• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AntigOne's Projects: Elsewhere.

Started by Badsim, January 17, 2007, 02:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjig_dudy

It's great to be able to see the development of your LOTs like this  ;)

I totally agree on how the trees make a great improvement to a LOT, and even i can add trees in LE ;D

NikNik

Wow great insight you give us in your work Badsim. A couple of hours with Loteditor to add props  :shocked2: Mind boggling! But the result is awesome. Yeah perfection takes time. And your work nears perfection!

So the nasty RL bug raises its ugly head huh? Well one has to eat from something. It is a pity but Antigone is worth the long wait.

Looking forward to the continuation of your MD.

Nik-Nik

Heinz

hoping you the best of luck at work so we can all enjoy AntigOne more often CHEERS!

Livin in Sim

Hi, Badsim, I have lurked my way through your whole Antigone, and I have been stunned by the beauty and precision of it all.  It is unmistakeably yours, very unusual and imaginative.  I loved the way you brought that original touch to the rural area especially.  Your mountain farm was one of a kind.  I wanted to let you know this before your busy summer.  I know I shall return even just to look again at what is now here.  I hope you don't mind if I kid you a bit, but your work brings to mind something Mae West, a famous American actress from the early days of film, once said.  "When I'm good, I'm very good.  But when I'm Bad, I'm better."

--Liv

Badsim

Quote from: Livin in Sim on March 15, 2007, 01:16:10 AM
I hope you don't mind if I kid you a bit, but your work brings to mind something Mae West, a famous American actress from the early days of film, once said.  "When I'm good, I'm very good.  But when I'm Bad, I'm better."

--Liv

Simply excellent ! ;D ... and Mae West is a legend here too ... :thumbsup:

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

emilin

Very nice work. May I ask if you have transit enabled those Marrast overpasses or if they are just eyecandy?

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

dedgren

Badsim, hi:

More marvelous work, and a great little mini-tutorial on using the "resized" lot trick.  I'd like your permission, if I could, to edit that last just a bit into tutorial form and include it in that section (I say this based on your comment about time- if you would want to yourself, be my guest- just let me know either way).

I'm concluding that MDs are generally either about process or about result.  Sort of like some folks build models because they like the act of building in and of itself while others do it because they want the completed model.  It's not a perfect dichotomy, but I'd class my MDing in the former category (hey, have I ever completed anything?) and AntigOne in the latter.  Everything you do here is so meticulously crafted down to the nth detail, but always on a holistic, "end product oriented" kind of basis.  That's why this MD is such a pleasure to look at- you can come here and see how, in the right hands, things can turn out.

Congrats on everything you've accomplished here.  I'm looking forward to seeing the long-promised ploppable water thread off and on its way this weekend.

Take care.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

kimcar

Too bad you gonna come back only in September . Hope you can past by sometimes. Take care and good luck whaterver your project is . See you ;)

Badsim

Hi ,

emilin About Marrast Overpasses ... I'm not a modding god , really not . I even don't know if it's possible : I failed with SC4 Tool , so far I kept the original Transit enabling : full for railways , partially for avenues .  :(

David More than any permission , you have my benediction ! Firstly I don't feel as owner of anything ; secondly  I have no doubt that you'll do this better than me with my limited vocabulary ... :thumbsup: . Let me just advice you to give a list of the possible uses of "Resized Lots" .
Here another example , you can use these pictures for the tutorial if you want , instead of waste a lot of time to recreate this ...
I used that trick firstly for that issue ; textures under NAM's bridges pieces ...

I've used a rail transit enable Lot which I've extended ...

I hope this will be useful . ;)

You can also consult a little tutorial already made by metasmurf on this subject ( ...quoting me, thanks meta .)LINK

Now , some news of AntiGone ; yesterday I've achieved the first Lot of this update : 5 hours of LotEditing (cause I'm checking  for new props each time I'm downloading some new stuff ...) on the Millenium Dome by Yoder7652 . Yoder , I really don't care about the real size of this BAT , it's excellent as it is , and after the London Eye , Osturland Great Hall , I can say I'm particularly inspired by your creations ! ;D

I don't tell anything about the dependancies list .... $%Grinno$%

To the next .

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

nova vesfalo

as usual , your pictures and work are stunning ! Really love the way the millenium dome is integrated to Antigone  !!!

wouanagaine

Beautiful LOT
I'm pretty sure you're get close to the 256 items limits on that lot !

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Badsim

Quote from: wouanagaine on March 16, 2007, 03:34:10 AM

I'm pretty sure you're get close to the 256 items limits on that lot !

Well , as you seem to be really informed about this, I would like to fix that once for all ... ;D
Cause I'm most often confronted to this rule .
I've read somewhere (probably at Simtropolis ) many time ago , that the limit was about 250 items ( You're already more precise with 256 ) , base textures & overlays included ... that's impossible . Let us take this Lot as example ....

81 base textures , 48 overlays , 38 streetlamps + 38 Peg light cones , 16 cars , 26 benches = already 247 "items" ... and I'm pretty sure there're also about 100 Porkissimo's "rembarde" .And I don't tell about all other props ...

I think that you or barbyW have the response ...so , I WANT TO KNOW ! ;D

kimcar

&apls Great job on this one too .I like what you did with the flora with the tree in the middle. I think i`m gonna still it  ;D Very nice work you always done my friend. See u

Heinz

amazing what you guys know. its overwhelming to see already and to know how to do that kind of editing, wow. no wonder AntigOne looks so beautiful.  &apls

jeronij

I dont recall the number, but there are as many positions as LotConfig properties declarations.... $%#Ninj2
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

wouanagaine

you're right
the property extend from 0x88edc900 to 0x88EDCDFF ( included )  ie 1280 items max

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Badsim

Thank you both jeronij & Wouanagaine ...  :thumbsup:
I'll go to bed a little less stupid , next night . &dance

Giligone

That lot has really come along!! It was great to start with but you've just taken it to the next level with the trees and other props.  :thumbsup:

Will the construction on the Shanghai World Financial Building ever finish into the actual building? hehe

jeronij

Quote from: wouanagaine on March 16, 2007, 06:14:16 AM
you're right
the property extend from 0x88edc900 to 0x88EDCDFF ( included )  ie 1280 items max

I am glad I am right at least once  ::)  ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

bat

wonderful pictures and great lot! :thumbsup: