• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Deora`s New York (No,i`m not a Recreation...)

Started by deora, September 14, 2014, 04:36:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

romualdillo

What to say? You're doing a great job with your New York version. The night shots look fantastic, and it's very interesting to look at all the small free spaces in the city: Parking lots, plazas, parks... They make everything look realistic!!  &apls

manga rivotra

Very nice update  &apls
I like specially the details on the construction site on picture '65', and your magnificent urban planning on '89' and '90': the port is particularly beautiful at night. :thumbsup:

art128

The overviews are quite stunning.
I like the sunken rails. And it seems some cars are having fun on that roundabout parking... :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

deora

Thanks a lot everyone,your comments are really apprechiated.
art128:Well,i used the sunken rails and the roundabout Parking to simllate all those holes for Tunnelentrances and Subway Tunnels which were once open to below.These things could be seen in Google Maps and of course i tried to replicate that Look.Especially the Area around ells Kitchen and Hudson Yards lookes like a Cheese with Holes.
Well unil now,because they started using those Gaps to build Houses on it (well,nothing saver than a Subway in the Basement)

manga rivotra:To be honest,this is one of my favorite Pictures of that Session.It shows perfectly the Change everyone`s favorite City is ungergoing.Small Buildings get eaten by massive Development.

romualdillo:Thanks man.Yeah i really enjoy decorating empty spaces and turn them into something you would find in New York.
Empty Lots often end up as a small Parking Lot or even as a Community Garden.And that`s what i tried to do in my Pixelated Version.

c.p.:Yep,the Mix or rate of lower and taller Buildings is what gives a certain Neighborhood the Face everyone knows.Especially in a City like Manhattan you can see this very good.Sure,here and there are some crazy towering Popups.Just take a look at the Block between Queensborough Bridge and Sutton Place.Who placed that awully large Thing?

reddonquixote:Ahhh squeek,good old reddon left a comment in my MD :bnn:
Glad to here you like those Plazas.About the Lighting:I`m experimenting with Mandelsofts LightReplacementMod.
This Mod does indeed improve the Lightning and also adds HD Lights and Trafficlights.
But every Light has it`s Shadow.Lots with Lights placed closely the Area will get overly bright like someone used the brightness of a Soccerstadium Light.I wonder if there is a little "tone down" fix for this...

Speaking of Lights reminds me that somewhere else people mentioned that there are too many Nightlshots and only a few Dayviews.Well you got me on this one.
So i called my favorite Sightseeing Helicopter Pilot to go on another Flight...in bright Daylight (DunDunDun!)

The Riverside with Parks and Walkways

105 Tunnelentry

107 There`s a Hole in my City

111 One World Plaza en Detail

113 Construction for new Office Buildings

114 Several Styles meet together.

115 Historic Row with Baketball Area

116 Lincoln Center

117 Part of Broadway

118 American Museum of Natural History

120 New Yorkers without Coffee?No Way!!!

121 New York Historical Society

122 Overview

And some WIP`s

Liberty Island under Construction:

Region Overview:

art128

Really a wonderful work. The overviews are splendid and so are the closeup shots.

Well New York is indeed a very large cheese with a lot of holes everywhere.  $%Grinno$%
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Vizoria

JP Schriefer

Amzing screenshots! You said it's not a recreation but it's really looking like New York, great job. I submitted 32 Old Slip some weeks ago, it's not so good but maybe can help to your financial district. Keep the great pictures coming :)

manga rivotra

You have superb distant views and I particularly like the 100 and 99 with the small cement path between avenue and the waterfront. It's fit very well with the general environment. &apls

belfastsocrates

Fantastic work. I really like the Hudson riverside and the Intrepid Museum looks excellent.
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

Dantes

Very impressive. The atmosphere in the pictures is reminiscent of New York. I think it's great how you are holding strictly to the grid. I hope you'll be more consistently.