• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RAM (Rail Addon Mod) - Development Thread

Started by dedgren, October 16, 2008, 12:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreas

Andreas

JoeST

*drools*

seriously :o

are you guys on drugs ???
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

rooker1

&apls truly great stuff.

As for drugs...you must mean steriods.
Call me Robin, please.

deathtopumpkins

Oh, Jonathan! That is amazing! I want that STR viaduct and tripe-track rail!
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

io_bg

:o Awesome! Great work, guys! &apls
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Jonathan

Well the TTR, won't be in the first release, and I'm not 100% sure on El-STR,
But it only took me under an hour to get the entire TTR in game, because I can basically copy and paste the STR RULs with a few changes, so it's quite easy to add new overrides :)

Jonathan

JoeST

CTRL+H ;D

and that is AWESOME
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

LE0

So is STR like One way Rail? :)
Leoland coming Spring 2009

threestooges

Hi LE0. STR is actually pathed so that trains can move in both directions. In RL, there would be sidings for trains to pass each other (and we can still make them visually in game), but trains can move in both directions on STR and will just visually pass through each other when they meet. It was designed to be used where rail traffic is not enough to require 2 sets of rails, and also for places where it would just look better in the user's opinion.

Orange Julius

Holy heck! If there was thing missing from SimCity 4, it was single-track railroads! You guys are amazing. I almost feel like trekking down to Target and placing stickers on the SC4D boxes that say "COMING SOON! SINGLE-TRACK RAILROADS! GO TO SC4DEVOTION.COM"
Gone now...

joelyboy911

Is that, per chance, an elevated draggable STR I can see? Or would that be a ploppable/puzzle piece system?
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

gardenwong

Is there ant news? it seems that RAM is stopping again :(
俺がã,¬ãƒ³ãƒ€ãƒ ã wwwwww

threestooges

Don't worry. Things are still going, just nothing that we've shown around much yet. Don't want to get people too excited before things are ready to really get rolling.
-Matt

Terring7

Sorry if this post is at wrong topic but it's just an idea. How about a puzzle piece that split the dual rail into 2 single tracks?

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

WC_EEND

I like your idea, but something just seems wrong about that picture :D
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

kassarc16

Well I think he just used the RHW piece to show the gist of his idea, which is indeed needed.

This might be better in this thread though: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=3697.120

superhands

we'll see what we can do :thumbsup:

-dave

claydog

Wow guys, that's absolutly awsome!
One question though; does the triple track reflect greater capacity and does that show up in the color coded transit map view???
Thanks,
Clay

WC_EEND

I think it will show up in the transport view as it's basically a puzzle piece override of maxis rail
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

superhands

Just a pic of one of the many interchanges you'll be able to make in the upcoming ram...

-dave