• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

TE Editor Not Working

Started by dsrwhat316, December 24, 2009, 04:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsrwhat316

I've been using SC4 Tool for years and I just recently  (a month ago) upgraded to Windows 7. I've been running SC4 Tool on Windows 7 perfectly for over a month now. When I opened it today using the TE Editor, this error message comes up:

This appears when I attempt to drag the street (or any transit network) tile from the right column onto the lot. I have the updated FSHLib.dll (0.3.1.32186), on Windows XP compatibility mode and all Aero features turned off. As I said before, I've been running SC4 Tool on Windows 7 for over a month without a problem and now this error comes up out of nowhere. Does anyone know of a solution? Please let me know!

~ Dan

Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

dsrwhat316

Sorry for the double post, but I have an update on the problem.

It seems that only the drag and drop aspect of the TE Editor in SC4 Tool doesn't work. I am still able to right-click the desired tile and add transit that way. Although I can now TE again, I still would like to get to the crux of the problem.

~ Dan

Andreas

I have no idea why it suddenly stopped working - I TE'd a lot just two or three days ago, and drag & drop seemed to work fine (I'm running Win7 64 bit RC). Maybe something you installed lately which could interfere with SC4Tool? What TE Mode are you using, basic or advanced?
Andreas

dsrwhat316

I use both the basic and advanced mode. I tried drag and drop on both modes and the same problem comes up. I did install a couple new BATs, but I removed them and tested the TE Editor again; still the same problem.

~ Dan

null45

Is it running as an Administrator?

It would not be able to write data to areas like Program Files without Administrator privileges.

dsrwhat316

Yes, it is in Administrator mode. Do you think that of the recent Windows Updates could have caused this? I notice that a couple new ones were installed during the time period that the problem arose.

~ Dan

Andreas

Try to check SC4Tool's settings again, maybe something got screwed up there. In my installation, it forgot the path to the plugins folder some weeks ago (not sure why), and I was wondering what went wrong for a while...
Andreas

dsrwhat316

Here's  copy of my system settings:

<settings>
  <data>
    <name>SortierKriterium</name>
    <value>A</value>
  </data>
  <data>
    <name>SortierKriteriumBAT</name>
    <value>A</value>
  </data>
  <data>
    <name>FarbSchema</name>
    <value>Standard</value>
  </data>
  <data>
    <name>SC4Path</name>
    <value>C:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe</value>
  </data>
  <data>
    <name>SC4LocalPath</name>
    <value>C:\Users\Danny\Documents\SimCity 4</value>
  </data>
  <data>
    <name>User</name>
    <value>Standard</value>
  </data>
  <data>
    <name>TL</name>
    <value>4235734432</value>
  </data>
  <data>
    <name>TU</name>
    <value>4235735432</value>
  </data>
  <data>
    <name>StartupProgramm</name>
    <value>0</value>
  </data>
  <data>
    <name>ShowIntro</name>
    <value>False</value>
  </data>
  <data>
    <name>TEModus</name>
    <value>S</value>
  </data>
  <data>
    <name>CreateBackup</name>
    <value>True</value>
  </data>
  <data>
    <name>FormatDate</name>
    <value>yyyy-MM-dd</value>
  </data>
  <data>
    <name>LanguageFiles</name>
    <value>Deutsch.xml!07!0;English.xml!23!1;Dutch.xml!12!0;Portugues.xml!02!0;Castellano.xml!19!0;Suomi.xml!05!0;Italiano.xml!09!0</value>
  </data>
</settings>

I noticed a TE value in the settings. Do you know if this is the proper setting? This sure is becoming a brain teaser!

~ Dan

Andreas

Settings.dat looks ok - "TEModus" is simply Standard (S) or Expert (E) mode.
Andreas