• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SSPTool

Started by Stefan79, January 19, 2009, 11:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buncheesy

Thanks TiFlo and good to hear from you Stefan

When I datpack I leave out all dependancy files, euro textures, terrain mods, and the zzz_damn remove folder.

I did deleate and re-add the damn remove folder. prehaps a problem there?  I have noticed than on reloading now that some things are not hidden that were and some things are still hidden.  Weird  ???

UNless I hear that theres something wrong with this approach I think I will delete all DAMN (have only done a few tests anyway) and start over taking a very systematic approach.  after DAMNing will datpack all except the above files and if some menus are not hidden I'll just live with it.
&mmm
If I can figure out whats going wrong will post back here

cheers

z

Quote from: buncheesy on July 17, 2010, 07:32:28 PM
When I datpack I leave out all dependancy files, euro textures, terrain mods, and the zzz_damn remove folder.

I'd strongly recommend DatPacking your dependency files.  They take a huge proportion of your total plugin space.

Also, try DatPacking your zzz_DAMN Remove folder, but then place the resulting file in a zzz_DAMN folder directly under your Plugins folder.  That should eliminate the problem with hidden files.

buncheesy

Thanks for the advice Z

will give it a go sometime this week after I finished my current burst of downloading  :thumbsup:

Boundary Layer

Having an issue that I can't find any mention of anywhere...

I'm on Windows 7.

So here's what I've done:
I (1) installed DAMN through SSPTools, (2) created a few custom menus, (3) accidentally created a submenu in the wrong hierarchy location. 
Right clicking informs me that I have to delete it through explorer... no problem right?

Well I thought so too, except that when I navigate to C:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Plugins\ there is no DAMN folder.  ()what()
The menu's I created do work in SC4, so they're obviously saved somewhere, but no amount of manual searching, windows search, or mass-deleting anything and everything SC4 has cured this.

I've removed all plugins from both locations, deleted SSPTool, completely removed/reinstalled SC4, reinstalled DAMN on its own prior to doing anything with SSPTool... nothing seems to get rid of my previous menu's. 

Where are they hiding???

Edit:
Fixed it.  It was apparently something to do with my java installation.  I updated it and everything seems to be working correctly now.  No glitch with the program, just with me.   ::)

djp

Hi Stefan,

I've just installed the latest SSP & DAMN, unfortunately I can't get the menus to show in game.
I get the link in the newsbar, but when I click on it the popup is empty. I get the "home, Back & Info" buttons, bit no menus or icons showing

I had the previous version of DAMN working fine, but the folders were a bit of a mess, so I deleted the entire "DAMN" folder from plugins along with the "zzz_DAMN Remove". I hoped doing a fresh install of your SSP tool along with DAMN would solve the problem - unfortunately not...

I can create menus fine in SSP & they show in the DAMN folder structure, but nothing in game

I'm running WIN7 64bit Ultimate

Dave

Stefan79

Hi Dave,

maybe you can try the following:
Give the Users group Full Control for the Plugin folder of SimCity, e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Plugins

Stefan
SSP = Stefan's Self-made Productions

djp

Thanks Stefan,

Not to sure what you are referring to, is it the folder permissions?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ScottFTL

Quote from: djp on July 26, 2010, 12:37:44 PM
Not to sure what you are referring to, is it the folder permissions?

Yes, that is correct.  The permissions for the Users group need to be changed to Full Control in order for the DAMN to work properly with Windows 7.

djp

Thanks Scott,

I've checked the settings for the Users Group & They are all ticked, apart from "special permissions"
The only difference from your image is all my ticks are pail, none in bold - does this matter. I also can't change any of the options

Any ideas??

ScottFTL

Quote from: djp on July 27, 2010, 09:03:26 AM
I've checked the settings for the Users Group & They are all ticked, apart from "special permissions"
The only difference from your image is all my ticks are pail, none in bold - does this matter. I also can't change any of the options

You don't need Special Permissions ticked, so that is OK.  If the ticks are gray, this means they are inherited from a higher-level folder.  Did you make changes to a folder higher than Plugins?  It should still work, but I would recommend applying the security settings at the Plugins folder level.

To change the options, you need to click the Edit button in the middle of the Security tab's screen.  If you are unable to do this, it means the current account does not have administrator access.

If this is still not working, please post a screenshot of the security settings on the Plugins folder.  Highlight the Users group so we can see the permissions applied to it.  Your previous screenshot shows the Dave & Emma user account, which is not where the permissions need to be applied.  If the settings are correct for the Users group, I'm stumped - this is all it took for DAMN to work properly for me under Windows 7.  Perhaps someone else will have an idea though.

djp

I've double checked my security settings, don't think this is the problem. My original DAMN worked - before the latest SSP. Not sure what changes have happened with the new version, or my system...

ScottFTL

Yeah, you are right - those security settings look correct.   %confuso

When you look under the DAMN\Root folder, do you have any DAMN-Menu*.dat files in the subfolders?  You also might want to try to run the DAMN-Indexer.cmd script under DAMN\Support manually.  You might see an error that will give a clue what is wrong.  Basically, if you are seeing the Home, Back & Info buttons and nothing else, there are either no DAMN menus installed or the indexer cannot run.

Are you sure that you have expanded the menu in the ticker?  You will see the top part only if you haven't clicked to expand the ticker message.  I know it's a silly question, but I actually made this mistake and it took me a minute to figure out.  It doesn't hurt to ask.   $%Grinno$%

You may also want to try running SSP Tool by double-clicking on the JAR file.  I had problems with the included batch file, but it works perfectly for me when I launch straight from the JAR file.  I just made a new shortcut on my
desktop that points directly to the JAR file instead.

Have you created your own DAMN menus, or have you installed someone else's set?  I'd recommend creating at least a small one yourself to test SSP Tool.  I've had problems with some of the ones created by others, but the ones I've made myself have always worked properly.

Did you have the DAMN installed before you started using the latest SSP Tool?  You may want to move the DAMN folder out of Plugins, then use SSP Tool itself to reinstall DAMN.  I think I remember having some problems with a previous DAMN installation, but it worked fine when I let SSP Tool perform the reinstall.  You can delete the new one and move the original DAMN folder back into Plugins if this doesn't work.

Lots of stuff there.  I hope one of these ideas will lead you to a solution.

djp

Thanks again Scott,

Quote from: ScottFTL on July 27, 2010, 02:55:21 PM
When you look under the DAMN\Root folder, do you have any DAMN-Menu*.dat files in the subfolders?  You also might want to try to run the DAMN-Indexer.cmd script under DAMN\Support manually.  You might see an error that will give a clue what is wrong.  Basically, if you are seeing the Home, Back & Info buttons and nothing else, there are either no DAMN menus installed or the indexer cannot run.
I defiantly have .dat files that I created with the new SSP - already tried the Indexer, runs fine
Are you sure that you have expanded the menu in the ticker?  You will see the top part only if you haven't clicked to expand the ticker message.  I know it's a silly question, but I actually made this mistake and it took me a minute to figure out.  It doesn't hurt to ask.   $%Grinno$%
I've tried DAMN using both options from SSP

You may also want to try running SSP Tool by double-clicking on the JAR file.  I had problems with the included batch file, but it works perfectly for me when I launch straight from the JAR file.  I just made a new shortcut on my
desktop that points directly to the JAR file instead.
My shortcut point here "C:\Program Files (x86)\SSP\SSPTool.bat", but I've tried running using a couple of different options, including direct from the JAR file. I don't have any problems with SSP, everything works fine - I think is a DAMN issue (if they can be separate?)
Have you created your own DAMN menus, or have you installed someone else's set?  I'd recommend creating at least a small one yourself to test SSP Tool.  I've had problems with some of the ones created by others, but the ones I've made myself have always worked properly.
All my own creations, all with the new SSP - I've deleted everything to do with any previous versions & let SSP install DAMN from scratch
Lots of stuff there.  I hope one of these ideas will lead you to a solution.
So far no joy, but I will keep tinkering & see what happens.
I do have a new harddrive on order, so will be doing a full new WIN7 install next week. Hopefully this may eliminate the problem.

Thanks again

Dave

ScottFTL

Quote from: djp on July 28, 2010, 11:39:13 AM
I do have a new harddrive on order, so will be doing a full new WIN7 install next week. Hopefully this may eliminate the problem.

That's everything I can think of.  I had to play around quite a bit, but I did get everything working.  Hopefully the reinstall will do the trick for you!

djp

OK, re-installed everything to have a last go before a new OS install next week.

One thing has been happening that could be a potential issue - but this was opening behind the main SSP window so didn't notice before.
I have a JAVA issue I think..

I have the latest version (V6 up21).
This only shows when using the "Windows Batch File", not when the "Executable Jar File" option is used.

z

It's not a Java issue - my guess is that you're running either Vista x64 or Windows 7 x64.  This problem will be fixed in the upcoming release of the new SSPTool.  In the mean time, if you replace the contents of your current batch file with the following line, it should fix this problem.

start /min cmd /C "java -jar SSPTool.jar || %windir%\SysWOW64\java -jar SSPTool.jar"

buncheesy

Did I here "upcoming release" ;D

PS I have now DAMNED almost all of my lists of things.  Previously I had a problem, especially with RTMT of not being able to hide all lots.  The problem I think arose because I tried to seperate out subsets of DAMN menues from the same folder???  Maybe thats a bug.

I have been very conservative setting up the menus this time by organising my file structure beforehand to mirror the DAMN menu structure.

Anyways if I have a problems with datpacking I will report.  Otherwise all good :thumbsup:

djp

Quote from: z on July 28, 2010, 03:38:54 PM
It's not a Java issue - my guess is that you're running either Vista x64 or Windows 7 x64.  This problem will be fixed in the upcoming release of the new SSPTool.  In the mean time, if you replace the contents of your current batch file with the following line, it should fix this problem.

start /min cmd /C "java -jar SSPTool.jar || %windir%\SysWOW64\java -jar SSPTool.jar"

Thanks Z,

the code you have given me is the same as the batch file already had showing

Any other ideas?
My new Hard Drive should be here tomorrow, so will have a new install of everything over the next couple of days - hopefully that will solve things.....

z

This means that your version of Java is not installed in the normal place.  Search for "java.exe" on your computer.

MutantPlatypus

So I installed the RTMT v 3.60 Addon Pack with its DAMN menus and want to hide the normal menu icons.  Problem is, when I try to read manage the DAMN menu in SSPTool, it stops on some item partially through the DAMN menu DAT.  If I close the modal process dialog, everything continues working fine after having only loaded some of the lots.  Have you heard of this issue before?

NOTE:  If the above post is just one sentence about some inconsistency, bug, or broken link, don't be offended.  I'm posting the info because I assumed it was some minor oversight and want to help you fix it, or I want the information to be available to others who are doing a search for the same problem.  Once the issue is resolved, moderators are encouraged to delete my post.

Venom+Eggs+Lactation=Platypus