• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Ploppable to Growable while still keeping the lot details?

Started by Dreamcat, July 04, 2010, 10:47:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreamcat

Just got PIM-X and am now CAMifying lots, it's pretty awesome.  However I wasn't really happy with the lotting of the buildings in the CAM Industrials pack so I was going to take the original's lots (which are better) and convert them.  But some of the lots are ploppable only, and when I convert them to growables they lose the lot and the lot looks really ugly and dull gray.  Is there a way to turn a ploppable into a growable while still keeping the lot details?

RippleJet

Quote from: Dreamcat on July 04, 2010, 10:47:53 AM
Is there a way to turn a ploppable into a growable while still keeping the lot details?

Yes! :thumbsup:
Open the lot (not the building, but the lot) in PIM-X,
right-click among its properties and select "Create a growable lot using this building".

ivo_su

Is it possible to make some so that the building of the Burj Dubai is Grow.
I personally tried many times but did not succeed because it is composed of 4 parts and do not know how to adjust them. It would be great if it was built so that it brings together a simultaneous and CO$$$ and CS$$$. A capacity I think that alone will get it corrected then.

- Ivaylo

ivo_su

Mr. Webman

I had an error trying to do this for "create a similar growable lot from this ploppable" (sorry for my english):
QuoteFailed  None
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 1421, in OnPlop2Grow
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 3078, in CreateAnExamplar
TypeError: iteration over non-sequence
I haven't idea what i'm doing bad.

jaredh

Quote from: Mr. Webman on November 06, 2011, 06:03:26 AM
I had an error trying to do this for "create a similar growable lot from this ploppable" (sorry for my english):
QuoteFailed  None
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 1421, in OnPlop2Grow
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 3078, in CreateAnExamplar
TypeError: iteration over non-sequence
I haven't idea what i'm doing bad.

I am encountering the same error when trying to convert ploppable lots to growable.  Did you ever get this to work? 

FrankU

The only way I know of making growables out of ploppables its the following.

The building of the ploppable lot contains a model file.
I look for this model in Pim-X.
Then I drag this model onto the type of growable lot I want to make in the long list in the leftmost pane in the PIM-X screen.
- Technically you are now making a completely new lot with the same model as is used in the growable lot. -
Select the lot size identical to the ploppable lot (obviously) you had.
By editing the filling degree according to the rules I give the lot its correct properties.
Then I save the lot and close it.

Now  I open the old ploppable lot. I select all texture and prop data. I do a right-click and select "copy data".
Then I reopen the just made growable lot. I select the texture data (these are the standard textures that Pim-X adds to the new lot, and you do not want these) and right-click and select "delete data". Then I right-click again and select "paste data". Now the texture and prop data from the ploppable lot are copied into the growable lot.
Voilá,your lot is almost ready. The only thing you now have to do is move the building to the correct location. For this you can open both lots at the same time and put the views next to each other on your screen.

This is at least the way I do it and it works fine.

jaredh

Thanks Frank.

I'm trying to avoid all that extra work though, and this thread suggests the tool can copy all the existing lot details without having to manually do it. 

I probably will skip converting the ploppables if the tool can't do it, as I am converting almost a thousand BATs I've collected over the years to CAM...and I expect that changing doing it all manually is going to add a week to the effort, which is already monumental.

jaredh

For future reference, I'm fairly certain PIM-X can't handle ploppable --> growable if there isn't a model file that is a BAT.

I converted over 1000 buildings by hand to CAM that I had downloaded over the years (and mass downloaded after getting back into SC4 last year) and had about 30 that wouldn't convert automatically with the process of:

1 - select landmark/plop in PIM-X
2 - select "open lots" from the right click option
3 - select "create growable" from the right click option on the lot

All of the ones that gave the iteration over non-sequence error only had a building as a prop.

Going with Frank's process works, but loses all the lot details, whereas the other method I outline above actually copies the entire lot contents from plop to grow.

Hopefully this will help somebody in the future.