• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SSPTool

Started by Stefan79, January 19, 2009, 11:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thingfishs

Quote from: Stefan79 on March 30, 2010, 10:52:46 PM
yes, you can create menus for items from the NAM, but this is a little bit difficult.
Its hidden with the expert mode, so the normal user won't see it.
You have to know the id of the button and this is not the only thing you have to know.
But if you can wait, I will implement this in a more easier way in the new DAMN management.

great news Stefan, thanks :thumbsup: Now that I've got my head around this tool I can't imagine SC4 without it (of course I am referring to both daeley's & your work) As for waiting two weeks or so, hmmm, can I do it...? %wrd (For SC4 a two week timeline isn't a wait, it's a momentary distraction ;)). I look forward to seeing the new version. :thumbsup:

City Builder

Quote from: thingfishs on March 30, 2010, 11:51:22 PM
I look forward to seeing the new version. :thumbsup:
As do we all.  In my opinion, the DAMN is the single most great improvement to the game (for me) and SSPTool makes it easily accessible to me.  Both really great tools that I honestly don't think I could go on playing SC4 without, as 4GB of plugins make it very difficult to find what I want to use in the regular menus.
When your tired of games of destruction, come to CityBuilderGames.com to discuss games of Construction!
Oh!  Thanks for the negative rep, I love you too!

Panda_Power

Hello!

I'm new to DAMN and the SSP tool and was wondering which version is the best one to download because on LEX it says that the latest version 1.35 has bugs. Would I be better off downloading version 1.33 from Sourceforge instead?

This sounds like such a great tool and I have a ton of landmarks and parks and canals etc that I am going to be adding to it!

Is there any news on when the new version will be released?

I've been reading this thread and reading that people have had problems installing it with Windows 7. I'm at work at the moment so I cant try it and at home I use Windows 7 64 bit. I've read about being careful with the target location in the desktop icon etc, so hopefully I'll be able to get it working OK.

Thanks so much for your great work! :)

p.s. What would be the best settings for menus playing the game at a res of 1920x1200?

thingfishs

well that's exciting :thumbsup:

I think the name change will help make the process a little gentler for people. Count me in if you need testers.

Myself.or.?

That's what I call good News. By any chance, did you manage to make the menus for the NWM (and the TULEP) work? Would be a huge help...  

:-\
The new SimCity4 Multiplayer. Interactive and in Multicolor.

http://www.simcitymultiplayer.com/forum.php
Join the Game NOW. Become a part of the Future.

Panda_Power

That's great! I may as well wait a few more days then. Looking forward to its release day! :)

shanghai kid

i look forwad to log on and see that it's released, just as i was when i went to the LEX and bada bing "the new NAM" was released ;D
Shanghai kid from Norway
"The lurking devil"
(Bam Bam Bigelow & Eddie Guerrero R.I.P).

shanghai kid

@Stefan79
How is the prosess with the new DAMN Manager going?
Haven't heard any news in over a week... yeah, i can hardly wait to test this :thumbsup:
Shanghai kid from Norway
"The lurking devil"

Panda_Power

Shanghai Kid! I got the email saying this thread had a reply and I thought it was a post by Stefan with the new release......so disappointing!!  :)

Just kidding...I'm really looking forward to the new release too!

shanghai kid

hehe, sorry to disappoint you @Panda_Power  ;)
Shanghai kid from Norway
"The lurking devil"

hopecity

I downloaded the SSP Tool 1.3.3 and installed the DAMN tool (awesome idea btw), I got the home browser to pop up in SimCity4 but no DAMN submenus are present or even listed. I have Sim City 4 Deluxe Addition if that means anything. Can anyone help me with this? I thought maybe I had to use the DAMN Creator for the submenues to show up, but that didn't work.  ()what()

buncheesy

Hi Stefan79

Thankyou for the development of the SSP tool &apls.  I started using it an postponed its use until such time as the update comes out.  I recently restarted playing simcity and have dumped gigabytes worth of everything onto my harddrive (from the lex disc etc - so many goodies! :o).  I would love to have all this available to me in a structured way, and most importantly, removed from the mayor menu - it takes ages to scroll the parks menu and some of the various sets are scatterred thoughout the menu rather than in one spot!! %confuso

I think I am going to restart creating DAMN menus using the old version of the SSP tool that I have because its just so useful.

My question is will the updated version allow me to hide the lots in my created DAMN menus using the last version (1.3.3 is it?) or will I have to recreate all of the DAMN menus?  If it will allow me to hide existing menus items then  ;D , if not then maybe I will have to wait  :'(

Keep up the great work and thanks again

Stefan79

Hi together,

at the moment, some testers try out the new SSPTool + DAMN Manager 2.0.
I fix the bugs and implement some features before I release it to public this week.
The old version 1.3.x will no longer be support but I can tell you the new
DAMN Manager fully recognize your old DAMN Menu.

Regards,
Stefan
SSP = Stefan's Self-made Productions

Panda_Power

Excellent news Stefan! Look forward to the release! :thumbsup:

hopecity

Thanks Stefan! I am looking forward to not scrolling through my park and other menu's. Hopefully the new version will work for me.  :thumbsup:

z

As one of the testers of the new version, I can tell you that you will like it a lot.  ;D

Stefan79

Hi Testers,

I have uploaded a new version 2.0.1 to Sourceforge for TESTING (www.sourceforge.net - SSPTool - View all files - SSPTool-2.0.1.zip)
The TEST version may damage your existing DAMN menu, Plugins folder, so be sure to backup these folders before using these TEST version.
Please collect all bugs, ideas and else more and post them here (with the SSPTool version you used). I will try to fix/implement and publish here, when I have uploaded a new version to sourceforge. Furthermore not all features are implemented yet, so don't be suprise, if anything don't work for now.
I think after this week it will be a version which can be publish to LEX for everyone.

For Windows Vista/7 Users: Please run SSPTool with administrator rights; in the folder of SSPTool is a SSPTool.bat to do this. For final version I will create an installer which create the shortcut on your desktop.

Regards,
Stefan

ScottFTL

Hi Stefan,

I am testing version 2.0.1 on Windows 7 Pro x64.  Here's what I have found so far:

- I am prompted for language and path configuration on each launch.  The program is not saving its preferences for some reason.
- The DAMN Installer failed with the error "DAMN could not be installed! Check your permissions and try again!"
- The DAMN Manager will not launch at all.  The button stays depressed for a minute or so, but nothing ever launches.

I'm fairly sure the preferences and DAMN Installer problems are caused by Windows security.  However, I am unable to run the program as administrator to elevate its privileges.

I have created a shortcut to SSPTool.bat on my desktop.  When I attempt to run as administrator, I see a command window briefly flash but SSP Tool never launches.  It does launch when I run normally.  I tried to launch the JAR file directly, but this does not give me the option to run as administrator.  It has the same problems when I launch the JAR directly.

My game is installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe, and SSP Tool is installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\SSPTool.  I'm sure you know that these folders are protected under Windows Vista and 7.  However, I was able to run DAMN Manager with this same setup with the previous version.  I had already installed DAMN manually, so I don't think I ever attempted to use your installer with the previous version.

Please let me know if I can provide any additional troubleshooting.

Jack_wilds

Hello Stefan79,

I have played with the 'new' DAMN manager v2; there were a few issues...
NOTICE: I maybe saying what you are already aware of and may even reiterate what is known -so here goes  "$Deal"$

Concerning the GUI

I like it over all and the most part... I like the choice of skins... I like the windows and dedicated use/functions to each window... I like the order and arrangement and the ability to size the windows vertically

GUI Issues

...the DAMN Manager window insists on remaining too large for the screen, unable to reach some button/function due to it being stubbornly over sized
...window resizing leads to other buttons being hidden
...the vertical navigating buttons in the filename/tgi/linkname box act odd; sometimes four navigation buttons sometimes two

Start-Up Issues

1...it pops up the language dialog drop-down input-defaults to English
2...it goes to the Damn Manager Path configuration input window
        A...  the field for the plug-ins folder defaults to locale folder
        B... the field for the locale folder defaults to the plug-ins folder
3...if not spotted quickly and corrected DAMN Manager does not function well and cannot find the plug-ins folder  :-\
4...if paths are set and the program continues it either fuctions or still is unable to 'see' the plugins folder

However this didn't happen consistently three out of the seven attempts it worked well but the other four times it couldn't find the plugins or the paths were crossed; I wonder if the paths are not being set well enough to remember

Program Function:  ???

I could not find the path configuration button to correct the config... so I deleted and unzipped again and then corrected the paths

...'plugin folder' window still only shows 'english' folder showing sc4 local and wouldn't allow me to correct its path

...DAMN Menu folder window; it seems to insist on seeing only the default folder tree and not what exists or what is made

This is what I have to offer for now... as I finally got some time and was able to put my thoughts together and now I need to go...hope this has some value

Sincerely  :sunny:

James  8-)

Stefan79

Hi Testers,

I have uploaded a new version 2.0.2 to Sourceforge for TESTING (www.sourceforge.net - SSPTool - View all files - SSPTool-2.0.2.zip)

The TEST version may damage your existing DAMN menu, Plugins folder, so be sure to backup these folders before using these TEST version.
For Windows Vista/7 Users: Give the Users group Full Control for the Plugin folder of SimCity, e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Plugins
Please run SSPTool with administrator rights; in the folder of SSPTool is a SSPTool.bat to do this. For final version I will create an installer which create the shortcut on your desktop.

Please collect all bugs, ideas and else more and post them here with the versions of SSPTool & DAMN Manager (SSPTool: Help-About, DAMN Manager: Upper right corner).

Regards,
Stefan