• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Sithlrd98 Mods and stuff

Started by sithlrd98, September 18, 2008, 07:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sithlrd98

Quote from: buddybud on February 08, 2009, 12:34:35 PM
HI jayson.

The moving trees and the leaves you are having problem with are most likely rendered off center. IF you made flippable props out of these trees like i showed before this will happen. Essentially you have to make new unique props by copying them and giving them a new instance. Then re-center them. It can be done but honestly don't remember how. Do a look around for info. If you can't find any pm me and i'll see what i can find. If you take that route you will need permission to alter whomever's tree's those are.
  As for the sidewalks i talked to smoncrie about that. The sidewalks are totally plausible but only for flat tiles or sloped tiles...not tiles bent diagonally. I'm working on that at the moment

Cheers. this last bunch looks great.

Thanks for the info , I was pretty sure it was because of them being offset. I had already assigned the props that I wanted to use a unique ID , so I knew that wasn't my problem. It will be a shame if I can't find a way to make these work because they are very well done props , but if it comes to re-rendering , etc , I really don't know if PK would grant the rights and , for some reason I can't even remember his galley web site address.
I'm not sure what you mean by "The sidewalks are totally plausible but only for flat tiles or sloped tiles...not tiles bent diagonally."

Jayson

buddybud

hi there...

The models don't have to be re-rendered...but you would have to copy the prop, alter and redistribute it. So you would still want permission. The placement could simply be altered using the lotconfig in the flipped lot to adjust where it sits. As for the leaves i have no idea but in reality leaves seldom end up on your own lawn!!! lol. Let me know if you need help repositioning the props.

QuoteI'm not sure what you mean by "The sidewalks are totally plausible but only for flat tiles or sloped tiles...not tiles bent diagonally.

Presntly the props i'm using are 1 solid tile. Like any prop it won't bend to suit it's terrain. Because the far curves conform to slope my present sidewalk solution would only work on flat ground. There may be a solution as seen at the end of my Attempts thread...but it's aways from being implemented. I'll keep you informed.

Bud

sithlrd98

Gotcha! OK , the problem with just altering the lotconfig properties is this: with the exception of the avenue curves , all of the pieces have "mirrored" textures, I have attempted to compensate by adjusting the "kPropertyID_FlipsAllowed" but that doesn't seem to work so , I can do the trees and the lights (except for one that likes to flip every which way) and just avoid the leaves.****Please forgive me if this is not what you mean****** I am just curious as to why Shadow Assasins PK street/road mod isn't exhibiting the same problem. As far as the sidewalks , I totally understand what you are saying...amazing huh? :D Thanks for all your input ,and I'm gonna try and see if I can get a hold of PK.

Jayson

sithlrd98

I have e-mailed Eric (Porkissimo) and have asked for his permission to re-distribute his props. I hope he says OK!

Jayson

Dark_Jedi06

I think you know my feelings already on your amazing work... ;D

As far as the T21 Props go, I prefer the curves without them personally. That way I can go through the tedious and obnoxious process of creating a LOT to overhang the curve with all the props I want on it, of course you have to lower the graphics setting, exit, reboot and change the graphics setting, and then exit again. :P

Once again, thank you for your work on these. :satisfied:
...this space to be filled soon...

sithlrd98

Dark_Jedi06 , tried it once and decided that I would rather fail multiple times to do these , than to try that again :)

OK, here is the question that I hope can be answered. Since I have been asked by a few members , I am going to Atempt to create a Alternate rail set , for the FARR , STR , and the new darker rails that David has done. I am looking to you to help decide on what texture to use , but keep in mind , texture creation isn't my forte' . Whichever texture that is used , I'm sure would have to be granted permission (I think) for these. This will be my first attempt at doing something like this , as the rails aren't gonna be done like the roads and avenues were , meaning the base won't be "blocky" but instead flow with the rail curvature. I think I have an idea for how to create these , but any additional help is always appreciated.

Jayson

Dark_Jedi06

So you're essentially going to texture the rail curves so they flow seamlessly, and they won't be blocky? Hell, I'd settle for the blocky texture! :D So if you're initial plan doesn't succeed keep that one in mind... ;)

Just kidding. :P

As for the texture to use, I'd prefer to see the NOB grass used, though I'd settle for anything really. ;D
...this space to be filled soon...

girlfromverona

Sounds like an awesome idea, Jayson. I hope you manage to pull it off!  ;D

Personally I'd prefer the low-wealth grass (texture ID: 0x35ea4100/0x35ea4150). I think it's a Maxis creation, so you wouldn't need to get permission to use it.

Swamper77

Quote from: girlfromverona on February 12, 2009, 09:33:40 PM
Sounds like an awesome idea, Jayson. I hope you manage to pull it off!  ;D

Personally I'd prefer the low-wealth grass (texture ID: 0x35ea4100/0x35ea4150). I think it's a Maxis creation, so you wouldn't need to get permission to use it.

That ID is one of SimGoober's.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

girlfromverona

Quote from: Swamper77 on February 12, 2009, 09:34:43 PM
That ID is one of SimGoober's.

Ah. Well, it's one I use a lot, so thanks, SimGoober!  :D

Another similar texture is 0x252b1000. Not sure whose that one is...

Swamper77

Quote from: girlfromverona on February 12, 2009, 09:40:31 PM
Ah. Well, it's one I use a lot, so thanks, SimGoober!  :D

Another similar texture is 0x252b1000. Not sure whose that one is...

That one IS a Maxis texture :D

-Swamper
Pagan and Proud!

FrankU

I am one of those who raised the question in the first place.
I was looking for a texture that looks more or less like PEG's rail dirt mod. So I asked PEG, but he suggested to ask it the NAM people over here.

So, my question stays.

Swamper77

Quote from: FrankU on February 14, 2009, 06:08:15 AM
I am one of those who raised the question in the first place.
I was looking for a texture that looks more or less like PEG's rail dirt mod. So I asked PEG, but he suggested to ask it the NAM people over here.

So, my question stays.

Unfortunately for you, there isn't such a mod available for the NAM's Wide Radius Curves. Someone will have to make it, but it won't be me. I have no network texturing skills whatsoever. I only deal with vehicles and their textures.

-Swamper
Pagan and Proud!

sithlrd98

FrankU , the PEG texture is gonna be one of them , although for some reason I can't seem to find the full texture ...I thought it was one in the MTP textures pack , but I can't find it.

I am also leaning towards one by the SFBT,not at my home computer so I can't remember the ID. I presently have extracted all of the rail textures and will start "model matching" the bases so they will be the same as the originals. Then the fun starts! I am hoping that I will have something to show shortly , and depending on how difficult this is , will depend on how many variations.There is a lot of rail textures , and David keeps churning out more (loving every new piece!),so this may be a while before completed. Thanks for the suggestions,and the kind words!

Jayson

Simpson

My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

Sciurus

Very good pics, and with Prokissimo's trees, it's fantastic! :o
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

sithlrd98

FrankU

Jayson,

I am not too picky. I am definitely not able to do this work myself. I also don't have very much I can add to the custom content on this site. So I guess I will be thankful for anything that is produces by you or all the other productive people.
Meaning: I will be happy with every acceptable texture that does the job. I will gladly jump in the discussion and exchange ideas. For the rest, I will wait and see.
Thank you in advance.

Edit:
While I was typing you posted the two pictures above.

My reaction: It could be my monitor, but both textures look a bit greenish or transparentish to me. I'd like them a bit more brown/muddish/sandish. But otherwise the frayed edges are very good. Of course you notices the repetition of the PEG texture yourself already; that is not too beautiful.

sithlrd98

Is this a little better?

I'm really trying to find a good base , I'm still looking.This one is Pegs 0x1DA44355

Jayson

sithlrd98

OK,shoot me for the double but I did the FARR smooth curve.....

This is more or less so that I can see how it will look. I don't know much about photoshop , etc. so I am pretty much guessing when creating each alpha and thats why it isn't perfect.

Jayson