• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC Re-Creations - Dita's Repair Shop

Started by xxdita, March 04, 2008, 01:46:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RippleJet

Quote from: HandsOn on March 04, 2008, 05:55:56 AM
xxdita: does this mean the steel mill can now be found on the LEX?

Quote from: Diggis on March 04, 2008, 05:59:42 AM
it needs testing first.

I also think he needs to prepare an installer and a readme first, before having it tested! ::)

rooker1

This is awesome.  Great work Nate.  I can't wait ti see what you tackle next.

Robin  &apls
Call me Robin, please.

HandsOn

BTW: If you need testers, I am available (no longer need to work  $%Grinno$%). I've got a couple of Vista machines, and an XP will be added in April. And I've been doing UAT's for some time now..
As long as folks let me know what needs to be done..
Just a thought

Why not visit The Empire MD
Just updated on July 2nd, 2008
And after the game's done.. - The Storyteller's Logbook

Pat

WOW Nate I go to bed and I awake to find you started the shop.... Sweet is all I got to say and I want to give my full support here on this wonderful lot and if anyone needs the original zip I will see about getting it loaded on SimCities if any time soon Fukuda doesn't stop in before this fix is ready for release to the Masses... 

Only if its truely needed to have loaded up...  Remember to all " You dont want your lot in here  ;D " well if yes you do if you want to learn and see how it was fixxed and make Nate work for that Banana then yes its a good thing....  Nate I think that is awesome that you listing how you fixxed the lot as well...

I too Have Daddyo's Uhaul Lot sign's and they are broken and they need TM911 to the rescue.......................

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

HandsOn

Quote from: Pat on March 04, 2008, 08:51:56 AM
I too Have Daddyo's Uhaul Lot sign's and they are broken and they need TM911 to the rescue.......................

So its not just me? Because I cannot find out what's wrong..

xxdita

Give me a link and I'll take a look.  ;D

JoeST

* star.torturer makes residence

LOL, cant wait to see what you have in store for us Nate... its looking good already

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Pat

Warning!!!!
Nate I think you just found your next challenge lol Here [linkie]

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

BarbyW

The UHaul signs won't show up in game for a very simple reason - daddyo failed to include the models in the upload. This is not something that xxdita can do anything about and the only solution if you want to use them is to PM daddyo and ask him to post the models.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

HandsOn

Quote from: xxdita on March 04, 2008, 09:08:48 AM
Give me a link and I'll take a look.  ;D
Being naturally presumptious I take you up on it: http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=16247&v=1 is the UHaul Bonus Pack. The standard billboard works, but the upright highway sign produces a brownbox as does one other sign in his original Uhaul Pack.

PS: The reason I did not see your reply to Pat's post is that it wasn't there when I posted. I noticed a lag sometime ago when I sign-on from Europe..

BarbyW

HandsOn

Quote from: BarbyW on March 04, 2008, 09:26:05 AM
The UHaul signs won't show up in game for a very simple reason - daddyo failed to include the models in the upload. This is not something that xxdita can do anything about and the only solution if you want to use them is to PM daddyo and ask him to post the models.
That does indeed explain matters. Unfortunately PM's remain unanswered (tried earlier this year), thus I guess the chap's AWOL..? Pity, the idea was good..

xxdita

The Steel Mill has been sent off to the scrutineers, so now we wait...  $%Grinno$%

In the meantime, a hint at my next project...

HandsOn

Quote from: xxdita on March 04, 2008, 11:05:34 AM
The Steel Mill has been sent off to the scrutineers, so now we wait...  $%Grinno$%

In the meantime, a hint at my next project...

Don't tell me: SC4's ugliest office building finally gets a makeover - and a preventive inocculation against flodding newly formed cities? ()stsfd()

JoeST

* star.torturer searches for more broken buildings, and produces a definite list :p

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Shadow Assassin

Finally, we can eradicate blank lots entirely!
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

xxdita

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on March 05, 2008, 01:01:47 AM
Finally, we can eradicate blank lots entirely!

Have you seen the list of them? Over 600 found already!  $%Grinno$%
Not sure I'll be able to get to all of them, but I do have my eye on a few to start with.  :P
Any specific requests?

HandsOn

Does this mean that you're about to fix the empty lot problem for all (????) custom content? Incredible.. &apls

BarbyW

Unfortunately xxdita is not a miracle worker and the empty lot problem will continue to proliferate while people insist on using raphaelninja's blank lots. As this file often downloaded to your HD from the official exchange - see Glenni's thread about Gems in the official exchange - it will no doubt still be causing problems in the future. All that can be done is to report any incidences as they crop up and they can then be dealt with.

RippleJet

Quote from: BarbyW on March 05, 2008, 02:55:22 AM
Unfortunately xxdita is not a miracle worker

I almost already thought he was! ::)