• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4T Not Responding

Started by ChiefZDN, April 28, 2017, 11:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChiefZDN

Hello everyone,

I already installed the Terraformer in my laptop that's run Ubuntu 16.04 and lastest Wine from distro's repo. However, when I ran, it freeze and doesn't respond to clicks and keyboard presses (pressing ALT doesn't work). Can you fix this problwm?

Thank you.

mgb204

Open the install directory of Terraformer, find the file readme.html and rename it to literally anything else. If that doesn't solve your problems, perhaps you are missing one of the required resources (libraries) needed for the application to run?

ChiefZDN

Quote from: mgb204 on April 29, 2017, 01:16:10 AM
Open the install directory of Terraformer, find the file readme.html and rename it to literally anything else. If that doesn't solve your problems, perhaps you are missing one of the required resources (libraries) needed for the application to run?

It look like in the attachment. Black window content and can't clicked. This problem is persist even I was migrated to new laptop with new installation, too. The Wine version: 1.6.2 on Ubuntu 16.04. My laptop is using mobile Intel HD 3000.

mgb204

Driver issue or simply not supported by Linux properly would be my guess then.

If it helps any, the software runs under the Python language. From a rendering perspective, I'd put money on it being OpenGL based.

Handyman

Did you notice on the Stex page that you may need to install DirectX and MSCVP71.DLL into the wine prfix where SC4 is installed?

ChiefZDN

Quote from: Handyman on May 11, 2017, 04:24:17 AM
Did you notice on the Stex page that you may need to install DirectX and MSCVP71.DLL into the wine prfix where SC4 is installed?

I don't notice it. Where is the page specifically?

Thanks, I'll use it. I'll send my report soon.

Out of topic: My Mapper also sent an error during exporting and sometimes freeze. Maybe, this is caused by same problem too.