• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

(gMax) - Nighttime Exports - Getting Thumb but not other views

Started by Swingarm1032, July 22, 2019, 07:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swingarm1032

When I try to export any model (regardless of if it has lit "windows" or not) I get the night Thumbnail to render - but none of the other views will render the nighttime view of the model.  I am again using the gMax version of BAT - This has been an issue I have been messing around with for years - Is there a special checkbox or thing I need to add to get the the nighttime views to render here? (I know about how to light up windows in the model - using the little checkbox at the bottom of the BAT Tab) Pretty sure this is something related to rendering and not the model itself too. 

EDIT - Although I have said I use gMax - I have the Student version of 3DS Max 2018 - I looked around on the File Exchange and saw that someone made something with 3DS Max 2017 - Will the Bat4Max utility work with 3DS Max 2018?

Barroco Hispano

Barroco Hispano

Swingarm1032

UPDATE:

I have found that I have a suitable 3DS Max version after all (it turns out I have 2016 &2018)
In addition I was able to install/setup the Bat4Max V.5 for 3DS Max - also replaced the LtbL file (Let there be Light) - and the gamma file from previously downloaded files.

I have tried a test render of a few things which included some geometry using the 'nitelite' prefix - (Standard Geometry - also included self illumination for the material) - These tests seemed to do fine - I tried the night render - which worked.

Many questions have been answered - One that remains is - saving the model: - Will I need a presaved SC4 model for each file? - probably can do a quick export from gMax to create the files - then save over them with the 3DS Max exports...

Right now I am working on recreating a few models I did in gMax earleir in 3DS Max too for a Really large building (will be a plopable landmark)

Barroco Hispano

Barroco Hispano

Swingarm1032

I so far like the results I have been getting using the 3DS Max version of the BAT:

Did a test render of the model in Day, Maxisnite, and Darknite setups (I've constructed the first floor and have all lit windows for this floor (it's the lobby)

They are shown here:
https://imgur.com/a/SXQjvCn

Barroco Hispano

Barroco Hispano