• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Art128's SC4 Projects

Started by art128, August 12, 2009, 03:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobbi

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

io_bg

Really nice work on the last update! The CBD is looking great!
I do have some suggestions though - don't include empty areas in your pics and second, as others mentioned, the traffic on the highway is too much compared to the rest of your roads.
Keep up the great work! :thumbsup:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

art128

dsrwhat316 - Hey Dan, thanks for stopping by more often, your comments are always appreciated ! You're right about the empty road, i'll try to find a solution to that.. For the little menu button, I'll try to do my best to delete it from the pictures.  ;D

djvandrake - Thanks a lot my friend !

BarbarossaS - Lol, thanks, yeah you're right !  :D

kbieniu7 - Thanks my friend !  :D

Sciurus - Merci, Guillaume. As for your three points, here my three answers. First, the two tram station, I think they're at the good interval IMHO, because here, where I live there are two trams stations separate from less than 200 meters.. Secondly, i've checked that and the piece is here ! And How the hell you're able to see the walls ? ??  :o $%Grinno$% :P

Luke09 - Yeah, it was time to the people to bring back home !  $%Grinno$%

Earth quake - I'm sorry to say that Vivien, but your post is a good example of the people who pass here and just look at the pictures, but don't read the text.  &mmm Am I wrong ? If I'm wrong, sorry. Anyway, thanks for the comment.

Bobbi - Thanks as usual.

io_bg - Thanks, for the criticism my friend !

You've waited for it, now you HAVE IT !
Update 10 : Kilinino Boulevard of Propaganda ( first called Boulevard of broken dreams) [part 1 of  ?? ]

HISTORY OF KILININO

Kilinino, is, like many others cities, a town created by the government when they build up the nuclear powerplant, in 1954. To not spend too much money, and especially because of the government SSPR is stingy,the city was created mainly (well entirely ) with commie blocks pre-created in various big warehouses of the region, so the Bloxs (or Blocks, Blok's like the inhabitants call the slums where they live) are pre-fabricated with low cost cement, again, the government is very stingy.. The city itself was build near the nuke power plant, because mainly of the inhabitants of the city works at the nuke and, like there's not so much common transportation system, and because Bus are expansive, people take their cars (old LADAs... ) to go to work. But, not all the habitants work at the Nuke power plant, a good part of them work in the various industries present at the west of the city, where the gigantic boulevard start.

Some recent (well old of 20 years...) incident at the nuke power plant have done several damages in the environment, like irradiation of the water near the plant, but also lots of damages in the mental of the inhabitants. Yes, the damages was some uranium leaks, but also some fire started in the Reactors n°1 and 2, the oldest of the five. These incidents have caused the temporary closure of the site for the time everything became good. This has caused the loss of hundreds of jobs due to the closure of the nuke power plant, luckily, the people affected refind jobs when the works were finished. But, unfortunately, during the time the site was "renovated" , no money comes to the pocket of the inhabitants, this caused a sort of famine in the city. After these big incident, the nuke power plant has been used very well, at something like 90% of its production.

Today, The life of the city has taken is right way, and became more pleasant than in the past. This because of the reduction of the production of the nuke powerplant (yeah, now the half of the electricity produced here in the past is now done my the dam at th north in the mountain. ), and also because a big part of the inhabitants has leaved Kilinino, in the past 10 years, to go to others city, like Kalmykia, Volgodonsk or even more Dam's city, where the jobs in the commerce are more present than the industry ones. Anyway, a part of the population is still here and live here, because from a recent study, the inhabitants said that they'll never move from the city, until it get entirely destroyed..

The city is organized with a square plan, all part behind streets, road etc.. is named like that "BLOCK A, BLOCK C, BLOCK F" etc.. This method was choose by the government (again..) to get more simplicity by naming something in the city. Also, all the official buildings, like schools, police department and fire department, also as Hospital and swimming pools, are located in a corner of the city, just south of the train station. The church (yes, there's a church in almost all cities ) is located a bit south-west of the train station. At last, the city hall is just in front of the terminus station, and, at the middle of the town, because it's the most important thing in th city, after commie blocks heh.. Kilinino, have also a football team, during the 20 last year the team wasn't in a good place in the table.. But today the KSSC (Kilinino Super Soccer Club) is one of the best in the region, after Kalmykia's team as well.

that's all for today, I hope you liked that update as well as the others one.
Don't forget to leave a comment, even a little one ! (But criticism is really appreciated..)
Stay tunned for the part two of the update, it will show industrial corridor, as well as the nuclear power plant and its surrounding radioactive lake.
(BTW, in the next future update, the snow will maybe appear, but it's a secret..  $%#Ninj2 )
Regards,
-Arthur
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Luke09

Hey arthur nice avenue  ;).Can you show an overview of the city in the next update?and those trees,where can i found them?And can you show a "minitutorial" of how to goes anti-grid?Im real bad in anti grid,and my grid cities are very ugly...nice pics  :thumbsup:
Tu és
Time de tradição,raça,amor e paixão,
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

kbieniu7

Well, when I was reading the introduction, I was hoping (is it a good grammar form? And sorry for other mistakes :D) to see "elegant" quarters-estates planned in a rows. Firstly I saw fields, which look great. Next, upper buildings - it is capitalism result?
Finally my eye caught blocks and older contructions. I thinked about something another. Well, You've made something that looks like cheap estates from years 70-80 than city planned from nothing. You say it had to be cheap, but all of them (in real) had some impressive, propagands aspects.
And about citizens cars - I don't hope that in country like that all of them had their own vehicles, and it's more likely that they'll go to work on foot :D But it's your imaginations, and this is just a game  ;)
But in conclusion - it looks great. I think, I hoped too much - you made taste by preivous teaser  ;)

Oh God. Did I write it all? :D Only one more sentence: where id you get this white bloks from?

Keep it going!
Kamil
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Earth quake

I have miss to read the "PS", I'm sorry. I would have been able to avoid this comment about this nightlite. I have the habit to not read by laziness. I'm sorry.  ()sad()

Anyway, it's an excellent update Arthur. :thumbsup:
I see that your "incident" it is inspired of Tchernobyl, except that the city hasn't abandoned. I would see an update about this nuclear power plant.
The first mosaic is really nice, the rural aera is simply beautiful and original. I like well the mixture of the trees of Sim Fox and C.P.
The city of Kilinino is splendid with the beautiful "Boulevard of Propaganda" and is luxury russian cars. :)
The second mosaic is really wonderfull and nice. &apls
Finally, great work at lot Editor. :thumbsup:

djvandrake

Oh wow!  Very impressive mosaics!  &apls  Notables are the tree placments, that really snazzy avenue, the train station, and the stadium.  All integrated into such a great feel that hold true to your theme.  Excellent work Arthur!  :thumbsup:

Sciurus

Very beautiful &apls, but one thing more:
I put minus cars on the boulevard, to do more realistic, because, mot time, there's no many cars in communists lands, but more common transports, like tramway (as you put it in your city-center), or buses...

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Battlecat

Nice mosaics!  I really like the style you've developed here. 

Dreamcat

Beautiful city you have there, but...darn, your cities always make me feel gloomy inside.

Bobbi

kelis

.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

art128

Thanks all for the comments, I really appreciate them, long and short ones.  :thumbsup:
No personal replies this time, because just a little teaser for ya ! But i'll reply some question as well.

Kamil : This white block come from a friend, that uploaded them some years ago, but the uploaded version is a bit smaller than this one.. You can find the older version here

Luke : I don't really get what you mean by anti-gird..  &mmm The trees are from SimFox and can be found at the STEX

Teaser, the snow's coming !

Small picture of a village near the nuke power plant.

Next update soon, on the village, the city of kilinino (the rest and the industrial area) plus the nuke power plant and its lake.
Regards,
-Arthur. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

io_bg

Fantastic teaser, Arthur! The photoshopping adds a nice winter feeling ;) As for the last update - great job! You've showed us (again) how good you are at lotting &apls My only criticism is that you shouldn't put a S-curve next to the rail station, if I were you, I'd put sound walls between the rails and the blocks.
Keep up the great work, comrade! :D :thumbsup:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

kbieniu7

Thanks for link!
Teaser looks nice. I tried to do snow photo once, but it didn't look so good, however your does  ;)
Some time ago, winter started in my city (in RL). Then fall came back :D
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Bobbi

Earth quake

Splendid update arthur. &apls
Great work at photoshop. &apls
The village is really nice and I see that you use the new trees of Girafe. (They are splendid)
On the contrary, I suppose the snow is dangerous because the nuke power plant is near.

I'm impatient to see the nuke power plant and the new update.

ecoba

Oooh, Snow in Svanskinahya! Great Teaser, Arthur.

Ethan

Fabian93

Sorry Arthur - I totally missed to comment on your 10th update.
I love that "boulevard of propaganda" &apls :thumbsup: Your lotting work on that area is fantastic &apls
I'm looking forward to more of that area ;)

The recent teaser looks fantastic, too. Great photoshopping :thumbsup:

Keep up the great work,
Fabian :)

Battlecat

Nice job with the snow effect there!  The piles of snow on the buildings look like they could be part of the game!