• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

[REL] SCAG Airbus Project

Started by joelyboy911, January 18, 2010, 01:00:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joelyboy911

The Airbus Story

In 1967, a consortium of aerospace companies in Europe formed the organisation known as Airbus Industrie. The partners, from Britain, France, Germany, Italy and Spain (no politics in this thread). The first aircraft built was the Airbus A300, which made its maiden flight in 1972 and was in revenue service with airlines by 1974. The world's first double-engine widebody would prove to be a success, and it paved the way for Airbus Industrie to establish itsself as a viable competitor to Boeing. From the A300, three further models would be developed: the A310, A330 and A340.

The Project

This will be my first widebody BAT. In time, the 4 models: A300, A310, A330 and A340 (all variants) will be made. I will complete the models one at a time, completely finishing the A300 before moving on to the A310, and so-on. I've already modeled the A300, with pictures to come soon. Stay tuned, it might be a long ride. I look forward to the support and critique of the community.

Pictures to follow very soon: Watch this space!
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

[Delta ²k5]

Great! We really need this planes in hq! :thumbsup:

Jack Bauer

You can't know how I am glad about this news. The game really need these planes.  It would have been great if you had included the A 380 maybe later.  ;)

KoV Liberty

Nice Joel! I suspected this. ;) If you need any help with rendering (and lotting) (although a long time to come, with both) I would be glad to help in any way, now that I have the HD scripts. Looks good, and I can't wait to see the release!

Mod edit: removed Off-topic statement. I got the message though!

Thanks.
          Alex

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

joelyboy911

Thanks Guys!

Delta: They will be rendered in HD, if thats what you mean!
Jack: I'm glad to make you happy! The reason the A380 is left out is because these 4 planes really go together. Perhaps later, as you said.
Alex: Thanks, I may call on you later on!

Now for some progress:

I've modeled the whole plane, now it awaits textures, windows and lights!
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

ShadeSlayer

Looks great. Is the nose really that pointy on the A300, though? I recall it being slightly more curved.

Overall though, it's fantastic, and I'm also happy to assist with rendering.

cameron1991

I also think the nose looks a bit too pointy, but it may just be the SC4 angle messing things up a bit.

But I still think that's wonderful progress so far and I can't wait to see more!  :thumbsup:

pilotdaryl

Oh man... That Airbus looks so darn slender that I uh.... want... um...  $%Grinno$%
I don't think the noise looks very pointy by the way, I think this is more of a lighting effect happening here.

Haljackey

Wow, looking great here!  Those A300's are perfect!

Any thoughts of doing the A380?  I know tabi made a few of them (lot editor only, not in game yet) and it would be awesome to see them with HD props.  Here's the link if you haven't seen them yet.

Keep up the great work!

[Delta ²k5]

Quote from: joelyboy911 on January 18, 2010, 05:59:59 PM
Thanks Guys!

Delta: They will be rendered in HD, if thats what you mean!

Good to know, but I meant a "High quality" - one compared to tabis version :thumbsup: He does a great job, no doubt, but many of his models are a bit misshaped

I don't know if it's caused by that angle of view, but the nose looks a bit wrong by now. It seems to be too pointy and "flat" between its end and the cockpitwindows... otherwise a very nice model... keep up the great work :)

Will there also be a freighter for our cargoramps? :D I think so, cause you wrote "All variants", but I'm not sure ???

Gilikov1994

YESSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finaly!!
I've waited so long for those planes
@ Joelyboy: you're great.. in making planes  &apls

Check out my LOT thread, and also the EBLTeam!

==> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=10509.msg318190#new <==

feliwi

looks promising, will you create passenger and/or cargo liveries? And is there some room for custom liveries?

nice start so far, I'm really sorry that I don't have the time for being more active!

strucka

Will you also be making the A320's? Well done with this. :thumbsup:

KoV Liberty

Wow..... (I'm speechless, those are the BEST Airbus models anywhere! Anyways, have a fun rest of your trip!

strucka: I'm sure he will. Joel could you expand on this?

Adrian, I miss you man.

joelyboy911

Thanks guys, for your support. From my experience in my turboprops projects, I was really overwhelmed by the number of replies. I suppose big jets are a big more exciting right? :P At any rate, the encouragement from the SC4D public means a lot to me. Now, I shall answer some questions.

Nose Pointiness
I think that Cameron and Pilotdaryl may have been right, in that the nose was made to look more sharp by a combination of the specular highlights on the fuselage and the SC4 angle. However, I think that because the model had no textures, it also created a weird look that may have caused you to think it was pointy. Hopefully the picture today will address these concerns.

A380/A320
This project includes the Airbus A300, A310, A330 and A340. The other Airbus planes (A320, A380, A350XWB and A400M) are not included. I would like to explain why in detail. The first Airbus plane was the A300. The second was the A310, which was a shortened version of the A300, with slightly different wings. For that reason, it makes sense that I should BAT the A310 as a follow-on from the A300, doesn't it? When the A330 was developed, it was built with the same fuselage cross-section as the A310 and A300. Other parts are visually similar as well. For that reason, it again makes sense to BAT that as a follow-on to the project. The original A340 (the A340-200 and -300) are identical to the corresponding A330s, but have 4 engines, instead of 2. It is not my intention say definitively yes or no to BATting the A380 or the A320, however, the A320 has already been BATted by the AC, and the A380 by tabi.

Cargo Liveries
Yes! I will definitely be making cargo versions of the Airbus Series. There are a heap of Freighter A300s flying today, with airlines like FedEx, UPS and DHL. However, I'm going to set myself limits. I need to manage the number of liveries I do for each model, otherwise I'll get bogged down with filling requests and then rendering and lotting becomes a huge, unmanageable task. For that reason, I'm limiting myself to 10 passenger liveries, and 6 cargo liveries for the A300. I'll happily consider any requests you have, but please do not be offended if I say no. I'll try to follow a path similar to the one taken by Voltaire and the AC, in that I will try to follow up the series with a second set, containing the liveries that didn't fit into the first set. I will consider releasing templates for people to make their own custom liveries at a later date, after the project is completed. 

Progress
I've now textured all the parts of the A300-600. I now need to do the same for the A300B models (the earlier variants). This won't take long at all, and I won't bother showing a new picture because it won't be very exciting. I've also added the windows which will become the night windows that light up later on. This means, I can start making the liveries now, and you can post a few requests. I'm going to ask you to request only 1 livery each, and please link me to a photo (preferably at Airliners.net). I would like to combine new/recent liveries with older ones in this set, and I'm also going to choose some of the liveries myself. Please, as I said, don't be offended if I say no to your request. I can't do all of them this time around.

I will probably make the lines across the fuselage and vertical stabliser fainter, as they stand out a little too much at the moment. I also need to look at more pictures and diagrams to get the exact right location of cargo doors, and other such details, especially before I start making the cargo liveries.

Thanks again for your support!
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

KoV Liberty

It looks very good Joel! Do you know why Airbus has the two small winglets instead of the one large one? Wikipedia is not quite working for me today.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Gilikov1994

Wooow! love the '300 serie! can't wait for the liveries
Check out my LOT thread, and also the EBLTeam!

==> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=10509.msg318190#new <==

firdausabdullah

This is awesome buddy! great work for a great plane.

Here's my request:
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Malaysia-Airlines/Airbus-A300B4-203/0944833/L/
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Malaysia-Airlines/Airbus-A300B4-203/1029282/L/

Its not in the fleets anymore since it was replaced by the B777, nice memory though.

Cheers
-firdaus-

feliwi

So if you're planning to do just 6 cargo liveries, it will be better to do just liveries, which weren't already made by tabi (TNT, UPS, FedEx, DHL)

but there are plenty of other liveries, such as:
JAL,
Thai Airways,
China Eastern,
Lufthansa,
MNG Airlines Cargo
Tristar Air Cargo
Egypt air cargo
Korean Air
Tunisair
IranAir
Air Hongkong
China Airlines
Air Inter
qatar airways cargo

these are just some liveries,

there are many airlines, which do not fly them anymore, but it would be nice to be able to create some "retro"-airport pictures

good luck with the project

cogeo

How about the Olympic livery?

Or, better yet, the old livery, or the older one, which I like the most?

They would be very nice!