• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Some American Football fields

Started by Chrisadams3997, September 28, 2007, 11:20:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrisadams3997

it's be perfectly possible since the field goal posts are not part of the field prop.  I've already considered making some 'H' field goal posts, but in the mean time JBSimio I believe made the one Travis is using on some lots.

What I've been thinking though, while we're talking these and prop families is a way to create prop families for the goal posts.  You couldn't just use them as individual pieces as you'd end up with one goal post on one side of a field, and another on the other.  Instead I would have to bat each set of two goal posts at each end of the field together, with a custom LOD probably to allow everything in between to show up properly, then set those as prop families.  The primarily limitation of course is it would only work for the length of field I do the bat for, so therefore I'm a bit turned off by this method.

As for which should be on it, unless I do the prop families for goal posts, my lots for these will focus on simplicity and thus use the present props, while others can lot in whatever goal posts they wish (unless there is overwhelming demand.)  With that in mind, my prop pack will include some normal 'H' posts for your lotting pleasure, and maybe even a few of those double crossbacks ;).

Chris

Diggis

OK, rugby field done.  It's 70 wide by 100 +10-22m endzones.  (I have put two lines in the end zone, one at 10m from the try line, and one at 22) you need to delete one of these, and depending on the size of your fields can move the end line anywhere between them.  Hope this makes sense. 

Basically the last line needs to be between the last two (and them erased) on this image.

Chrisadams3997

Wow, you boys aren't playing around, that's a big field.  Had me double checking dimensions online :P.  Really great job on these markings Diggis, it's all well done and to scale.  Here's a quick and dirty preview where I've placed it on Pat Riot's field.  Just for fun, I've got one with 22 meter endzones, one with 10 meter ones, and a to-scale American football field on the side for comparison.

The rugby markings are brighter than I'd actually render them on this field, but I did that just to show how they turned out, and it looks good.  For any textures you want done, just let me know what field(grass underneath), what size endzone, and some idea on how prominent to make the markings.  I can place this on any texture I've already got in 5 minutes, and if you get a satellite photo of a field, I can make that in 10-15 minutes these days.  Then I can send you the texture to use as you want.  That applies to anyone else as well :).

Chris

Diggis

nice work, love it.

if possible is it too much hassel to remove the brown strip from the centre.  It occurs on American Football fields due to the large proportion of the game that occurs there, but that doesn't occur on rugby fields the same.  I would say have patches of brown around the field instead of a strip down the centre. 

if it's too much hassel, don't sweat it as it still looks fantastic.

Chrisadams3997

well, that was just placing it on one of the fields I'd already done.  The best approach would be some arial or satellite photos of worn rugby fields to use as an overlay like how I've done a number of the football fields.  Alas we don't have many in my area, so I'm not much sure where to look myself, but if you can find some good pics from google maps or google earth, etc., I could use that quite easily, or if you look through this thread, I've got pics of all the field textures I've made thus far and I can overlay it on any of those.

Pat Riot

chris this is just fantastic, a great project and great effort from you. Sorry for the delay on the bleachers, i gotta do homework then ill work on scaling them down a bit.

Chrisadams3997

Ah, school always comes first.

I've been working on the other two track and fields and have this to show for it.

I'm particularly interested in thoughts on how the dirt track came out.

M4346

I would be VERY pleased if you released the Rugby Football fields. VERY pleased.  $%Grinno$%  ;D  ;)  :satisfied:

They do look stunning and you have done a marvellous job (apart from the dirt in the middle as Diggis pointed out)!  &apls &apls

Thank you for taking the time to address the request, this has been seriously lacking in the game.  :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

thundercrack83

I love the dirt one, my friend! It looks amazing! And the other one looks great, too! Keep up the good work!

skyliner

Sweet! That dirt one looks just like my school's field!

Chrisadams3997

M:  Well, if yall should have noticed one thing, it's that I don't half a** anything.  In that vein, I closed the big pond for the second time ever(on google maps that is ;)) and started rooting around and found several rugby fields(turned out a lot easier to find one than I figured, they were everywhere.)  I've set markings onto a couple.  This was the first I found and had apparently been mowed perhaps shortly before the satallite photo was taken, hence the pattern of lines.  I'm not entirely satisfied with it, but it was the first I found, so it got done.

I'm much happier with the second one, not sure what the green strip at the top was, but it was right in front of one of the goal posts, so I left it.  It'd be easy to pull out though.

And the third, which is a much cleaner texture, but still interesing.

These are all very much in the vien of the type of American football fields I've been doing for the second set of them.  If yall'd like to see some more 'professional', astroturf type fields for it, I can do that as well.

Thundercrack:  glad you like it, I was little iffy myself.  Kinda waiting to see how it looks ingame to make any permanent decisions.

Skyliner:  I aim to please.  I take it the dirt track's pretty close to looking right to you as well?

Pat

my god chris you are the field master daaaaaaaaum wow!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

thundercrack83

Thundercrack:  glad you like it, I was little iffy myself.  Kinda waiting to see how it looks ingame to make any permanent decisions.

I think it would look great for rural schools that may not have a whole lot of students or a great track team. There's a few high schools in my area like that. Hope it looks good in game, but I'm sure it will!

M4346

I think I like the third one best. Although the second one's markings in front of the goal post may be from a scrum machine? :P

Also, seeing that Rugby is a winter sport, the grass should (in theory) not be as luscious, but that doesn't mean it's not allowed to. :P There are, after all, four seasons.  :D
New Horizons Productions

Diggis

I was thinking the weird markings were possibly where a cricket pitch may have been.

As for AstroTurf, not for rugby.  Grass only.

These look fantastic.  I love them.

M4346

Yeah, we have cricket pitches on our rugby fields at most high schools. Unless you can afford to have two or more fields.
New Horizons Productions

Chrisadams3997

Well, since yall aren't entirely sure what it is, and I certainly have no idea, I'll remove it.  I've also got a new texture I'm replacing the first rugby texture with and I've got a fourth one I've already done.  I'll get a real update on that tomorrow.

As far as the football fields, I'm pretty much done with textures and renders, so here's some new pictures of the whole set.  Note the 'H' posts on the new fields, I'll put them on the new field and tracks too.

Ennedi

This set is a masterspiece!  &apls &apls &apls

And these heavily used fields are my favourite! :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

M4346

Okay, I LOVE the Rugby fields, but am wondering why we are underprivileged by not having an athletic track around it?  :D
New Horizons Productions

Pat Riot

wow fantastic chris! the texas sized one is the best, but you did a great job with all of them.  :thumbsup: &apls