• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

No more Hole Digger and Raiser Lots need with this mod

Started by xannepan, January 19, 2013, 11:03:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

memo

Do not worry about the puzzle pieces. I could do that without much effort, just as any other NAM modder who is around.

Regarding the conventional Lots, the relevant data is in the LotConfigProperty whose first entry is 0x7. This property is responsible for transit-enabling and one of its entries determines the height change.

Puzzle pieces do work underwater as well, by the way.

Quote from: xannepan on January 23, 2013, 10:34:10 AM
The domino must have been amusing indeed  ;D

It was. It looks like I just had not found the right configuration. Now, I figured out how to make it much more predictable. You can try it yourself by changing the "NetworkPieceID" of the previously attached T21-Exemplar to 0x00000300 and by dragging normal roads then. Alternatively, you can change it to 0x51000100 and build a TLA-3 from the NWM, as such a feature would necessarily have to be an override network. However, it works smoothly in two of the cardinal directions only, which is because of the rotational issue, I think.

dragonshardz

Quote from: xannepan on January 23, 2013, 10:34:10 AM
Not sure if that can be done with puzzle pieces....

AFAIK you can place any puzzle piece in the water, so if these are distributed as puzzle pieces, one can use the Water Pollution dataview for easy leveling of sub-sealevel terrain.

Is it possible for there to be a "level to height" piece? That is, you place one piece and placing the same piece next to it levels the terrain to the first piece's height?

pieman101

Quote from: xannepan on January 23, 2013, 12:12:29 AM
I just got SA's permission to use his icons and lots as basis for the new hole digger and raiser lots.
Since the BSC lex is down already for a few days I'm posting a link here were you can download for testing.

What I am particularly interested in is if the heights (lowering and raising) are appropriately calibrated and that there is no difference between PCs. Can you please post your feedback? (Installation instructions are included, but in fact very simple: just replace the Original hole digger lots with these lots... don't forget to make a backup of the originals).
By the way: all requested heights are included from 7.5 to 30m

https://www.wetransfer.com/downloads/7f6b77405ed0566e165bdbe5f925ce6120130123080454/9f7a717ffe40fc1f0e98c9f9d6194c1e20130123080454/c0bdb9

As I have mentioned in a PM to Shadow Assasin already: I'd be happy to 'transfer' these to the NAM team for release, if you think that would be beneficial in some way. If not then I'm equally happy to release these myself after I get some feedback :)

-Alex

The website says it isnt avalible for download anymore
Derrrrrrrrrrrp!!!!!!!!!!!  i post cuz i want to

jdenm8

That's because it's now included in the main NAM distribution.

(Apologies for belated reply)

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley