• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Casper's Concepts

Started by CasperVg, January 05, 2008, 04:55:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CasperVg

Something I've been tinkering with as of late..

Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

WC_EEND

Reminds me of pretty much every street in Belgium  :D
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

Jack_wilds

hey casperVg,

construction zone is a neat idea... ;)  :thumbsup:  any news concerning the private school and the gazebo  %confuso or are those on a shelf for now  %confuso at any rate, good ideas worth exploring and expanding on  :-\

Jack 8-)

MattyFo

I love that consturction site.  Would be great for MD's, especially those "road geek" MDs, such as Tarkus' "Tarkusian Cities".  It would be neat to have these at custom lengths so that an entire stretch of avenue can be closed down.

!!!!GO HABS GO!!!!

spa

Nice idea. One small problem, some of the cars are pointing the wrong way. I have used Cycledogg's props extensively and I know the prop family for the cars has a mix of vehicles oriented front and back (I'm guessing that's how you've ended up with some pointing in the wrong direction). You could of course ditch the prop family and plop down all the vehicles as stand alone items. If, however, you wanted to keep the random factor that prop families give, you could create two new prop families out of Cycledogg's vehicles that divide the cars by which way they're pointing. Either solution would solve the problem.

joelyboy911

Perhaps it would be good to network-enable it with the paths of the avenue to road transition?

Also, I think it would look good with some traffic cones?

Otherwise it looks great with the props so far. Very nice.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

CasperVg

Hey all, it's been awhile - felt like lotting again today and decided to try my luck at a farm again.. here's the result:

All very temporary of course - and I'm not sure about the farmer's house - does it look out of place?

Casper

threestooges

The house looks a bit out of place. It's a bit ornate for the area, and it's strange to see such a narrow house with two stories there when there's plenty of land to work with. The rest of the lot looks good though. The perimeter hedge looks a bit fancy for a farm lot, but it works to define the garden there. I also like the parking lot near the house there. Great touch.

Oh yeah, good to see you lotting again.
-Matt

supremec

Click on the banner to see my BATs

FrankU

Hi Casper,

Nice to see you lotting again. The farm is the size and concept of what I am planning to do as a stage 5 farm in my Dutch Farm Lots Set. You might take a look in my thread for the first three stages I have finished already.
Anyway: you plan a different kind of look. I'd say: the farm house is out of place indeed: why tow stories while there is plenty of room? Also the turkey barns should have some fences and turkeys walking around. When I understand Simgoobers bat correctly the small thingys in the sides of the barns are exits for the turkeys to walk in free air. I also think a farm this size needs some more silos for food and some storage for machinery.

CasperVg

Had some spare-time so decided to continue working on the avenue construction lot I was doing awhile ago. Still a lot of things that require changes (some flashlights missing, etc.). Also some cars are indeed facing the wrong way (problem with c.p.'s car prop family).

Day:

Night:

Would anyone be interested in doing some accurate TE'ing for this lot? (eg. have the SC4 automata drive correctly?) All I can do is make it connect to some OWRs (and even that didn't really work out, as shown in the pics ::))

Hope you like it, all comments are appreciated!

Sciurus

Excellent but some cars are not in the good direction ::) Are they drunk? :D

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

FrankU

Hi Casper,

This kind of lots make a realistic city. It's very nice.
If you cannot use CP's prop families, you can make your own or use the alternative to prop families. have a look a this tutorial:
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=5350.0

supremec

Wow! That's looking amazing  &apls
Click on the banner to see my BATs

Girafe

looks really interesting,   &apls &apls

the night lights are made with glare option?
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Aaron Graham

-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

Jack_wilds

Quote from: Aaron Graham on August 04, 2011, 11:52:37 AM
Wow that is so cool. :D

I second the sentiment...
its a concept that is worth pursuing further, looking forward to its LEX release  :thumbsup:

Deionn

Nice lotting, I'm a fan of lotting myself. A quick suggestion, Orange in his proppack has cars and vehicles that are at a 22.5 degree angle which wouldn't be so sharp and I think would be perfect for changing lanes on this lot.

CasperVg

Given the fact there was so much positive response, I decided to work on it some more today.

I mainly worked on the detailing:
- added some work area road signs (from this excellent pack of French signs by Girafe - some even light up at night!)
- switched c.p.'s cars over to Orange's car props (thanks for the tip Deionn!)
- fixed the (temporary) TE'ing

@Girafe: actually the poles I used are not nightlighted at all - the red glare is a Maxis effect that flickers at night (so the lights actually go off and on)

FrankU