• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

TTC's Challenge 4

Started by TheTeaCat, May 01, 2009, 10:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTeaCat

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

TheTeaCat

These are the Directives posted for Raydens challenge whose Southern half of the region in now under TTC that's Teacat Total Control

Quote from: TheTeaCat on May 02, 2009, 05:25:04 AM
Your Attention Please.
The South is now under  TTC (Teacat Total Control)

Please construct the following in tile G

A.  You are asked to build a Powerstation/plant, or anything that will be able to sustain a small town with electrical energy in a strategical location. Choose the location well, according to your future downtown or town center.
As  mayor you don't have to worry  about any kind of possible pollution, practical access, costs of maintenance and of course of efficiency. It should supply electricity for 25,000 to 45,000 simhomes and it should look like it does.
No nuclear plants or something that big, ok?! We don't want to let the north know we have the capability yet! $%Grinno$%

So, you must build a power/energy plant or whatever thing that delivers electricity or any other form of energy to your future town now, whether it is one lot/BAT or a combination of several lots together or independently plopped, no matter how and where. You decide the most logical place for it to be. This powerstation will supply the South only.
Then you will hire  simworkers to take care of and maintain it and making sure that they have a place to stay nearby.

B.  Then another thing that is as important, if not more important, is the watersource. Clean, pure and fresh water for your sims. The way you get it is up to you. Again, you can use one BAT/Lot or a combination of several together, whether they are or are not water delivering lots but as long as they look like it. again cost is of no relevance here either.
Then you will hire  simworkers to take care of and maintain it and making sure that they have a place to stay nearby.

Maximum size of this town/village to be 5,000 sims

C Please provide all civic services as and when required or asked for in the workers town too.

D Under no circumstances build a mayors mansion without submitting reasonable reasons/plans
   for the present the mayor can live in normal housing.

Recap of this challenge

• Power source to be built
    • Water Source to be built
    • Small town to support (max size 5,000)
    • No mayors Mansion Reward to be built
    • All this to be worked on in Tile G

Further Directives will be forthcoming.

:satisfied:
    TTC

Now lets see what JMeyers has in store for me :D :D
    Fancy a cuppa Mr. Meyers?

:satisfied:
    TTC[/list]
    Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
    "Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"

jmyers2043

Tile i  . . . Independence seems to be undeveloped. Excellent! Behold the New Independence!

Please zone a small town of low density residentials for about 2000 Sims. No medium or high density zones allowed. A couple of blocks of low density commercial and a minimum of four large blocks of dirty industry.  Please build a rail road station so that manufactured goods can be shipped to the neighbor cities.

Then build some outlying small villages of 15 to 25 low density homes in the rural countryside. Please include a little commercial and/or industry when you do the small villages. The map (below) is a guide or suggestion. You do not have to place the villages exactly. Nor does the small town of New Independence have to have the same exact shape as my example. However, New Independence needs to be placed where the rail and Route 10 run close to each other. By the way. There will be a new road called HWY 17. And none of that curvy stuff either. My road design engineers are very adamant about that. 

Looks like we'll need a small power station. It should provide no more than 5,000KW.  Whether high pollution or low. It's up to you. But – you are required to use clean energy if the cities power needs exceeds the capacity of your initial power plant.  You will also need to supply water to the residential, industrial, and commercial parts of your small town. Please also make provision for garbage disposal because nothing grows when garbage piles high. By the way, MrBisonM (the nice guy that I know he is) will reward you with extra additional points or perks for innovative or creative garbage disposal ideas. Please build a fire station. Under no circumstances are you allowed to build any health or education related buildings. You may only build a police station if (an only if) the police are needed to put down a riot. But don't worry. Poor uneducated Sims don't riot. They love to work in dirty factories and pick broccoli at the nearby farms. Poor Sims do not need parks either. Not now, maybe later.

Guide for New Independence

Regarding the nearby farms? You'll need to build plenty of them. Take an aerial look at Tile i and zone at least 50% of the remaining areas with farms. All other areas should be planted with trees, ponds, creeks, meadows, winding paths through the woods, etc. Don't use any of Peg's logging equipment because as you perhaps saw from Barby's challenge that the pesky loggers destroyed her woodlands.

I have a special request about farms. This American Southern boy couldn't build a European looking farm lot if his life depended on it. I've tried in the past and posted some buildings and lots in the BSC private forums. Only to be met with discouragement. Someone will say "That doesn't look European". So, I am going to make you a bat. I am interested to see if tea lovers can create farm lots that look like something plucked from the English countryside. I'll make the model and make it into a farm building but also create a prop. Your new farm may grow as you develop but you may need to do a plop lot. Basically, I'm looking for at least 1 or 2 in game pictures displaying your lot making skills. By the way – the model will be yours to keep and do with as you wish ... or share ... or whatever.

Good Luck.
    Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

TheTeaCat

Thank you for an interesting challenge.  "$Deal"$
    And a specially made Bat too - I hope I do it justice. :D

A question or two if I may.

1 The rail road station is it just freight or can passengers alight there also?

2 Hwy 17 is to connect to simnation?
    *shakes head in wonder* "who ever thought of building a road in a straight line - How boring to drive along ::)"

Other than that its time to put the kettle on and start planning :D :D

Derry
    Town Elder

jmyers2043

Quote1 The rail road station is it just freight or can passengers alight there also?

2 Hwy 17 is to connect to simnation?

Hello Derry.

Regarding passengers: I do apologize. Here in the states, we don't usually don't make the mental connection between passengers and rail service.  Yes.

Regarding Connection: I copnsidered it. I was going to say so in my description but wondered if that was allowed in the general rules. I then had a moment of indecision and omitted that provision. Then didn't spot this discrepancy when proof reading the rebels demands. It makes sense to have connections at the Northern and Southern city boundaries. Yes. 

TheTeaCat

Thank you for the clarification on said issues.

"OK, Boys its time to earn those salaries, get that equipment loaded and lets go"

Pat

LoL Derry "Teacat Total Control" lol love that one!!!!!

small edit: for content by the North

Geessh I am a mere observer (from the south) and getting ooh what would be a good word hmm? I know censorship for content by the North there Jim, please help me a fellow southern commander!!!!!

Told ya's Derry I would give a twist lol....

I still liked the Total TeaCat Control lol

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

jmyers2043

QuoteThank you for the clarification

Greenville, South Carolina is overcast with an occasional sputter of rain. Perfect weather for making bats. And ... IT Grows!!! That's good for me but now the pressure is yours.

As you can see my English farm is pitiful indeed. I've read your PM and will send an email with model, building, prop, and lot. Let me know if you need a larger lot. Give me the dimensions. It only takes a couple of minutes.

Good Luck.

<edit>

Quote*shakes head in wonder* "who ever thought of building a road in a straight line - How boring to drive along
    :D :D

Means I can drive along the road and look at the beautiful countryside created by the TTC without the finding myself in a ditch when the road makes a sudden, unexpected, surprise turn.   :P 

mrbisonm

WOW....that looks like it came from around here.....darn good textures and details!
    Hope that will be available one day, otherwise you have to confront the Governor ;)

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Gaston

That is a really nice looking farm building.

---Gaston
    白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
    ...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
    WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

TheTeaCat

I think this says it all.
    A copy of my reply to Mr. Meyers upon receiving the files to the above pics.

Quote from: TheTeaCat on May 03, 2009, 01:56:00 PM
    Dear Jim

Go Raibh Mile Maith Agat. (Gealic,Irish: A Thousand Thanks to you)
    Thank you so very much.

What an exquisite little BAT so full of details.

I shall really enjoy lotting this and hope to do its creator credit.

What great detailing too, the bales of hay (I just want to jump off them like I did when I were a wee kitten :D), the ivy on the corner, the half open door with the smell of hay wafting out, the cracked and broken beams,such beautiful textures too ( you can almost see the bird droppings on the top of the roof ::) :D :D)- ahh it brings back memories ;D

I will not be able to keep this for myself, nope $%Grinno$%

I think it should be released as a LEX exclusive so that the community can share in my good fortune in having such a gift made for me.

Once again my sincerest thanks for the model.

best regards
    Derry

I've highlighted a part above that should interest some people. :D :D

I in my capacity of spokesman for your Northern neighbours do humbly ask if

The armed troops and fencing can be withdrawn/removed as it is the Northern Region's wishes
    to engage only in trade and business peacefully for both regions mutual benefit.

And frankly having armed troops and armor sitting on the borders terrify's the local populace, who have only basic law enforcement to protect them. We are a peaceful nation without any military capability.
    We look forward to the day when all routes are reopened and the day both regions can co-exist in SimNation with Intregity, Honesty and Respect.

Thank you.
    Derry O'Gorman.

BarbyW

How about you do something with it quickly and make it a CD exclusive for a while? Just send me the lot, model etc not in an installer but with a Readme and it can go onto the forthcoming CD.
    Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

TheTeaCat

Quote from: BarbyW on May 03, 2009, 02:44:28 PM
    How about you do something with it quickly and make it a CD exclusive for a while? Just send me the lot, model etc not in an installer but with a Readme and it can go onto the forthcoming CD.

That'd be sweet.Whats the deadline for this then?

BarbyW

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

TheTeaCat

jmyers2043

QuoteThe armed troops and fencing can be withdrawn/removed as it is the Northern Region's wishes
    to engage only in trade and business peacefully for both regions mutual benefit.

I am considering your request. Although I need to make an informed decision. Please provide me with aerial views of the southern held portions of Esperance and Lornbury.

TheTeaCat

Knocking sound

"Come in"

"Mr. Mayor, Those pesky Southern's have sent an urgent message requesting Aerial views of their side of the river"

"What? What did you call them?"

"My apologies Sir, won't happen again. Our Southern neighbours have sent an urgent message requesting Aerial views of their side of the river"

"What? Aerial views of their side?"

"Yes, that's what it says here, look for yourself"

hands over copy of fax

"Aerial views? Aerial views?
    How the heck do we get those?
    Nobody on this side of the river has a plane, do they
    ?"

"Ummm..... Not that I know of."

"Bleedin' Nora. This is a pickle, heck the Governor won't let us even build an airstip....."

"Don't just stand there, get a move on
    "

"Sir......"

"Well we better do as they say, so get everyone together in the conference room in 15 mins to come up with some ideas eh?
    "Go on, get a move on, we haven't got all day"

15 mins later

"Well.. what bright ideas have we got?"

"We could strap a camera to a homing pigeon"

"Oh good grief. Is that the best? "

"How about we contact those Gabber fellows up in that region, what's it's name? Oh yes The Winding River I hear they got one of these planes that float on water"

"Ok, That's not bad, Get their number and sent them a letter eh?
    Smythe, Smythe. PAY ATtention, finish the tea later, You give them a call after the meeting ok? Anything else?
    "

"How about a hot air balloon?"
    ???
    "A RC plane?"
    ::)
    "We could hire a speedboat and pull a parasail along and have someone take pics :)"
    "What about the bridges?"
    "Oh.......... I didn't think of that &mmm"

"Get some those pics from space.... you know those ones taken by spy satellites?

small voice from the end of the table
    "We could google it?"
    "Speak up, what was that?"
    "Emmmm .. We could google it...

"Brilliant idea"

well.......... we could if we had the internet connected up"
    ??? "What?"
    "we could if we had the internet connected up"
    ???
    "What? We're not connected? What do we have an IT dept for?

Come on people, what century are we in? lets get with it eh?

Ok then, send those Southern's a letter, we do have a postal system yes?
    "
    "Yes Sir. We do."
    "Thank goodness for snail mail at least....

Tell them we are working on their request.
    "
    Right then....
    "Jones, contact IT get us connected"

"Yes Sir"

"Smythe, make that call to the Gabbers fellows"

"Yes Boss"

"Peters, make me..... %confuso"

"Yes....?"

"Peters,make me some..... Tea. yes that's it"
    Meeting adjourned
    "MOVE People. Let's go, Let's go"
    "SMYTHE..Move... finish the Tea later. You have a call to make"

Pat

Derry all I got to say is heheehe!!!  :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

mike3775

I liked the attaching a camera to a pigeon suggestion

mrbisonm

Quote from: mike3775 on May 04, 2009, 08:20:52 PM
    I liked the attaching a camera to a pigeon suggestion

That was the best!!! lol
    Excellent dialogue.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)