• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your Highways!

Started by Travis, April 21, 2007, 09:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Travis

^Title speaks for itself^

We want to see your highways and surrounding areas. Rural highways, interchanges, sunken highways, raised highways, and
anything else involving highways. I'll start with a couple of mine from my MD...

I-95 somewhere in North Carolina...

Highway thru a neighborhood...

Farmlands...

Avenue exit...

There, that should give us a good start. Alright, let's see some of yours!

threestooges

That's a very nice variety you have shown so far. I would add some of my own (if I had any to really show) but I think that I may just have to start working on them now. Good idea for a thread.

pickled_pig

Travis

Wow.  The way you use the Maxis highways and the RHW is so realistic (especially in the limits of the game)  Now I'm going to have to look at your MD, as I've never gone through it yet.

My only suggestion for you is to plop some trees between the highway and the houses in the 4th picture.  Very few people want to live in plain sight of an Interstate.

As for some of mine:

I-85 connects with a major state route in the Piedmont city of Wellington

A couple random pics of I-95 from my CJ on ST, Winston County.

Travis

Hey, good pictures! Those compliments mean a lot coming from you, as I'm familiar with both of your more recent MD's/CJ's.

Quote from: pickled_pig on April 22, 2007, 06:35:50 AMMy only suggestion for you is to plop some trees between the highway and the houses in the 4th picture.  Very few people want to live in plain sight of an Interstate.

Good idea, didn't think of that. Maybe because I did live in plain sight of one for my first 13 years.  :)

I'll have to come by and leave a comment at your MD sometime, and I'll keep a look-out for you at mine as well.

Travis

Well, it's been a little while (actually a month), so I figured I'd post a few more...

I-318 terminates into US-37...

Another angle...

An elevated highway...

Another rural shot...

Okay, let's see some of yours!  :thumbsup:

thundercrack83

Wow, that last picture is absolutely stunning, Travis! Excellent use of the RHW!

Gaston

Really like the last picture.    To bad there aren't any diagonal farm fields out there that could be plopped.    ()sad()     Someone should make those.     :P

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Shadow Assassin

Here's mine:

It's the M1 that runs through Greater Midlands. The sound walls are a new addition, after complaints from nearby residents about the noise.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Jim

My ones:

From the space (I'm only beginning my highways)

bat

Wonderful pictures of the Highway @ all! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ennedi

I agree. Many effort here.

Shadow asassin, I really like your picture. Nice group of larger buildings - I think they are all growable, but they looks very good together.
Where can i find those sound walls? I am looking for another kind of them.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

l.h.

Here's a shot of a sunken highway in my city.

mightygoose

highway onslope pieces....

mwahahaha
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Ennedi

l.h. Very nice picture, I like the train station and how is it placed

mightygoose That's a good piece of civil works! Those japanese walls are perfect here.

Could you show a bit larger view of it?
New Horizons Productions
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

mightygoose

[linkie]

actually im a big highwaygeek. this is my thread. its a revisit to an old project.

here is the zoomed out image... turned 90 degrees.

Ennedi

Thank you very much, mightygoose. I looked at your thread. really good work. I can learn a lot from you.

It would be interesting to know what do you think about it? It's from one of my older cities and there isn't any new stuff here.

1. General view (Jordan Gallery is on the North).
East - West: A1, to the South: A2
Outside lanes: transit East-West
Inside lanes: beginning of A2
Outside lanes along A2: exit to the center

2. Tunnel - south side

3. Tunnel - north side

4. Detail - beginning of A2 and diagonal exits to the city (to the north and south - the same solution is on the opposite side of A1, near west border of the city). I used short blue tunnels to hide transitions from one kind of road to another (i don't like these transitions)

New Horizons Productions

thundercrack83

Wow! These are some beautiful highway set-ups that everyone has going on here! Great work, everybody!

mightygoose

ennedi yeah thats a great junction. both functional and realistic having bypass lanes on the main highway, also the feeder lanes to the gallery. i have something similiar in my next update.

Travis

Wow, lots of good pics everyone! Ennedi, I love that setup. Must have been very difficult to build. Mightygoose, I really like that interchange,
great use of the onslope pieces. Keep the great pics coming everyone!  :thumbsup: