• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BAT Showcase

Started by mattb325, February 01, 2007, 04:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaPa-J

Beautiful lot!  &apls :thumbsup:
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

theaveragephil

That's awesome Matt! I can't wait to use it.

-Phil aka pclark06 from STEX

c.p.

These last 3 buildings are all great.  Who doesn't love pebblecrete? :D

manga rivotra

SC4 Devotion is back and i can now see the new gifts you have presented a few days ago : finally a beautiful weekend!  :thumbsup:

mattb325

Thankyou all!  :thumbsup:

So, a bit of catching up to do with things that have been released, etc....

I released the Killymoon Private School. As per the big red disclaimer on the file, this is a very old file that I modded a long time ago, so a bit of a take-it-or-leave it lot.

Here:
https://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3821

I released the BAT from Rhode Island Ave Washington DC.

Here:
https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/32864-rhode-island-ave-washington-dc/

And, in keeping with making more CS$$ buildings, I batted another hotel. This time a real one (the previous two are just from my imagination) from Central Sydney, the Travelodge Hotel:

It's a reasonably faithful recreation, but I made a few changes to make sure it fits nicely on a 2x2 lot. It's quite bland, but that makes it far more useful in many situations.

Available here:
https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/32869-travelodge-hotel-sydney/

Kitsune

I thought you took a lot of liberties with the Travelodge as I stayed at one in Sydney ... only to now realize there are 3 !  (The one I was at was amusingly next to some Police HQ).
~ NAM Team Member

fantozzi

Give me some glass and concrete and what you'll get in return will be a big pile of glass and concrete.

Give Matt some glass and concrete and what you get in return is pure elegance. Simple straight elegance.

:thumbsup:

WannGLondon

Matt, these are wonderful. Funny enough my city has a hankering for CS right now and these look mighty fine! &apls
Call me Warren.

PaPa-J

I didn't like how my last region was developing so I laid waste to it and I'm coming up with a new one, so I kind of in limbo right now.  However, these new items are awesome and am eagerly looking forward to getting them in the game.  You do such great work Matt.
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

owlsinger

I'm putting together, and testing, a new plugins folder atm (my old one was cobbled together from backups and hard drive crashes, pretty sketchy). I have sooooooooo much of your stuff, I should just name my backup 'Matt's BATs'. I just love your style, it feels very unique and graceful to me! I love how you love us!
'Luminous beings are we..'  - Yoda

'Hints of Gold'
by Jasmine Becket-Griffith

Ramona Brie

There's something wrong with the Rhode Island CS$$ (DN) at zoom 3:

This does not occur at zoom 4 (or any other zoom level):

Nor does it occur with the CO$$ variant, which I've added in (LotPlop) for comparison:

My guess is it's some sort of zoom-specific render error that can be repaired much in the same way that Key Tower was?

mattb325

Thanks all!

@ Ramona Brie....Ahhh, that old bug-bear....fixed. Just redownload the file from Simtrop and let it over-write your existing version. The game should update automatically without needing to bulldoze.

@  Kitsune, I have the Travelodge Darlinghurst on my list as it's a much more interesting building than the Travelodge Sydney building

Kitsune

Quote from: mattb325 on April 18, 2019, 03:20:41 PM
Thanks all!

@  Kitsune, I have the Travelodge Darlinghurst on my list as it's a much more interesting building than the Travelodge Sydney building

The outside is more interesting ...  :D
~ NAM Team Member

Ramona Brie

Thanks!

Looking much better with the fixed render...

mattb325

It's an error in BAT4Max that affects approx 1 in 20 smaller BATs. But oh the irony that it slipped my attention on uploading it to simtrop after such a long absence.

I believe alanis morissette sang about such things  ::)

Speaking of the 1990's.......

Another real Sydney Hotel, just around the corner from the travelodge that I just released. During the 90's almost all Sydney skyscrapers had this weird 1930's Flash Gordon vibe going on....it is also a bit NDEX in a way, but I liked it because each elevation is different (rare in a tall building) and as such I was able to make two separate lots with the building rotated differently, and it's almost like two different buildings (if you close one eye, squint and stand well back from your monitor)   $%Grinno$%

simangel

Brilliant Sydney building mate.....we need more Aussie buildings in simcity 4.

Girafe

I like this last one  :) maybe because it looks like a french fries  :D :D
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

mattb325

Thanks, I forgot to mention the sponsor....that post was proudly brought to you by McDonalds.  :P

Anyway another Washington DC building is uploaded, lets see what happens next

Available here:
https://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3824

Alan_Waters

Incredibly beautiful building! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thank you very much!
It is very diverse my city. &apls &apls &apls

art128

Thanks Matt, was waiting for this one.  :thumbsup: &apls
Also Rhode Island Ave is a beauty, will find a nice spot for it in my city.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog