• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

POST HERE If you cannot access the LEX

Started by jeronij, January 20, 2007, 02:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Team Dave

Hey all,

Joined the LEX a few days ago, and have been getting the run around when trying to log in ever since then. I can log into the forums just fine, but can't get into the LEX. I got the activation email, and clicked the link like I was supposed to. I'll either get a screen that says I'm already logged in, or I'll get one that says my account is still being activated.

So somethings not right... Can any mods make this work? All I want is to try out the CAM! Hah

BarbyW

I have activated your account so you should be able to log in now.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Team Dave

Thanks, works fine now! Time for a download spree!  :thumbsup:

BarbyW

garcam

Hi username is (garcam)  Changed password recently and since then cannot login. Thanks for your help.

BarbyW

bewilder2

Username bewilder2, I've tried all my various passwords, and none work.  New password please?

Ryuji Long

I try to log in to the BSC and it says either invalid log in, or account not yet active. If I use the link from the confirmation email it says my account is already active. Am I supposed to register for the BSC separately? If so am I allowed to use the same username and password as for these forums? when I go to the main screen the site can't seem to decide whether I'm logged in or not. sometimes it says "Welcome Ryuji Long" and sometimes it says "login or register". Is it having an issue with the space in my username? it didn't seem to mind when I was registering.

EDIT:
I read the other sticky and it seems I did it correctly. I used the same username and password and I got e'mail confirmation. the very first time I used the link the monkey said "invalid data". Second time he said "account already active". Third time he said "account not yet activated". What the deuce?

EDIT 2:
I figured it out.

Site administrator,
Please review the system that generates the confirmation email. When I clicked the link in the email, confirmation failed because the complete address wasn't as a link, only about half of it. When I copied and pasted the WHOLE line it worked fine. in the email the link address looks like this:
http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_userreg.php?userACT=Ryuji Long&cACT=44bb7558a6265306d8f372d2660f2b65
The light blue section is underlined and highlighted as a link as it's supposed to be, but the dark blue section of the address is not underlined and appears as standard text instead of being underlined as part of the link address, and is thus ignored when clicked.

For people having trouble:
Try copying the whole address (from http// to the end of the long hex number) then paste it into the address bar. it should work. When I did that it went through.

BarbyW

QuoteSite administrator,
Please review the system that generates the confirmation email. When I clicked the link in the email, confirmation failed because the complete address wasn't as a link, only about half of it. When I copied and pasted the WHOLE line it worked fine. in the email the link address looks like this:
http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_userreg.php?userACT=Ryuji Long&cACT=44bb7558a6265306d8f372d2660f2b65
The light blue section is underlined and highlighted as a link as it's supposed to be, but the dark blue section of the address is not underlined and appears as standard text instead of being underlined as part of the link address, and is thus ignored when clicked.

This is nothing to do with the site system but is because you have a space in your name. It is not good practice to use spaces for usernames etc as the OS does not like spaces. If you had used an _ instead of a space it would have worked first time.

sjstanfield

Hi, i registered for the LEX and activated my account (sjstanfield) for it, but for some reason im not able to login. The Bad Data screen always shows up no matter what. could you please give me some help on this? Thanks in advance.

BarbyW

sjstanfield: I cannot see a problem with your account so check first that you are inputting the correct password with any capital letters if you used them. If you still cannot acces the LEX then let me know and I will reset your password for you.

sjstanfield

Hi, sjstanfield here again. I just tried to log on to LEX and I get the Monkey every time. I did receive the verification e-mail and used the same user name and password as the forums. Could it be a Vista and IE 7 problem? On Simtorpolis I can't long in there if I have the "remember me" check box checked. (I wish I could make Vista work like XP... no I can't revert back either)

Thanks again,

Steve

sjstanfield

OK, sjstanfield again. I can use half of LEX. I can do a power search but I can not download any files. If I click in the "Latest" or "Most Popular" tabs I get the Monkey. But if I use the power search it allows me to see the files but they won't download. I am trying to get the latest BSC dependincies for a couple of modds I downloaded from Simtropolis. This time I used Opra web browser so it doesn't apeer to be IE7

Thanks again in advance.

Steve

mattmon38

Hello,
I'm mattmon38, I have been using this site for quite sometime with no problems, until one day I logged on and I could access the LEX, but when I went to download the dependency I needed the system will not let me :'(. If anyone can help me get my downloading privileges back, that would be greatly appreciated.

BarbyW

mattmon38: I have reset your password and sent it in a PM. Please try again with the new password.

sjstanfield

Quote from: BarbyW on June 01, 2009, 07:39:03 AM
sjstanfield: I cannot see a problem with your account so check first that you are inputting the correct password with any capital letters if you used them. If you still cannot acces the LEX then let me know and I will reset your password for you.

For some reason I can use part of the LEX but I can't download anything and I can power serch but can't see the "latest" or "most popular"

Thanks
Steve

BarbyW

I have reset your password and sent a PM with the new one.

builderbuiltoff

hello i just reset my password but now im not can get in the lex could you help me please?

thank you

RippleJet

Since you cannot reset your password at LEX, I suppose you mean you've reset your password here at SC4Devotion.
Since SC4Devotion and the BSC LEX are not the same, resetting the password here wouldn't help you there...

If you still cannot access LEX with your login name (which seems to be the same as the one you've used here on Devotion),
please ask and we'll reset the password for you (which will be sent to you in a PM).

Or send me a PM with whatever you'd like your new password to be, and I'll set it to that.

Sgwk372

I registered with the username TheGTAGod, and I cannot access the Lex. I know both my username and password (I saved it with notepad incase I forget) , but everytime I try to login a gorrila picture keeps showing up.