• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Blackwater (with Islas Gemas)

Started by emilin, January 25, 2007, 10:56:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CabraBuitre

Looks great!  It's quite a different styled CJ than most out there, can't wait to see what else you've got to show us!!

Check out Abelfarei!

jeronij

emilin, I have to say I have enjoy all and every one picture in this CJ. My friend, thanks for a pleasant and relaxing moment after a difficult day  :thumbsup:
You made a great overall work, and specially with the slopes  ;)
Excellent. Way to go  ;D

Btw, where do you spend your holidays... Greece ?¿...because I am sure you are not inspired by your own country for this  :D
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

sloppet

Very impressive!
I really like the pics from your region, they are really fantastic!
Zafiro is a great place to live, big time!
And I can say for sure that this will be one of those CJ's that will change my view on the game!

Regards,
sloppet  &sly

&sly <- Ok, now this is a great one!

KooriSim123

Great start on the MD emilin i particularly like the array of colour you present in your shots great stuff  &apls :thumbsup: Looking forward to future updates
Strong,Black and deadly
My brothers keeper

Yoman

Are you making a port for this one too  :thumbsup:

Rayden

Nice jobe Emilin, can't wait to see more of it. The map is impressive and very well done, which doesn't surprise me at all, as it has the NHP signature. ;) Keep it up man. :)

Air6

Very nice pics. It's different... and I really like it !

emilin

Dedication: wouanagaine – for an excessive amount of incredible mods in general, and for the LotInfoGenerator in particular, maybe the most usefull mod ever.

[Note on dedications: I thought it would be nice to dedicate each update to some member of the SC4 community that has had an influence on the creation of this MD in big or small ways. It's just my way of saying thanks!]

Personal replies:

First, let me say that I am overwhelmed with the respons I have gotten, and extremly gratefull for the warm welcome Islas Gemas has recieved here. I hope you will enjoy the continuing development of the islands.

dedgren: Thank you! But don't make that call just yet, hehe...

rw0381c: Thanks! Hispanic, or rather Spanish actually, with a hint of Northafrican is what I'm going for.

Fred_Ginger: Hehe... thanks for visiting and welcome back anytime!

Serkanner: Thanks a lot! And summer is a long time away sadly, but it'll probably come faster to your country than mine.

bat: Thanks!

sebes: Thanks! I don't mind the slummy look actually, but I think the Vyz. grows to easily. It's like weed. Funny you should say "nordic" by the way, you just wait untill I show the Finnish row houses I used in some other areas. Strange enough, but they fit perfectly. :)

DebussyMan: Ooooohhh... thanks a lot! I have downloaded every single thing you ever batted, I think. Awesome and very unique stuff! Now I really feel the pressure.

CabraBuitre: Thanks! A lot of it will be in the same style, but I will try not to repeat myself to much.

jeronij: Thanks a bunch! That really means a lot, especially coming from the slope MASTER himself. I struggled hard with the slopes, and without the slopemod on the LEX I would never have been able to do anything like it. And I have a tendency to travel south, that is correct. But mostly to Spain, actually, and mostly in winter time.  :satisfied:

sloppet: Thanks! That's more than I'm aiming for really, but thanks.

KooriSim123: Thank you, and thank DebussyMan and Cycledogg for the colours.

Yoman: More like eight ports, but only one real industrial port, hehe...

Rayden: Thank you! NHP are my new heroes. They make awesome maps, and some of the most brilliant mods I have ever seen.  &apls

Air6: Thank you!

"Fixing" Vallo Corte
(more thoughts on the NoMaxisMod, and bonus port pics for Yoman)

OK, as I showed you in my last update I was having trouble eleminating all Maxis buildings despite the NoMaxisMod.

And, though DuskTrooper may be king of the mods, he is NOT king of the readmes :)

I'm guessing my problems derives from some conflict issue, and I thought I would try to remove a very old version of PloppModFinal that just kept cluttering my LM menu, and I stopped using a long time ago anyway. It was just a feeling I got, but it turned out to be right on the spot (or halfright, anyway...).

Removing the PloppMod instantly stopped all residential and commercial Maxis buildings from growing, but not the industrial ones. And it also caused a lot of buildings to dissapear, leaving only the ground textures and props left on the lots. But it made it possible to rebuild the little fishing village with only custom content.

Her you can clearly see the empty former Maxis lots (and I remind you that ALL the lots were grown, not plopped!):

Well, no biggy! Just tear it all down:

And rebuild it with nothing but shanties and mobile homes (just the way I wanted it):

The same issue had also effected the industrial area:

And I though for a moment that I might keep the car trashing facility, because I like the BAT so much, but it wasn't really what I was wanted for this area so everything had to go:

Then I made a custom sized 4x4 lot (ctrl+drag):

And let it grow...

...another MAXIS lot?????

I just can't figure this out right now... but on the other hand I always liked that particualr Maxis building so I'll let it stay like that for a while.

I continued so zone some more like this:

Fast initial growth (of more Maxis content):

And the finished area (that I think looks a lot better now, but it still annoys me that I can't block those dirty industries):

----------

While I was at it I also added a small village further up in the mountains:

And a closer look:

----------

And since Yoman asked about the port status, I'll through in two bonus pictures. First, the half finished harbour of Puerto Rico (with customized NOB port and CSX props that I edited myself):

And the harbour of Topaz (which has a lovely little Arabic cantina added to it):

That's all folks, thank you and good night!

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

bat

Wonderful update! Great industrial areas! :thumbsup:

Rayden

Great update Emilin. I love the fishing village and the small town up on the hills. What are those building there,  they reminde me those small south-american mountain villages or small mexican (maya) ones. And on the fishing village, it's amazing how small one tile lots look so great sometimes. ;)

NikNik

Fantastic work Emilin!

I love the map of the islands. It will be a very challenging CJ to build that is for sure, but judging from the pictures so far, you know what you are doing. WOW!

Strange thing that No-Maxis MOD. I prefer to use the TilesetMod by Tolomar as it puts all Maxis builings in the Chicago tileset. This allows me to still enjoy some of the Maxis Buildings such as that dirty industry you grew.

Nik-Nik

Grneyes

I really like this MD!! It's very ethnic and beautiful. I have never seen an island region before so it is interesting to watch one be developed. Great job so far!  &apls  :thumbsup:

dedgren

Emil, what an update.  I've always wondered about the various "No Maxis" mods, but was always hesitant to try one- you've certainly blazed the trail for me.  Thanks.

I really, really like the Topaz port pic.  It captures that Mediterranean "boats dragged up on the beach" look perfectly.

Looking at the pic, though, made me wonder about the texture under the boat alongside the quay.

Can that texture be removed in the Reader?  I've never fiddled with underwater stuff, but it seems to work perfectly well on land.  If you've futzed with this and have any insight (or any of you IG readers out there, for that matter), let me know.  It would seem like a simple thing to do, it it works.

Great stuff!

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

emilin

Two quick things:

RayDen: The houses you are refering to are frogface's slumkit (found on STEX).

dedgren: That is the basetile for the custom lot with Peg's scow placed on it. It becomes visible because the base of the scow is smaller than one tile. I think it can probably only be removed by rebatting the scow in one of two ways: either like the green and red bouys found on STEX or like Cobb's "floating village", ie let them conect directly to the sea floor, or like the CDK kit with the ship "hanging over" from the port side. In either way, I'm not competent to do it.

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

jacqulina

this is wonderfull work you have done

nedalezz

I can definitely appreciate all the hours that must have gone into making that fishing village; not the worry though, the results are definitely worth it. Great update.

thundercrack83

Very good work! Your port facilities look fantastic!

your_adress_here

I love this MD! I've always been a fan of building on Islands, so I can't wait to see how this turns out!
Bookah!

HabLeUrG

WOW, didn't see your MD before, is awesome!!! you are using this map very well  :thumbsup:

Edit: Excelente trabajo en todo!  $%Grinno$%

dedgren

Emil, heh!

QuoteIn either way, I'm not competent to do it.

And my guess is you are three or four times as competent as I am, so as between the two of us...

...it's hopeless.

Maybe some LOT/BAT God will happen along and rescue us here.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax