• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simmer's Lotting Lab.

Started by Simmer2, December 11, 2015, 07:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gugu3

Simmer2

SM2 Rail Service Yard 1 is almost done.
Revamped the texture (there is a little old pond in there too), added more details and created several sets of timed props for that special touch!
It will have jobs and it is transit enabled for both freight and passenger trains but it will not be a freight yard. Got to keep it real  ;D
SM2 Rail Service Yard 2 will follow soon.

Here are the latest pic.

Simmer2/Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

Mikey Knox

I really like your Terrain Mod, which one is that?  :)

Gugu3

Simmer2

Quote from: Mikey Knox on June 18, 2016, 01:02:21 PM
I really like your Terrain Mod, which one is that?  :)

I replied to your message.

Thanks, Gugu3

The lot is done. Now I'm trying to figure out how to STR path it.  &mmm

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

eggman121

Quote from: Simmer2 on June 20, 2016, 07:30:21 AM
The lot is done. Now I'm trying to figure out how to STR path it.  &mmm

Easily done in SC4 tools. You need to connect a path file of the model type group 0xA966883F to the rep 16. I will make a path file for you and step you though the process.

-eggman121

mgb204

Won't you be wanting 0x5D500000 for RRW? Although I have the feeling those are both identical in practise.

Simmer2

Thank you Stephen and Robin.
Either method works as advertised &apls &apls

Final lot presentation will be done very soon.

Stay tuned.

Simmer2/Nick

Akallan

The work done here is awesome! Really beautiful! &apls
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

Simmer2

Thank you Akallan

Weeeell..it is done!

STR rail line works as intended!!

So, I decided to make this lot a bit..uhmm animated. I achieve it by creating a few dozen timed props and some are in families.
Every time you plop this lot some of the train cars will change configurations, furthermore, the service rail line (the one nearest the gravel road) will display 2 different convoys.

Between 5am and 1pm you get the tanker cars and the first shift repair crew.
One of the tanker blew the air brakes and you can see then crew making that repair.

Between 2Pm and 4am you will get a convoy of train cars loaded with beets but one of the wagons has a very serious issue.
The left front axle bearing retainers broke apart shearing the massive bolts therefore a crane had to be called in to lift the wagon onto a flatbed truck and bring it to a better equipped repair facility (I think they will write it off).

80% of the other train cars will appear and disappear according to preset times throughout the day in order to simulate activity.

Here are some pics showing the lot going through the motions and of course you can see one of vester's trains happily crossing the lot. Pay attention to the other train cars and you will see different ones and none as time goes by.

Now, should I release this lot first? Or wait till I have the second one of this set ready?

Simmer2/Nick

vinlabsc3k

Amazing jobs!! &apls &apls &apls

The Tram Depot is gorgeous! :bnn:

The Oil Depot is outstanding! :o

The Rail Service Yard is incredible! &hlp

What are the specifications for all three?
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

vortext

Really clever use of timed props, well done!  &apls &apls
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

romualdillo

Fantastic work! Those last details are really the icing on the cake!  &apls

Simmer2

Thank you everyone &apls

SM2 Rail Service Yard 1 is now available here http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3374

@vinlabsc3k The Oil depot is not done yet. The others are available from the LEX and the Stex.
Search my name on both sites and you will find many more lots I have made

Have fun.

Simmer2/Nick

PS I'm already working on SM2 Rail Service Yard 2. Initial pics will be forthcoming.
PPS I have not forgotten the Oil Depot (MushyMushy and I have been at it non stop)

FrankU

noahclem

Beautiful work once again  &apls  I've finally finished school and have had plenty of time for SC4 lately and it's been just awesome finally getting to use all your goodies!

vinlabsc3k

Thanks for the clarification Nick, but I would know the lot size and jobs for example.

P.S.: If I can give you a suggestion, instead to create an automata props for a new lot and fill it with only those
use the standard one too, so the downloading player can view its favorite automata on your amazing creation.
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

heartless

Simmer2

Thank you everyone, I'm glad you like my creations. ()stsfd()

vinlabsc3k My lot specs are on the readme's and spec list. I have created so many lots that I cannot possibly remember all the specs at the top of my head. The journey to discovery is as pleasurable as the discovery itself.
Regarding the automata, I already explained a few pages ago that due to the weird angle I love to dabble with and the complexity of my lots, creating automatas to match them is a massively daunting task and my skills on that department is not the greatest.
I rather concentrate in creating new content.

Ok now its time to unveil something also I have been working on. Over the months I have had many requests to re-create some of the famous rail related lots already available. Well, I heard you and here is the first!!
The model was created by Simgoober.
Tell me what you think. (WIP warning!)

Nick

Vizoria

Yet more amazing lotting! There are a few dozen train stations which could do with your excellent attention.