• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SHANGHAI TOWER

Started by MuzikStar, May 24, 2011, 02:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MuzikStar

SHANGHAI TOWER is a skyscraper currently under construction in China. It would be awesome to see it in game !  ;D ;D

I'm sure there are a lot of persons who want to see this in Simcity 4!

MuzikStar

IS ANYBODY INTERESTED IN THIS BUILDING ?

io_bg

No need to use caps lock all the time

Modeling buildings takes a while so be patient.
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

jmyers2043

Quote from: MuzikStar on May 29, 2011, 05:33:32 AM
IS ANYBODY INTERESTED IN THIS BUILDING ?

I'm interested. Did you bat it and where can it be downloaded?

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

MuzikStar

Quote from: jmyers2043 on May 29, 2011, 06:12:39 AM
I'm interested. Did you bat it and where can it be downloaded?

- Jim

This is a request thread so you know the answer.

teddyrised

Quote from: MuzikStar on June 04, 2011, 12:05:47 PM
This is a request thread so you know the answer.

That's some courtesy and manners you have over there. In short, that kind of attitude won't get you anywhere in this forum. :thumbsdown:

MuzikStar

Quote from: teddyrised on June 04, 2011, 02:17:23 PM
That's some courtesy and manners you have over there. In short, that kind of attitude won't get you anywhere in this forum. :thumbsdown:
He was very ironic, because it was written that it's an request and he can see that i was requesting this so.....it's very logic that I didn't bat it. That's why I answered like that , and because everytime I try to do a request I get some remarks on why I'm using the caps or other things instead to show some interest for the subject, then why do they read the thread anymore? 

rooker1

Everyone relax for a minute.

Request threads are always very touchy as there are only a few BAtters out there that take on requests in the first place.  I'm going to guess that about 99% of them only BAT for their own pleasure and only BAT what they want.

MuzikStar, your first post was perfect, but your second was a little demanding, especially in CAPS.  If no one answers your request, than just a pleasant remind would suffice and after that I would just be patient and take it as everyone is too busy at the moment or no one is interested.

I do not want to see any more agruing back and forth in here.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

MuzikStar

Maybe was my mistake because I'm not very familiar with posting but I used caps because many times when i see a picture as big as that i may miss the text... :)....and regarding the demand i wanted to know an opinion ...because everybody was looking and nobody said nothing that's why.

tehshizpumpkin

Bumping because I'm highly interested in this and don't care how old the thread is.

mgb204

The thing is, there is a system of rules and etiquette on every site. When you type "don't care how old the thread is.", that gives off the impression that you don't care about said rules/etiquette.

To be perfectly frank, when someone wants to see a building made in game, the chances of it happening are closer to 0 than any other number. Most people who do BAT, are hard at work creating things for their game. 3D Modelling is a lot of work, it takes 100's of hours of learning and even more time to master. A large building like this could easily represent 6 months of working in one's spare time.

So whilst everyone is free to request things, or even state their interest in another's request. You must remember that unless a modeller is inspired by the request, it probably won't materialise. It is not acceptable to bring an "I deserve to have what I want" attitude to such requests, if anything you only harm your already slim chances of seeing this one day.

Obviously, given that over 5 years have passed since the last reply here, I would say no one decided to create this building. Reviving a dead post, just because you like the subject matter, is for the most part, frowned upon here. Please do not revive dead posts like this one in future.

dyoungyn

I have this very fond fascination with sky scrapers and knew that one the once (name slips me all the time) in Dubai was complete, there was always another country whom wants to beat the record.  I personally would love to have this bat in my city as it always amazes me how SC4 players are able to take the time and patience to create things for this exceptional game.  Keep up the great work and etiquette and polite as I can be, great job and would be honored to show off anyone's exceptional work in my city.

schokoladeneis 1

I know this thread was dead for a long time but someone started to bat the shanghai tower. It was somone here at sc4d. Sadly I can't remember who.

tehshizpumpkin

Quote from: mgb204 on September 09, 2016, 05:50:46 AM
The thing is, there is a system of rules and etiquette on every site. When you type "don't care how old the thread is.", that gives off the impression that you don't care about said rules/etiquette.

To be perfectly frank, when someone wants to see a building made in game, the chances of it happening are closer to 0 than any other number. Most people who do BAT, are hard at work creating things for their game. 3D Modelling is a lot of work, it takes 100's of hours of learning and even more time to master. A large building like this could easily represent 6 months of working in one's spare time.

So whilst everyone is free to request things, or even state their interest in another's request. You must remember that unless a modeller is inspired by the request, it probably won't materialise. It is not acceptable to bring an "I deserve to have what I want" attitude to such requests, if anything you only harm your already slim chances of seeing this one day.

Obviously, given that over 5 years have passed since the last reply here, I would say no one decided to create this building. Reviving a dead post, just because you like the subject matter, is for the most part, frowned upon here. Please do not revive dead posts like this one in future.

I thought it would be best to revive an older thread on a subject that I and others (possibly) were interested in that already existed instead of making a new one and creating another reason for another mod to call out my "violation of rules and etiquette". Now that I have revived the thread, it can spark interest in the community again. I don't see a problem with that. This is a request thread afterall. Please don't misunderstand my initial frivolous attitude for carelessness and disrepect of the community.

Having said that, I'm completely aware of the time and commitment it takes to BAT such files for the game and am in no way undermining the value and dedication for such a task. Requests have always been a subject on controversy as there are very little members of the community who are willing to do so as stated in the thread. But it should, by no means, detract or ignore from the proposed discourse of the thread subject itself. The first few posts from 2011 only show bickering and deconstruction of posts based on their perceived low quality of expression. It wasn't helpful or constructive at all. Who's to say that after 5 years things haven't changed? I don't think you're in any position to make that call.

I'm still open to this thread and the future requests that may appear. Whether the requests are fulfilled or not is of no concern as there are still many BATS that could fill the position of expected duties. I'm easy, at least the thread has gained traction again  ;D

APSMS

@tehshizpumpkin: I understand, it's just that we can't read your attitude when you post, and therefore there are ways to phrase things without coming off as flippant or disrespectful.

You are free to revive BAT threads provided that you understand their ephemeral nature (which you seem to), and the fact that 99% of them go unfulfilled, just be a little more considerate in your wording next time.

It's unfortunate because there are a lot of site users that drop in, post things like BAT requests or other such things, and then disappear without a trace, never to be seen again (on the forums or the LEX). Dropping in with a post count of 0, and saying something like that is not ideal only because we don't know you or where you are coming from, and so it's really hard to gauge a response, especially since a lot of Custom Content creators have to deal with things like belligerent users who complain that perfection is not within said BAT and will send abusive PMs to that effect. It gets really discouraging for some BATters and LOTters who spend a good deal of their time making this stuff. I can think of three community members who have either stopped BATting entirely (or just lost the bug) or closed down their development thread because of this unwarranted hostility.

I'm not saying you were hostile, and I'm glad you explained yourself (most users don't do that). I just wanted to let you know where MGB was coming from; he's endured his own share of hostile remarks (I think) for the things he's made.

This stuff is for free, so you'd think people would appreciate it, but more and more this seems to not be the case. Hence the caution.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

mrbisonm

I have been around for maaaaannnnnny years (maybe too many) and something I see so often is the freakin' *Brouhaha* from mods and admins and other "Naggers", when an old thread is being revived.
Why the heck don't we just freakin' lock these dead threads after a certain time if we don't want to have them revived. Just makes sense, No? If the original Poster wants to restart his/her thread, they can just ask mods to do so......darn.

Talking around and about these subjects is a real waste of time, it's nonsense!

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

mgb204

I think the real issue is that if people continually re-open old threads, it just makes it harder for most users to find the more relevant content they are looking for.

Whilst I like your idea Fred, it would have to be balanced against the potential workload of dealing with such requests, if all threads just locked after a given period. I'm not sure it would be very easy to filter threads in such a scenario, so it's probably an all or nothing change, in busier days, I could imagine that creating some headaches for the moderators.

Plenty of threads may be inactive for very long periods, so long as something relevant or new is brought to the discussion, it's perfectly acceptable to post in it. That's why you get a warning asking you to consider whether you should post. Obviously no one has locked this thread, a light touch is often better than a big hammer. But when you see the warning and decide - in my opinion, wrongly - that you have something new to add. Then top that off with a smattering of resentment towards the very message you've ignored, it shouldn't be too surprising when someone pulls you up on it.

Frankly I'd still argue that nothing new has really been presented here, as such a new thread would have been the best place for this post. It's great that people want to see certain buildings in the game, but as a modeller, I do find it incredulous sometimes that people expect these requests to be met. We all know that's very, very unlikely.

mrbisonm

Good point,mgb204

As a BATter myself, I can sometimes understand why we start something and sometimes don't finish and many times see some things on the wishing list of others and either don't have the guts to start it or simply no time/ health/ will or else. (don't worry, I WILL finish my project this fall) The new Shanghai tower, what this thread is all about, is in interesting project though, not very difficult too create like St Petersburg, but still quite a job imo. I will never do it since it is not in my interests to create towers at all.
Who knows, maybe we have revived someone's interest to build it now.... ;)

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

catty

the second building in the background looks a lot like the "Shanghai World Financial Center"

http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/17853-shanghai-world-financial-center/

I'm assuming its one in front you want ... I'll have another rummage around when I get a spare minute

:)
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

hasbit3

I want the shanghai tower as well. I want the exact specifications, down to the fine details. I not only want the building to be 128 stories tall, I want the exact dimensions, down to that twist to protect itself from the wind. I want it to be the exact height specified. I also want aoll textures right, even if you have to spend 2,000 or 3,000 hours of your time on this lot, I want a growable Shanghai tower as well as the CO$$$ or R$$$ Landmark.