• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tribute to SAC : Olympia re-uploaded .

Started by Badsim, May 25, 2007, 01:56:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

WoW i could have sworn i commented here before but i guess i havent....

WoW these where some stunning works of Olympia i love the waterfalls...
Thank you badsim for sharing this here... Of SAC's works - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

newyorkrunaway1

i remember when i first started sc4, this was the first cj i ever layed eyes on. it was amazing.... i was so jealous fo the creativity and complexness of the city she created. it seems like so long ago. &apls
"The Unofficial Realism Oracle"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Parkland - Adventures In RealismA CJ | By newyorkrunaway1
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NAUTF | North American Urban Transit Forum (New & Improved)
NashDEV Gallery | Nashville TN USA Gallery (Over 900 Pictures and counting)

Glenni

Looking at this once again, i can obviously see where you got your inspiration from Badsim, your city isn't some city in a extremely hilly area, but it has some certain similarities to it. ;D

Xiziz

These pictures are highly nostalgic, as many others Sac's Olympia was a prime source of inspiration and i followed the CJ from start to end, even if lurking at first. Il check if ive got any pictures left on my computer later.

This should definatly be considerd one of the seven wonders of the ancient simworld.

M4346

God this is amazing! She did more with what she had back then than I have ever done with ALL we have now!  :o
HUGE Applause to her!  &apls &apls

I wonder if she's still around in the shadows, and if yes, I wonder what she must think of and do with the content available today!
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

SAC

Oh my God!!!

Finding this, by pure coincidence might I add, really made me blush! I feel soo honored although I truly believe there have been lots of other SC4 cities out there way better than my "Olympia"!  But again, many thanks for this "tribute" of yours.  I really appreciate it!  :)

And don't worry, all my SC4 stuff, including Olympia of course, is safely preserved along with all screenies ever posted - and not posted at all.  I've been promising a new site as a replacement for the "old Gothia" site a long time ago, but due to real life issues it hasn't been any progress whatsoever.  It is however funny to find this as I only a couple of days ago registered the domain "www.simuscape.com" which is intended to be my future site for stuff related to city building games.  SimuScape is short for Simulation Scape, which is what it's all about. I still own the previously intented domain, "www.cityscape.se", but that will never be used.  SimuScape is the one to look out for - whenever that may be!  ;D  No promises just to be on the safe side, but it'll contain custom content for games such as SC2, SC3, SC4, The Sim's, Transport Tycoon DLX, (my INFRA set), Tropico, Civilization II, and so on.  Lots of files to be honest - and a lot of work too! 

Anyways, just wanted to let you know that I've been thinking of "dusting" off my SC4 game for awhile now and give it ago again.  It should be exciting as there are lots of new files availabe to work with.  But again, as soon as real life permits.  I've been having an eye out for the new SCS, but I'm not sure I like it.  While it's not a sequel to any of the SC-games released so far, it doesn't seem to be a game I'd enjoy myself.  Still, I haven't tried it so it's difficult to tell.  There is another upcoming City Building game out there which in my opinion looks more promising. I believe it's the same developer behind CityLife - yet another game I haven't tried out.  Well, we'll see!

As for Olympia though, while it was a terrific city to work with it also was a difficult one. The terrain itself offered tasks that were time consuming to say the least, and working with the infrastructure gave me head aches over and over again.  Placing all those bridges and tunnels, developing european styled housing areas, while at the same time running a "Bus Production Factory", (I'm sure some of you still have buses "manufactured" by the Bus Factory in Olympia, running in your SC4 cities! ;D), taking orders from everywhere.  I can't believe I could find the time to do all of that!  Well, it was fun!

Again, many thanks for your kind words. It was a very nice surprise to find this, and I'm feeling very honored to be highlighted in such a way!

Cheers!  ;D

SAC 

Pat

OMG a real legend walks among us!!! SAC welcome back and welcome to Devotions!!! I so cant wait for you to bring www.simuscape.com online and to get all and i do mean alll of your great custom stuff and anything new you may have.... Again SAC its Honor to see you around and to be able to tell you this that the stuff you have done is still stunning and i think i might have one or 2 nock off of your work but, like i said i cant wait to get the original stuff... Hope to see you around more - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Ennedi

Hello SAC,

It's a honour and great pleasure to meet you here, as Badsim showed in his great presentation, your work was really a great inspiration for many SC4 players. I'm highly impressed by your lot editing, I saw your "Bus Production Factory" too :thumbsup:, but the most interesting thing for me was your work with the terrain (very courageous I must say!). And even more interesting for me, how great effects you achieved arranging the terrain in your cities!

There is a lot of potential on this site, and it's a fantastic information you are interested in it. I hope you will find some interesting things for you too, and you will have some pleasure to visit us here  :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

vester

Hi SAC

You just stole the picture from Badsim :P

Good to see you still around.

Badsim: That is great looking city you got going there.

Badsim

Oh god, speak about a cardiac acceleration .... I can't believe it SAC , I can't ... sorry can't add anything right now , that's too much .

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

rooker1

Good to see you here Sac, it now makes the presentation that Badsim did all that much better.  Your work is a great inspiration and give one alot to think about.  Great job, great pics and awesome ideas.

&apls &apls &apls &apls

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

jeronij

Quote from: SAC on November 18, 2007, 05:26:08 PM
Oh my God!!!

Finding this, by pure coincidence might I add, really made me blush! I feel soo honored although I truly believe there have been lots of other SC4 cities out there way better than my "Olympia"!  But again, many thanks for this "tribute" of yours.  I really appreciate it!  :)

And don't worry, all my SC4 stuff, including Olympia of course, is safely preserved along with all screenies ever posted - and not posted at all.  I've been promising a new site as a replacement for the "old Gothia" site a long time ago, but due to real life issues it hasn't been any progress whatsoever.  It is however funny to find this as I only a couple of days ago registered the domain "www.simuscape.com" which is intended to be my future site for stuff related to city building games.  SimuScape is short for Simulation Scape, which is what it's all about. I still own the previously intented domain, "www.cityscape.se", but that will never be used.  SimuScape is the one to look out for - whenever that may be!  ;D  No promises just to be on the safe side, but it'll contain custom content for games such as SC2, SC3, SC4, The Sim's, Transport Tycoon DLX, (my INFRA set), Tropico, Civilization II, and so on.  Lots of files to be honest - and a lot of work too! 

Anyways, just wanted to let you know that I've been thinking of "dusting" off my SC4 game for awhile now and give it ago again.  It should be exciting as there are lots of new files availabe to work with.  But again, as soon as real life permits.  I've been having an eye out for the new SCS, but I'm not sure I like it.  While it's not a sequel to any of the SC-games released so far, it doesn't seem to be a game I'd enjoy myself.  Still, I haven't tried it so it's difficult to tell.  There is another upcoming City Building game out there which in my opinion looks more promising. I believe it's the same developer behind CityLife - yet another game I haven't tried out.  Well, we'll see!

As for Olympia though, while it was a terrific city to work with it also was a difficult one. The terrain itself offered tasks that were time consuming to say the least, and working with the infrastructure gave me head aches over and over again.  Placing all those bridges and tunnels, developing european styled housing areas, while at the same time running a "Bus Production Factory", (I'm sure some of you still have buses "manufactured" by the Bus Factory in Olympia, running in your SC4 cities! ;D), taking orders from everywhere.  I can't believe I could find the time to do all of that!  Well, it was fun!

Again, many thanks for your kind words. It was a very nice surprise to find this, and I'm feeling very honored to be highlighted in such a way!

Cheers!  ;D

SAC 

Hello SAC

Regardless what you may do in the future, what you did in the past well deserves this humble thread and more  ;) . Finally I have the ocassion to thank you personally for your inspiring work. You really showed me the way to play  :thumbsup:

I am really glad to see you here, and I just can wish you the best in all your simulation related projects  ;D

Again thanks for Olympia  :thumbsup:
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

ObladiOblada

Great Pictures!!!!
Can someone say where i can get this kingdom tower which i used there?

Badsim

OK , I'm better . :D

Time to show a few others pictures about SAC's capacities years ago ... SAC playing SC3K ... on another planet .

The only thing ( except your busses  ) I've got from Olympia is the Radio Broadcast Tower ( available at simtropolis , uploaded by someone else ...) , I never used it but just kept it in my plugins like a fetish object : my "Inspiration Broadcast Tower " !  :D

Your come back in any way would be a great event for the whole SC4 community ; whatever are your projects   , I wish ardently they come true  . :sunny:

@ObladiOblada , the Kingdom Tower is available ... on the official simcity.com stock exchange .

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

RippleJet

Tack SAC för Olympia! &apls
& Merci Badsim for capturing and saving a huge piece of SC4 history in this thread! :thumbsup:

SAC

Well, you're all to kind but whatever I am, I am certainly not a legend.  I'm just a simple fan of the city building genre such as yourselves.  No more, no less!  But thanks for your very kind words though!  They're very warming!  :)

On another note, don't expect me to jump back onto the SC4 train too soon.  RL is a very annoying fact to me, and while I do have engaged myself in several different projects since I left the SC4 scene, none of them have lasted for a particular long time.  Unfortunately that's how things works.  &mmm

Also, quite fun to see some of my older SC3K stuff posted.  I so happen to have a folder on my desktop with a bunch of screenies from that era, and couldn't help myself showcasing a few of them.  It's not SC4 but at least they're showing my last work for SC3K before I abandonded the game for - SimCity 4;

Masochist

Quote from: SAC on November 19, 2007, 04:12:11 PM
Well, you're all to kind but whatever I am, I am certainly not a legend.  I'm just a simple fan of the city building genre such as yourselves.  No more, no less!  But thanks for your very kind words though!  They're very warming!  :)

Hmmm...from what I've read in this thread, your statement would have about the same meaning if jeronij or paletexan said it...but of course, no one knows who those guys are...:P

This is my first look at your work, but it seems you have been an inspiration for quite a few people, including some of the greats of the current day, and that, I believe, is enough to make you a legend....;)

That, and the fact that your work is beautiful!  I don't think I've ever seen such an integration of hilly/mountainous terrain used so well as I see in your pictures :thumbsup:!

(Under Construction)

mikeseith

SAC was my inspiration during the SC3K years.  Some of her best stuff I think.  I love your work SAC and can't wait to see some of your Infra stuff released for transport tycoon. 

Wow, those SC3K pictures bring back memories...good stuff.

Kitsune

That city is amazing, prolly the best I've ever seen. Some of the views are just jaw dropping, and the custom content looks to be must have. Am I correct in assuming the majority of the city was built before or at the early stages of the NAM?
~ NAM Team Member

Pat

SAC Bravo those are most awesome Pics from sc3k  &apls :thumbsup: &apls