• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Art128's SC4 Projects

Started by art128, August 12, 2009, 03:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big E

Thank you for your help.I couldn't find the Shinkansen series 0 skin but I did find some other ones that will do the trick.

bat

Wonderful region overview there!! And nice work on the southern suburbs. ;)

benedict

Stunning mosaic. And congratulations, you're back at number one on BTT.
Click on the banner to celebrate!

art128

Thanks for the warm comments everybody!

RickD - bingo Rapheal! That was a shinkansen line, congrats!

kelis - Nothing stops you to start a Japanese region, Jonathan! I started a second one that I'm building along with Hiroshima, it is featured in this update.

Altec - Merci ! Well for the railways and the flora.. Uhm, I'd say I usually let one tile of free space between the rail line and the residential area, that I fill with bushes and trees. Also when the line separate into another one, like for another direction or when entering a station, try to put some grass, bushes between the tracks.

Big E - Good to know! As for the shinkansen, it's a skin, but as you may know, in SC4 you can't have two engines on your trains, the truth is that I used photoshop to make it looks like a real train with two engines! Also, I did this for almost all my trains, and then save templates ( with a transparent background) so that I can paste them on my railways.

Benedict - Thanks! That's an honor!

Today I'm going to show you a kinda special update, as it is not located in the Hiroshima region.. but lately, i've been working as a side project on the city of Fukushima ( the city, not the central.. The central is more than 60km away on the coast.)

To start just two pictures from the central station and one of a temple a little east of the station.

( some words about the stations.. The real one is made of three buildings: a train station, a terminus station, and a shinkansen station. In real life the three of them are connected by a sky-walk as many train stations in Japan. Just the sky-walk for the Shikansen station get through a large parking. As I don't have such building in SC4, i used a W2W building to fill that place. I hope the result is okay. )

Less talk, more pictures!

I hope you liked this update!

See you next time with more pictures from Hiroshima and Fukushima!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Framly

Great pictures - i only missed the ingame shadows ::)

Keep on your fantastic Hiroshima :thumbsup:

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

noahclem

Looks great  &apls  I really like your design of the rail station complex  :thumbsup:

io_bg

Very nice update, I like your rail hub and it's complexity ;D
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

kelis

Another great update amigo, I like this typical japanese train station. It is one of the things that I more like from Japan, their trains and their stations, Great job once again !!

Greetings my friend !!

PD: Right now I'm working on a Japanese region  $%Grinno$%
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

bat

Some nice new pictures!
Looking forward to more from Hiroshima and Fukushima... ;)

WannGLondon

Love the way that train fits into the surrounding area and I really like the actual station itself. Lookin good.
Call me Warren.

art128

Hello everyone! Thanks for the warm comments as always!

Today I'd like to introduce a series of special updates. Yes, during some time, we'll be taking a trip abroad the Shinkansen, from Hiroshima to Fukushima! this update and the next one will take place at some places featuring the Shinkansen line. It can be random rice, tea fields, dense urban area, suburbs or mountains. It'll take place an update after another closer to Fukushima. Getting through Osaka, Kyoto and Tokyo, as well as several little cities and towns.

So, to start, we will take a a look at the small part of Mihara city, located just a little 50Km East of Hiroshima. This area was, formerly of 2005, known as the city of Hongō.

A mosaic a long the river, showing the recreational area on the river bank.

The path to the temple is often used as a small festival.

The Train station of the district. Here train come and goes from to Hiroshima from the other part of Mihara.

A street scene, showing the city house, as well as the hospital.

Up on the plateau.

A Shinkansen going to Tokyo, passing up a local commuter train heading to Mihara city center.

I hope you enjoyed this update!
Moe to come.. Uhm, well soon.

Props & Texture Catalog

io_bg

Some fantastic work here! I really like your river and its banks. Looking forward to the next special update!
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

RickD

Looking great. I didn't know, rail could cross the road so close to the bridge approach. When I saw it in the Mosaic I thought it could not be functional. But the close up picture suggests otherwise.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

kelis

Great job on the river area, it looks great my friend !! As always I love the work with those trains  &apls &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Schulmanator

Great stuff... and the water looks so realistic.  &apls
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

WannGLondon

So awesome. Your updates really make me want to travel to Japan. Your scenes are great. I especially like the rail lines.
Call me Warren.

Dantes

*big-brother-ninja-attack*  $%#Ninj2

Hello Little Brother,
I finally managed to stop by here again. I am very impressed with your flow.  :o Your streets are very well done and I respect your work in front of mountains.  :thumbsup:

I hope it goes well with you and you have lots of fun

art128

Thanks for the comment guys! i'll make a full reply with the update.

.. In the meantime, I just need two new comments so that the update will be on the next page!

Props & Texture Catalog

noahclem

Awesome update again Arthur  &apls  You're really an mosaic and MMP master  :o

nas-t