• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bladeberkman

Here's a 180 degree loop connecting some diagonal MIS.  :satisfied:

-Blade

P.S.: Jeez my images are so grainy. I'm using Imgur. What's up with the quality?  ???

Seaman

@bladeberkman: sigh... the smoothness... :)

-

Here's another one I couldn't resist:

This interchange is in the north of Wichita, Kansas:

And this one is on my test-tile in a remote area of my current region ;):

Haljackey

Oh very nice work everyone!

Seaman: Those left exits make me antsy!

-----

I made some noodles

Click images for full size

Used to look like this: interchange has evolved since 2010

Seaman

Quote from: Haljackey on March 13, 2019, 05:54:54 PM
Seaman: Those left exits make me antsy!

Haha... I know what you mean  $%Grinno$%. In Germany, those left exits would be an absolute nogo (still, there are some on very rare occasions). To me, these oddities are something like a trademark for the US. Interestingly, I've noticed that in some US-states they seem to have come out of favour and some are scheduled to be replaced by proper right hand side exits (e.g. as seen in this cool video for the I-4 Ultimate Project in Orlando, Florida).

Haljackey

One tight boi

bladeberkman

Here's a fully grade-separated diagonal cloverleaf with collector/distributor lanes. This would not have been possible without the forthcoming RHWX. :satisfied: Oh, and some diagonal bridge enabling...

It's pretty awesome. :thumbsup:

-Blade

Alan_Waters

Great!  &apls &apls &apls
Myself very fond of intersections with accelerating lanes.

mattb325

Quote from: bladeberkman on March 17, 2019, 03:35:47 AM
This would not have been possible without the forthcoming RHWX.

Great to see some snippets of the upcoming rhw-x, especially when being tested by one of the best interchange builders of SC4  :thumbsup:

Haljackey

Two new ones to show
*Area around the interchanges still being finalized.

Click images for full size.

Haljackey

Two new folded diamonds + a partial-y interchange with the missing connections... connected  :D

Location in my region if interested

smileymk

A parclo-dumbbell hybrid from one of my current projects. I dare say it's one of my better efforts:

And here's a close-up showing off some of my custom-built prototypical British signage:

Realistic Cities for Dummies
Step-by-step tutorials on every single aspect of realistic city-building.

FacebookYouTube

Wiimeiser

Quote from: smileymk on April 01, 2019, 03:12:05 PM
A parclo-dumbbell hybrid from one of my current projects. I dare say it's one of my better efforts:

They're not appearing for me...
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

smileymk

Quote from: Wiimeiser on April 01, 2019, 07:02:24 PM
Quote from: smileymk on April 01, 2019, 03:12:05 PM

They're not appearing for me...

They were appearing for me, which is odd... anyway, I've uploaded the pictures to another site and updated the links. Hopefully you can see them now.

Chris

Realistic Cities for Dummies
Step-by-step tutorials on every single aspect of realistic city-building.

FacebookYouTube

Wiimeiser

Yes, I can now, and it looks good.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

bladeberkman

More RHWX magic:

Here's a dangerous and impractical orthogonal/diagonal interchange: Equipped with abrupt inside entrance ramps and equally abrupt 180-degree loops, but not equipped with room to merge. This arrangement would actually work better if the diagonal mainline mirrored its current arrangement (which would change those entrance ramps to exit ramps and make adding merging lanes easier). Unfortunately, that's not the direction those highways are traveling in my region.  ;D

Sometimes you have to take what you can get with diagonals. It's just a game. And in this instance, the aesthetics are more important to me than the realism - or the safety of my Sims. :D

-Blade

mattb325

Awesome work! I'm with you on aesthetics vs safety (the sims are terrible drivers, anyway. And, if you kill to many in the process, just zone some dense residential...more pop up out of no-where).  $%Grinno$%

PaPa-J

I just don't see how you all do it!  I've never really played with the RHW that much because I would get frustrated and just bulldoze everything and use the in game HW.
Last night I spent 2.5 hours messing with it and all I could come up with was this -
An Ave. over RHW.  You people must have the patience of saints.  My hat is off to all of you who come up with these interchanges, you do outstanding work.
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

Tyberius06

@PaPa-J

I don't know. Since I started using RHW my game/play has become much more fun. Of course sometimes it is very stressful, some of the following interchanges were finished after 5-6 hours with possible revisits and replans on other days. Some of them a little mixture of the usage of RHW and MHO (Maxis Highway Override/Project Symphony).

Now a bit more complex and possible overcomplicated one:

And I think this is my most ****ed up interchange what I've ever made so far. It's NOT elegant, but at least very confusing. :D :D :D Even I got confused which lane goes where.

Little patience and a lot of practice. And the "draw path" cheat could be very helpful, when I develop road/highway networks it's always ON. Much easier to make anything.

Although looking at your interchange, de design is OK, but I think the network is wrong. You used the RHW-3 network here (which is a single tile BIDIRECTIONAL network), which means in this case, that the single lane goes to one direction and the 2 other lanes goes to the opposite direction. I think you wanted to use the the RHW-6S network which has also 3 lanes, but to the same directions, like a one way road.

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

PaPa-J

Quote from: Tyberius06 on April 22, 2019, 03:09:13 PM
I think you wanted to use the the RHW-6S network which has also 3 lanes, but to the same directions, like a one way road.

- Tyberius

At least the area where I have the RHW is undeveloped at the moment so I should be able to change it without a whole lot of problems.  Thanks for the encouragement!
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

fantozzi

I give those Intersections a like. That doesn't mean I understand them. Haljackey sometimes post videos so I can even see they really work. Still doesn't mean I understand them. It's like so many years ago when the rivers were still clean and I went fishing and got a tangled up fishing line and tryed to disentangle them:
"... this must go through this and then below that and then through here again and then ....  :angrymore:"

Having a closer look on the posts in this thread feels the same. It's much too complicated for my little brain. So I just stand in awe and applaude to everyone who  does those filigree structures - magic like cob webs in early morning mist.