• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Team's Super Special Thread for the month of November!!

Started by rooker1, November 01, 2012, 04:17:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike3775

Quote from: jondor on November 09, 2012, 12:13:53 AM
To give you guys a little bit of an idea of what I've been up to:  I just delivered the NAM Team a (nearly) complete set of RHW models of every network RHW-2 all the way up to RHW-12S and 10C at L0-L2 (and L3 and L4 where applicable) including each and every network crossing each and every other network; Maxis, GLR, HSR, RAM, RHW, and NWM (with some minor exceptions to be filled in at a later date) OxO, OxD, DxO and DxD.

13.6 megabytes after compression, 16320 models in all.  Thankfully, only the first set and the base pieces for each network were compiled by hand.  The rest were generated programmatically in Java.

you are awesome

Wiimeiser

Using a formula to generate variations...
I knew there was a trick to it.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

noahclem

Great work! I still can't get over how nice those smooth curves look. It would be fantastic to see the same wider curves programmed for RHW-4  ::)  Would there normally be a small gap between the viaducts like that (irl)?

Gugu3

Nice nice nice!!!!!!I agree with Noah...if the same was possible for RHW4 that would be amazing...just one question...can another netwod under the curve section or not? ;)
Very nice anyway &apls
Gugu3

sunv123

Can't wait when this project finally comes out, just look at these things on this thread!  ()stsfd()

Man, ERHW 10, 6, and 8 all with smooth curves, feels like a Christmas present by the way things are going right now.

Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

Monorail Master

That just looks awesome!!!!!  :o

Quote from: Tarkus on November 08, 2012, 11:09:28 PM
Just when you thought you had seen it all . . .

-Alex

You took the words right out of my mouth. That statement summarized my weekend because I suffered a magnitude 4.3 earthquake Saturday at my house in Campbell County, Tennessee (~40 miles N. from Knoxville, along I-75 corridor). I'm ok, but I still can't believe that I suffered my 1st earthquake, "Now I've seen everything" summarizes my weekend.

But anyways, all of these elevated networks looks awesome!!! I can't wait for the release :D
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

Tarkus

Quote from: noahclem on November 12, 2012, 05:31:19 AM
Would there normally be a small gap between the viaducts like that (irl)?

Vince designed the original ERHW-6C spec with that gap.  I believe it was so you could see the network underneath on underpasses, a way of visually checking to make sure the overrides worked.

Also, since Project 57 is also apparently a nuclear test, involving . . . shall we say, "secret weapons"?  Enjoy . . .

http://www.youtube.com/v/xMZpEGNP5qc

Full HD link: http://youtu.be/xMZpEGNP5qc

-Alex

ivo_su

Quote from: Tarkus on November 12, 2012, 12:15:39 PM

Vince designed the original ERHW-6C spec with that gap.  I believe it was so you could see the network underneath on underpasses, a way of visually checking to make sure the overrides worked.

Also, since Project 57 is also apparently a nuclear test, involving . . . shall we say, "secret weapons"?  Enjoy . . .

http://www.youtube.com/v/xMZpEGNP5qc

Full HD link: http://youtu.be/xMZpEGNP5qc

-Alex

Wow very nice

I am extremely happy to see that the work is already done and the first secret weapons. Keep it up Alex, the more you show us, the happier we feel. I can not boast jondor's perfect for his discovery on recreating new models. I guess they could easily be used for ENWM in the near future, will only need to change textures and paths. Can you say that you already have an alpha build 5 or still too early for that?

vortext

:o

The level of awesomeness has just been raised, from L1 to L2!  :P
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

io_bg

Wow... this is insanely good! The next RHW is sure to be awesome...
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

jondor

Quote from: noahclem on November 12, 2012, 05:31:19 AM
Great work! I still can't get over how nice those smooth curves look. It would be fantastic to see the same wider curves programmed for RHW-4  ::)  Would there normally be a small gap between the viaducts like that (irl)?

Thanks! ;)  It took quite a lot of calculations to get that all put together.  All of the curve models were done geometrically using nothing but Excel and the Reader.

Here's a wireframe shot of an early version of the ground level 6C in the Reader:

The early draft seen here was intended to use overlays for the dashes, until I came up with a better UV-mapping that uses nothing but a single, full-width orthogonal texture.  Tricky, but the end result was well worth it.
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

sunv123

So this means that you can make ERHW 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, but what about RHW 3? Is that possible?

Great work on this project!
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

figui

&apls

loved that secret weapon #1

you are doing a completely awesome work!
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

Tarkus

Quote from: sunv123 on November 12, 2012, 01:40:31 PM
So this means that you can make ERHW 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, but what about RHW 3? Is that possible?

Great work on this project!

From back on page 1 of this thread . . . ;)

-Alex

Kitsune

oh nice... no longer having to fiddle through a million + height transitions just to miss it and have to do it again is going to be a time saver. Curious though - are we going to be able to run rhw-related networks under l1 to l2 etc transitions?
~ NAM Team Member

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Kitsune on November 12, 2012, 03:11:29 PM
Curious though - are we going to be able to run rhw-related networks under l1 to l2 etc transitions?

That question's been brought up in our private discussions, and my guess is that they will likely not for this release cycle.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

pagenotfound

those wide elevated RHWs are looking really awesome!  :thumbsup:
Im back baby! Everybody do the Bendah!

jdenm8

Quote from: Kitsune on November 12, 2012, 03:11:29 PM
Curious though - are we going to be able to run rhw-related networks under l1 to l2 etc transitions?

As far as I am aware, not in this build. However, the way they have been designed allows us to implement this functionality in the future.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley