it's still for self-making with LE?

I know this is sort of an old question... but to my knowledge, Caspervg is right.  The most likely reason there is no set of diagonal paths is due to the way the textures are set up:

As you can see, the diagonal paths require little corner pieces between them.  While it may not seem like a big deal in this example, consider the endless combinations with other paths where that little corner "chad" could be needed.  A "complete" set would require many 1x1 lots to cover all those possibilities, intersections, etc.  I considered making some for Clayhurst University until I realized it would probably triple the number of lots.  Many of the textures do exist, but it's much more practical to make what you want with larger lots than with individual 1x1's.  ;)

JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

CabraBuitre

I don't agree with that:

Quote from: JBSimio on December 29, 2008, 05:47:51 PM
As you can see, the diagonal paths require little corner pieces between them.  While it may not seem like a big deal in this example, consider the endless combinations with other paths where that little corner "chad" could be needed.  A "complete" set would require many 1x1 lots to cover all those possibilities, intersections, etc.  I considered making some for Clayhurst University until I realized it would probably triple the number of lots.  Many of the textures do exist, but it's much more practical to make what you want with larger lots than with individual 1x1's.  ;)

SG released a second group of diagonal overlays that were offset and cut across 1/4 of the lot instead of the entire lot.  It is still possible to achieve a diagonal look without requiring lots of extra pieces.

This is the only pic I have... unfortunately I lost the set I had created (along with the region that it showcased), but in the upper right of this picture, you can see the wide BSC-compliant path with two openings (left and right), and my diagonal lot.  I just rotated the lots 180 degrees and continued to plop diagonally.  The path intersection occurred about halfway up the left side of the lot and traveled up and to the right, ending in the middle of the top.  Yes, you do end up with more grass (i.e. it's a bit lopsided if you only plop one), but it really does work well.

... But, to answer the question...
Quote from: Gwail on December 02, 2008, 01:12:36 AM
Is there a pack with modular diagonal paths for BSC Parks or it's still for self-making with LE?

No.  But it would not be difficult to create. 

Check out Abelfarei!

Gwail

Quote from: CabraBuitre on December 29, 2008, 11:29:54 PM
SG released a second group of diagonal overlays that were offset and cut across 1/4 of the lot instead of the entire lot.  It is still possible to achieve a diagonal look without requiring lots of extra pieces.
That system is applied with SFBT Park sets. Works really fine.

Quote from: CabraBuitre on December 29, 2008, 11:29:54 PM
No.  But it would not be difficult to create. 
Sure it wouldn't :). But - as it is a board called "where can I find..." I would notice, that we are going a bit off-topic.

Anyway, thanks for the answers :).
My misc works thread:
GWL workshop